happy78

Gallbladder Coming Out - Quick Question

I have read various threads on gallbladder surgery but I have missed a lot of work with these gallbladder attacks so my surgeon wants it out on Monday. I am only 7 or so weeks out from my surgery and my gallbladder is already messed up!! Ugh! Anyway, I am an attorney and cannot afford to miss more work. I am slammed with work. For those who have had it, do you think it is reasonable to return to work Thursday? I don't have any trials or anything major so I will just be sitting. Am I out of my mind?

Sounds kind of soon to me.

Are you able to work from home where at least you could lay down and be comfortable

When I had mine out, I was back at work in a few days. You should be fine and feel much better.

It's been a few years since I had mine out, but I remember feeling so much better AFTER surgery than before...and I know I bounced back pretty quick, although I don't remember the exact time line.

My husband had is out July 24, went back to work July 29th. He did amazing! He has not had gastric bypass (yet), but my gbs surgeon did it. Love Dr. Vallina!!

Just wanted to wish you well! Jen

I just had mine out in January, I think you are fine to go after a few days sure.  I took 3 days off and then had the weekend; was plenty.