katherinep

Almost two weeks post op abdomioplasty with muscle reconstruction!

I am recovering nicely after my surgery on August 13. For those who don't know me, I am Katherine p and I had VSG on sept 19 2012. I am 5'2 and weighed 225 I lost 75 pounds and remained at 150 for a year.

I decided to have reconstruction surgery because I was not happy with the way my body looked. My insurance did not cover my surgery, so I self paid.

Muscle reconstruction is simply corseting your abs back together, they separate during child bearing years.

My surgeon was Dr. John Connolly from the Palo Alto Medical Foundation in.northern Califronia. I recommend him highly.

My takeaway from this experience is that everyone who invests in WLS should start a savings account for reconstruction surgery.

post-27328-0-62013400-1408927897_thumb.j

OMG!  You look amaaaazzzziiinnnggg!    I'm in Nor Cal too and am considering abdominal plastics to re-shape.... thank you for the reference to Dr. Connolly -- I will look him up!

Awesome!

You look great!

You look GREAT! Congratulations and thank you for sharing the pic and the name of your dr! When its time for my plastics, I will meet with him.

My two week post went amazing! Dr Connolly removed my second drain. What a difference. Slept on my side with any issues.

wow that is amazing, looking good

Hi Katherine, you look great!!!  I'm scheduled for the same surgery on November 25th (my 6 year anniversary of my original gastric bypass surgery)  and I'm excited and nervous.  I started out at 262, went down to 126 (too thin) and came back up to about 155, I would like to be at 135.  Once you had the surgery how much additional weight did you lose with the skin removal?  How was/has been your recovery?  I'm doing this the same reason you stated, I'm happy with the weight loss but am unhappy with the appearance of my stomach and breast, I can't wait to have this done, not looking forward to recovery but can't wait for the end result after fully recovered.    I agree with you, every WLS patient should start an account for reconstructive surgery.....I'll keep you posted and would appreciate any insight you can provide.  Thanks, Jackie