princessblog

Thinner Times Cruise Meetup. Sept. 13, 2015 from Galveston, Tx

So Monday the first full day at sea and my iPhone was stolen.  So the following pics were taken in Key West with my iPad today   The rest will have to come later.  Princess will have to upload the photos of all of us from dinner the first night.   

image.thumb.jpg.093af671fdbc64b8eb4ea7a8image.thumb.jpg.cf8c38322668b5b9897e26d2image.thumb.jpg.26e2702a0126528eb3f8a10eimage.thumb.jpg.6c6d90a0e8da0cdab0b19c42image.thumb.jpg.ea78a1df559396ca74aeb626

I'm sorry your phone was stolen.  I hope you don't let them steal more than your phone, enjoy your vacation in spite of it! 

This is the first time I've logged on this week... Wow at all the changes!   Just want to let all of you know you are here with us in spirit... I'm cruising with the neatest group of people, and feel like I've made some lifelong friends.   Here are some pics from dinner - Sunday night and Tuesday night. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Fun!! Please post more pics so I can live vicariously :)

Looks like you guys are having fun!!

I'm so sorry to hear your phone was stolen.  That's a hard way to start a vacation.  Thank you for posting the pictures. It looks like you are all having a great time!

Awesome! 

I wish I....! 

A good time was had by all??

This trip was a blast! LOVED every second of it. 

It was so incredible to meet all of these people that I felt like I knew but had never met! Everything was just fantastic. Hoping to do it again next year with Alaska!! Will post pics when I get them downloaded. I'm exhausted! Had too much fun and then the two flights home were a killer 

This trip was a blast! LOVED every second of it. 

It was so incredible to meet all of these people that I felt like I knew but had never met! Everything was just fantastic. Hoping to do it again next year with Alaska!! 

I first joined TT in early Feb and ran across this thread then. I was tempted to go but given the uncertainty of what I would be doing when, I didn't jump in.

If someone does put together a cruise for next year, I will seriously consider going. I've done two cruises, and my first was Alaska. Now that my cousin and his family lives in Anchorage, an Alaskan cruise would be a nice opportunity on two fronts.

I had a wonderful time!  Getting to know some of my TT family was great! 

Robbi - you were missed! Maybe next time! 

Julie T - glad you were able to join a few of us for dinner in Houston!  It was great meeting you! 

I am so beat up from my self assist debark that I can hardly move! Going to try and post some pics today. I need to scan the pics that njjenny and I purchased. Gosh what a fun time! Seriously we need to do this again! Loved it!

A couple of group shots. Will post more pics later. Ok maybe I dont know how to post them? Let me know if you can click on them and see them

DSCN0506.JPG

DSCN0507.JPG

Edited by purplemist

nope.  couldn't open them.  it said the file appears to be damaged. 

Well I guess I need to resize them and Im having a hell of a time LOL

Having a friend help so will see what i can do 

The cruise was amazing! The night before some of us got together with Julie and had dinner. Was a good opportunity to meet her and others going on the cruise. Every night we all dined together and rehashed what we had all done during the day. Usually some fun and naps! Port calls were Key West, Florida, Freeport, Bahamas, and Nassau, Bahamas. In Key West Purplemist and I did a Ghost Tour, and a rum tour in Nassau. Both were outstanding. Thanks Kim for pulling this trip together! 

Now, back to reality. Doing some shakes today, lots of water and walked four miles with my hubby! Never thought I would be tired of eating, but, it happened! 

Missing my bestie, Purplemist. :-(

It was a pleasure putting it together, and I agree, it was an amazing trip!   We all really enjoyed each others company, and I feel like I have friends for life!   A big thanks to Aviator and Bones for hosting us in their suite, TWICE! and to Jenny for arranging our welcome aboard party!  I already miss everyone, and I know we will travel again one day.   Every single one of you were a joy to meet and get to know, and I can't wait to continue building our friendship.    It really was an unforgettable trip. 

so who's who? 

Starting from the back of the table on the left:

Aviator, Njjenny62, Grayghost,  Bondkat

starting from the back of the table on the right:

aviator's wife  aka "Bones", Purplemist, Princess Blog, and Princess Blogs guest

I had a very nice time! I had the best roommate a person could ask for (Graygost). There was delightful company each night at dinner, and lots of time for reading, relaxing, and pampering! During the week I had a pedicure, a manicure, 2 massages and a facial! I will say however that I am glad to come home and get away from seeing all that food everywhere.

Awww, aren't you sweet! :D

I really wish that I was there with y'all.  I would even wear a bathing suit....

Here is Njjenny and I with Mrs Potato Head! 

share.jpg

Fun!!! Glad you all had a great time--you deserved it!  And see my separate post on my cruise (title "Cruise to Bordeaux").