shc1961

Essential oils

Hi everyone. I am still in the approval stages, but I am already thinking about how my life is going to change. One of my concerns is about therapeutic essential oils. I have radically changed my medicine cabinet over the past year and use therapeutic grade EOs for everything except BP. Has anyone had any experiences with EOs after surgery? Thanks!

Hi!  I hope you don't mind me chiming in my 2 cents worth.  I use doterra EO's and love them!!!!  I've made the move to change my medicine cabinet to where they are all I use.  I even have a flu bomb and morphine bomb recipe if you need it!

I recently starting using Young Living EO's. I don't use many, but I live for my Peppermint and Peace and Calming oils. Good for just about anything. I am slowly building up my stock for different things I come across that I don't want to depend on a pill for, like headaches and muscle pains.

I use a variety of topical essential oils as well.  I have not had an issue with any of them.

I use the Do Terra oils.  I love the Digestzen oil blend.  Very handy for angry pouches and my wonky gall bladder.

I just started using essential oils for this exact reason. I want to start using it now, since after surgery I won't be able to take many over the counter options. It's a learning process and I really wish I would find a combination that works for chronic clogged nose but we will see lol

I have been using Young Living Essential Oils for a year and a half now. I love them. If anyone is interested in learning about them and possibly getting started with them, send me a PM. I have an oil education group on FB (only open to those who want to learn more about YL and may be interested in getting started with Young Living) and we also have a separate group for anyone who is interested in the business side. That is not a requirement to be a member and use their products though, but is definitely an option if you have friends who are interested and want to get started. We have online classes alot too, through our FB page. 

They have truly changed our lives, even my husband, who called them 'snake oil' when I first got started LOL

Love the company and I love my oils!

I just started using essential oils for this exact reason. I want to start using it now, since after surgery I won't be able to take many over the counter options. It's a learning process and I really wish I would find a combination that works for chronic clogged nose but we will see lol

Hwndori, what brand do you use? My husband has awesome results with Eucalyptus Blue. Peppermint to the roof of the mouth can also help, but if you're not using PURE THERAPEUTIC oils (that do NOT have an expiration date) I wouldn't recommend ingesting them. Only oils that do not expire contain ONLY the oils from the plant/tree itself, and no added 'stuff'. An expiration date indicates something added to the oils to extend the oils and increase profits, or chemicals added during the distillation process. Young Living is the only company I know of that uses slow steam distillation with their oils, no added chemicals of any type. Their oils NEVER expire, as long as they are kept in amber bottles and not exposed to high heat (clear bottles and high heat will break down the therapeutic properties) You can read more here: seedtoseal.com

Edited by Tigergal71

Thanks! I got some sample vials from my mother who uses doterra, but I would be interested in learning about young living oils. I sent you a message about getting started with your oils!

Edited by Hwndori

I replied to you :) Looking forward to sharing with you!!