Kiplingerr

New to group

Hello! Surgery coming up in a week and wanted to get to know others just like me. Thanks for having me!

Hi! I'm also new (only been lurking a couple days) and my surgery is scheduled for 07/07. Dallas isn't too far from me, I'm in Central AR. I'm hoping to hear soon that my insurance company has approved the procedure. Mom's is already approved.

Glad to know you. Waiting is the hardest part, isn't it? I hope you hear and can get started soon!

Waiting is driving me nutzoid, especially after jumping through all the hoops. If it's not approved, I'm not sure what will happen. I may just go the self-pay route and deal with the debt later. I know the surgery pays for itself and if I can skip all the suffering I've seen my parents go through, it's worth it. 

Have you called your insurance company yet to check your status? It may help ease your mind to know where it is in the process.

Welcome and good luck to both of you!

I haven't called the insurance company, but I will tomorrow afternoon (or goad mom into, because I'll be at work) if I haven't heard anything. They called the nutritionist about mom's and the nut told us so I didn't really think about calling the insurance directly to check. Thanks!

Welcome and good luck!

Welcome!

I called the insurance co. Almost everyday. I was approved on the 7th day:)

Welcome!!!

Welcome! You're in for a great journey!