miclauer

Wraping your head around not eating

It is crazy how little you eat and feel satisfied. I eat 3/4 of a scrambled egg for breakfast and I am satisfied. Prior I would eat a massive omelet corned beef hash and bacon . I know that is one of the reasons I am the way I am and makes me sick. I am very proud that I made the move to start this journey. How much do you eat compaired to what you used to?

I think I only eat 1/10th of what I used to eat. Even at 8 months out, I am satisfied after only 6 ounces of fish or beef. In the past I could eat a double cheeseburger with fries. Now I have trouble finishing one skinny veggie burger without the bun.

I still get head hunger for certain carbs like crackers and pasta, but once I eat my protein there is no room for anything else.

lol

2-4 pizza squares  (not slices, the squares) vs an entire large pizza PLUS a big bag of chips or an order of wings and pop.

A cheeseburger - no bun and maybe 1/4cup of something else can fit too vs 2 entire combo meals from McDonalds with both drinks.

1/2 of a 6 inch subway sub (with bread even) vs TWO footlongs plus chips and drink

I was totally a quantity eater in my former life.

Edited by Jolls

Sometimes I eat less in an entire day that I would in 1 meal pre-op.  

The difference is my eating habits now vs before is incredible. 

Sometimes I eat less in an entire day that I would in 1 meal pre-op.  

The difference is my eating habits now vs before is incredible.

This, completely. Night and day.

I eat less now for an entire day that did with my grazing alone before surgery.  The difference is night and day.  I still love to eat, now I enjoy what I eat because I no longer shove it in my mouth not even tasting what I'm eating.

I can't eat a whole egg yet compared to 3 eggs plus bacon, pancakes, ham and soda. Definitely a new life!! I could only get down 1oz.pureed chicken and 1 baby carrot pureed compared to a chicken breast , thigh, potatoes, veggies, bread and soda! Also, I can only eat half a yogurt at a sitting instead of a full yogurt..plus more. I can only drink 4 to 5oz. Compared to 20plus...

I'm still shopping for how I used to eat. Since I got to move on to pureed, I went and bought 2 boxes of mashed potatoes, several individual containers of mashed potatoes, 3 cans of refried beans, 2 tubs of cottage cheese, a box of cream of wheat, a big box of puddings, 4 boxes of applesauce, several versions of soup.

A week later and I just finished my first can of refried beans, I've used one of the individual mashed potatoes, 1 container of cottage cheese and I have about half of the pudding left.

Like Jolls, I was a volume eater ...

Even with making all the changes I had in the months prior to surgery, it's been an eye opener how much I guess I really was relying on food when I was bored or upset or whatever. I never thought I was an emotional eater but I suppose I was.

It's nice that now I do feel full really quick or I just don't think about eating like I did before. I'm not "there" yet.. I've been having impure thoughts about a grilled cheese sandwich lolol but it's been an interesting ride.

Even with making all the changes I had in the months prior to surgery, it's been an eye opener how much I guess I really was relying on food when I was bored or upset or whatever. I never thought I was an emotional eater but I suppose I was.

It's nice that now I do feel full really quick or I just don't think about eating like I did before. I'm not "there" yet.. I've been having impure thoughts about a grilled cheese sandwich lolol but it's been an interesting ride.

There are many days when I have to fight off cravings for certain foods...I don't think any of us fully appreciated how much power food has over us.  It's a fight every day, but the joy in seeing the scale move is a powerful motivator!

There are many days when I have to fight off cravings for certain foods...I don't think any of us fully appreciated how much power food has over us.  It's a fight every day, but the joy in seeing the scale move is a powerful motivator!

I can relate to you.  It is amazing how my eyes and brain have not synchronized to my stomach.  

Food aversion... Lord. I can no longer tolerate coffee.  

Milk... I drank lactaid regular, stepped down to 2%, cant stand it.  1% tolerable, but too sweet. 

My biggest cravings:    Yeap;   Haggen Daz Icream (Vanilla).  carbs, carbs   

eating habits:   I could live on club cracker the most 5 pieces and water. 

Like you It is a constant fight each day.  The rewards of the surgery are really great, but the sacrifices are too great.   

I still sometimes eat too fast and pay the price.  We went out to dinner and I had a bite of chicken and avocado and did not chew it well enough and had to sprint to the bathroom because it was coming back UP.  That is my biggest issue.  Usually happens when I really like something and I forget I have Mr Sleeve!  I remember quickly afterward though LOL