Mrs.Donovan

protein problems

Anyone else struggling with protein? Since surgery any kind of shake has made me gag. Greek yogurt has been my main source of protein along with tuna (since Monday).

I just tried a sugar free Orange crush single, 32 oz water and one scoop of Body Fortress Whey Isolate. I don't love protein powder but it's the only way to meet my protein requirements. I've always had to water them down. I am doing the 5 day pouch test starting today. I hope you find something that works. Fage yogurt is my normal go to for protein.

try Oh Yeah bars (stupid name!)  but they are the protein bar I liked best.  I'm also having real trouble with shakes,  but I mix some banana in and drink half and freeze the other half - and then have it as a kind of slushy (or very icy ice cream) and that works for me.  Colder the better - which is weird,  because I never liked cold stuff before!

I'm only 2 1/2 WLS out so I can't do bars. I'm still in that stage where anything cold makes my pouch ache. Anyone know of any cheap pre made protein that's fruity instead we of chocolate or vanilla?

You can get cheap OR pre made OR fruity, but not sure you're going to get anything that hits that trifecta. ;)

Remember that this is your primary source of nutrition now, so instead of buying an $8 steak, you can get two 20 oz bottles of Isopure and get four meal replacements out of it. 

So, Vitamin Shoppe in SoPo has Isopure (premixed) and Syntrax nectar powder. 

Good luck!

I used GNC's Wheybolic Fruit Punch mixed with water. In the beginning, I had a really hard time with mixing protein with milk due to the consistency. Another helpful tip is to mix the protein powder into your greek yogurt :)