Jodi

No guilt here.......

My husband and I went to Chicago, and I had to try the famous Chicago pizza. I enjoyed every bite of the pizza and I had no guilt. My life before gastric was filled with guilt due to eating but I refuse to have guilt be a part of my life.

post-8207-0-48880500-1406853306_thumb.jp

Edited by Jodi

Awesome!  It looks good!  

Yum! Enjoy!  :)

Jodi i think that is a wonderful attitude to have. There is nothing wrong with having something once in a while that isn't considered the perfect food for a wls patient. Unless someone has to be super strict for personal reasons of course. I'm not knocking anyone who lives 100% by the wls book for life. For me it's ok to have small indulgence once in a while. It keeps me from coming completely unglued and going on a binge hurting my body. I've done really well on not going on a binge too. Been at least 2 months or more! I am super proud of myself. Now my struggle with not exercising a lot and perhaps a little too much alcohol is a whole nother demon. 

My weight fluctuates between 117-120 pounds due to water or constipation. I've stayed under 120 pounds since last Oct i believe. Few days ago i had a slip up with too much exercise and too little food. I'm one of those people after GB, that can lose 5 pounds over night if i take 2 days of heavy exercise or not enough calories. I struggle really hard with the exercise and sometimes not eating enough. Mostly i'm doing good. Just i do have slips and it always come back to bite me. Not even the alcohol stops the weight loss. I have notice it seems to speed it up. Wish i didn't have an addictive personality but i do. I just take it one day at a time. Congrats on your wonderful heath and you always look beautiful. :)  

Edited by ChiefsLady

Good for you!

I forgot to mention, that after 4 days in Chicago, I lost 2.7 lbs. We walked a lot.

True point about feeling guilty about eating before surgery.

I don't second guess eating pizza or pretty much anything else. It has been fairly easy and routine to make good food choices now.

Speaking of pizza, need to go get Papa Murphys out of the oven. Thin with lots of meat, cheese & and a side salad.

Hope all of your trip was a good as the famous pizza.

I am at the point that I have figured out if I want something I should have it, but if it isn't the best I won't waste the calories. One really good slice of pizza is much better then a huge meal of mediocre pizza! Progress!

We just got a Mellow Mushroom in my town.  I had heard rave review about it so I got a small Hawaiian.  It's just 4 slices and about 240 cals per slice.  What I didn't know, was that the crust was as thick as a house and made of wheat.  I don't care for the strong taste of wheat bread in the first place, and it just doesn't belong on a pizza IMO.  But being one who gives things a chance, I ate not quite a whole piece and left the bone (we call the thick crust the bone because my family leaves "pizza bones").  It was probably the worst pizza I've ever had.  Seriously. It was bland and boring.  Wasn't worth the wasted calories and carbs.  

I will occasionally eat a slice of pizza but now I like and prefer the thin crispy crusts, which is a huge change for me.  Preop I liked the bready parts of a pizza best.   It's an occasional and rare treat, but I figure if I deny it, then it'll just set off a cascade of cravings so I'm best to just have one small slice and be done with it.  It tends to sit a little heavy, anyway.   

Seems that nothing I "crave" is as good as I remember it being and I'm slowly weeding out the old cravings due to a new disgust for them after trying again.  

As a Cicagoan I'm glad you liked our pizza. It is the best pizza in the world. :-)

I love your attitude and since my sleeve I have had a little (I stress little) pizza on a few occasions. I find having little bits of things I love helps satisfy cravings and as long as I allow for these things while eating my days still are on target. In fact I had a little pizza a couple weeks ago and lost 5 pounds that week.

That looks really good. On another note, what do you use on your hair? I am approaching the hair loss phase soon and your hair looks really good - did you lose a lot of hair? What do you do?

I lost close to 130 lbs. in the first year so I did lose about 30% of my hair. It took a while but now going on 5 years out it all came back.