Big Papa

STL 250 "Cakes"

So, this is the 250th anniversary of the founding of St. Louis. As part of the celebration, they've put 251 cakes around the greater St. Louis area (One to grow on, I guess). Basically, it's places in and around STL that are significant to something in the last 250 years.

Well,a couple weeks ago, I went out with my wife, kids and parents and we saw about 30ish of them. Took some pics and am going to share them here.

Here's a link, for the curious:

Cakeway to the West

Here are some pics of me visiting the cakes, as well as any appropriate details:

This is my Miley Cyrus "Wrecking Ball" pose... I am NOT pretending to pleasure myself. LOL

post-43231-0-67301300-1410235734_thumb.j

I need a ride!

post-43231-0-75638700-1410235773_thumb.j

RAWR! Cake Monsterrrr!!!!!

post-43231-0-50298000-1410235797_thumb.j

My 16 yr old on the left and my dad on the right. They're really holding me up. This probably couldn't have happened 10 months and 133 lbs ago! The youngest (almost 7) is under me, pretending to be helping hold me up.

post-43231-0-21911000-1410235825_thumb.j

Apparenly, "perching" is the new thing. My older daughter was doing it all day and begged me to do it, too.

post-43231-0-71299200-1410235926_thumb.j

Peek-a-boo!

post-43231-0-88333500-1410235969_thumb.j

So, these were just a bunch of random strangers. I asked them to photobomb me and gave them permission to do ANYTHING they wanted... I think they were FAR milder than what *I* would have done in their place.

post-43231-0-47469700-1410235997_thumb.j

Lastly... my masterpiece.

My  16 yr old took all the pics of me. I told her in the morning, "No matter what you see or hear and no matter what mom or grandma says, if I tell you to take the picture, you take the picture." She agreed.

Well, as soon as I struck this pose, my wife and mother had simultaneous heart attacks.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"
"NOOOOO!!!!"
"There are cops RIGHT THERE!!!"

"Take the picture, Kensington!"
<SNAP> She took it.

post-43231-0-65802900-1410236136_thumb.j

Yes. You are seeing what you think you are seeing.

I'd like to say that I wouldn't have had the nerve to do that 133 lbs ago... but I'd be lying. : )

As soon as I get them edited and stuff, I'll have to post some of my pictures from my Vegas vacation.

Eric

Edited by Big Papa

Best post of the day!!  Hanging out with you looks like it could get -um- interesting.  :-) 

Good stuff!  Looks like you really enjoyed yourself and you look incredible!

LOL i am SO LOVING your pics! You have a great sense of humor Eric. Great job on the weight loss so far.  :lol:

Awesome pictures!!!  I love how much fun you were having!!

Looking great Papa!  You and your family look as you had a fantastic time.

You're amazing! That looks like you had such a fun time!

Best post of the day!!  Hanging out with you looks like it could get -um- interesting.  :-) 

"Hanging out."

Heh heh...

Eric

Those are awesome :) I have seen quite a few of those cakes also :) I am a fellow Missourian :)

Looks like some good family fun! Congratulations! Jen

Those are awesome :) I have seen quite a few of those cakes also :) I am a fellow Missourian :)

I'm actually in Festus. I just put "St. Louis" because THAT is a place most people can locate. Not many (aside from locals/semi-locals) will be familiar with Festus. LOL

I'm not really into the "Cakes" thing, but I love my family, and it was a BLAST to spend the day with them.

Eric

Hilarious! Love your sense of humor

Fun,fun, fun!!! You look amazing, congratulations!!!

I'm actually in Festus. I just put "St. Louis" because THAT is a place most people can locate. Not many (aside from locals/semi-locals) will be familiar with Festus. LOL

I'm not really into the "Cakes" thing, but I love my family, and it was a BLAST to spend the day with them.

Eric

I am in St. Peter's :) but I guess my profile says that duh :/ Edited by Mylifemyjourney