smack50

Hi everyone I'm new here!

Hi everyone i will be sleeved this monday the 21of july,scared but doing it i made it this far! if anyone has 

any advice or tips i would appreciate hearing them!

THANK YOU!

The day of surgery you probably will feel pretty good - you are still high on anethesia and good drugs lol.  The next couple days can often be rough as all that "good stuff" wears off.  Stay ahead of the pain, don't wait until you are hurting to ask for meds.

Walk all you can.  Don't overdue it, but if you feel you can get up and do a lap, then do so.  Walking will really help get all the gas the pump you full of out of the system.

Sip sip sip.  64oz is the goal and remember it is just a goal. No one expects you to get that off the bat.  Some of us took a while to get there -  some people are able to do it almost immediately.  Everyone is different.

Don't be surprised if you gain weight when you get home;  its due to all the fluids they pump you full of in the hospital.  Its best to ignore the scale for a couple weeks if at all possible.

Hi Smack!   Congratulations on your upcoming surgery! 

I was scared too.....right up until they put me under!  But it was the best decision I've made in a long time!  

My humble advice -- stock up on your favorite canned soups -- you'll drink the broth while you are on liquids (freeze the meat/veggie parts for your puree stage).  Stock up on sugar free popscicles, sugar free jellos (or make some in advance), and try a few different protein powders and find a favorite to buy in bulk. 

I pray for a smooth surgery and a speedy recovery. 

(((hugs)))

Carol

Welcome! 

You may prefer warm liquids rather than cold for a while-so soups and broths really are great to have around...

Many people dislike the taste of water post-op (myself included) so having some crystal light or flavor drops like Mio on hand would be a good idea too.

Good luck-see you on the losers' bench soon!

Congratulations!