chaseylane

anthem healthkeepers plus

I have this through medicaid. I was submitted for approval the first. I called today and talked to a rep. He said it was pending review. So I asked what stage of review? He started doing his thing and said your missing letter of necessity. I said nope its there it should say blah blah. He said yep got it. Then comments they are waiting for pysch eval I said it's there its by Dr.X he said yep got it. Then he said its been reviewed by nurse just needs to go to medical board. Call back in a few days. Is this a good sign? I need the approval by Friday morning for my preop class to be Monday and surgery the 23rd. Any insight or comments appreciated

Called back today and approved!

WOOHOO----Im hoping to sumbit to anthem in the next month.  hope everything goes as smoothly as yours did, but I'm sure that wait was a killer!  Were you able to get your surgery scheduled for the 23rd?

Yes I was penciled in for the 23rd and got my approval in one week. I did call along the way to make sure they got everything told them what was what. Good luck

Hi Chaseylane,

I too have anthem healthkeepers plus. My scheduled appointment for my seminar is in a month and a half and no one will tell me the requirements i will have to provide/submit to be eligible for the surgery thru healthkeepers plua. My Bmi is over 40, and i know about the psych evaluation, and the letter of necessity, but do I need to have documentation of a doctor supervised diet? And if so, for how long? And are there any other prerequisites? Thank you for listening, I just haven't been able to find much online about anth.hk.plus and bariatric surgery.

I need to know the same questions!!

For  healthkeepers plus I needed 6 consecutive months of a supervised diet, with monthly documentation from a doctor or nutritionist/dietitian, along with the psychological evaluation. Hope this helps.

Edited by amalynn1981