Hene1971

July 7 th

I'm having DS surgery July 7 th. This is my second date and I can not wait !!!

Congratulations!  July is just around the corner so not long to go.

Check in with our July Support Forum

Congratulations!

Woohoo!

Not to get excited..but surgery is tomorrow! Doing clear liquids today and it's pretty miserable, to be honest. Can't wait till I can taste something different!

Yay! I'm a week away best of luck tomorrow update us when you can we'll be praying for you.

Woohoo! Going to bed early tonight as we have to be up at 2:30 am  :eek: I will definitely try to update asap, but it might be Wednesday or so before I can.

:) see you on the other side!

Good luck, and welcome to the losers bench!

Wednesday, schmensday. Got home late yesterday because the hospital moves at a snail's pace. They took the morphine drip at like 10 am to give me some liquid painkiller a load of devilish nausea in a carton. That lasted a couple hours. Dad had to go to the doc's office, get the script for tablets, and bring them to me at FOUR because I was hurting and the hospital said they couldn't give me anything. I'm definitely in the "what the heck have I done to myself" phase. Doc told me my shoulder wasn't hurting because of gas. Nope. It's hurting because he bruised the bejeebus out of my diaphragm with the drain tube origin of burny death incarnate.

/whining

Glad to be back home, never been so excited to be able to eat oatmeal, my dog was pretty excited for me to be home, everything is great as long as no one thinks I'm going anywhere for the next, oh, week.

Wednesday, schmensday. Got home late yesterday because the hospital moves at a snail's pace. They took the morphine drip at like 10 am to give me some liquid painkiller a load of devilish nausea in a carton. That lasted a couple hours. Dad had to go to the doc's office, get the script for tablets, and bring them to me at FOUR because I was hurting and the hospital said they couldn't give me anything. I'm definitely in the "what the heck have I done to myself" phase. Doc told me my shoulder wasn't hurting because of gas. Nope. It's hurting because he bruised the bejeebus out of my diaphragm with the drain tube origin of burny death incarnate.

/whining

Glad to be back home, never been so excited to be able to eat oatmeal, my dog was pretty excited for me to be home, everything is great as long as no one thinks I'm going anywhere for the next, oh, week.

Glad to see you haven't lost your sense of humor! Feel better soon    :)

Thanks! I'm feeling way better this morning even though I woke up at 4am for some unknown reason. I'm usually a 6am kinda gal. Oh well, I got some fluids in me and then took a morning nap. I'll be jonesing for an afternoon nap, as well. Walking walking walking and sip sip sipping. We're supposed to be on full liquids, and I'm pretty excited about it. I'm a little worried about mom because she eats so quickly. She got an ounce of jello down her gullet in about five minutes with no discomfort. Is that normal? I thought we were supposed to go sloooowwwwwww.