GAviv

What Are You Wearing Today?

Katya does not like to wear shirts, so I occasionally buy matching children’s shirts. I’m wearing a child’s large, which admittedly is a bit snug. It’s making me feel weirdly fat, which is why I’m posting  I need y’all to tell me that I’m silly for feeling fat in a child’s large! 

Compliments on my impossible beauty are also welcomed  :lol:

E0A40FE8-8A38-493F-87B5-0FE334E33F25.jpeg

26 minutes ago, NerdyToothpick said:

Katya does not like to wear shirts, so I occasionally buy matching children’s shirts. I’m wearing a child’s large, which admittedly is a bit snug. It’s making me feel weirdly fat, which is why I’m posting  I need y’all to tell me that I’m silly for feeling fat in a child’s large! 

Compliments on my impossible beauty are also welcomed  :lol:

E0A40FE8-8A38-493F-87B5-0FE334E33F25.jpeg

A child’s LARGE...do you hear yourself, my friend? A child’s LARGE!! I don’t see snug at all, and you certainly ARE silly for feeling fat in it! I think it’s really cute, and I want to see you and Katya in a pic wearing them together :) 

You are beautiful, from head to toe. I can still see your infectious smile as we were chatting in Boston last summer. You look amazing!

10 minutes ago, Nana Trish said:

A child’s LARGE...do you hear yourself, my friend? A child’s LARGE!! I don’t see snug at all, and you certainly ARE silly for feeling fat in it! I think it’s really cute, and I want to see you and Katya in a pic wearing them together :) 

You are beautiful, from head to toe. I can still see your infectious smile as we were chatting in Boston last summer. You look amazing!

I totally agree with @Nana Trish!  You look great!  Your weight loss success is an inspiration to us all. 

I agree with Nana Trish too - the T-shirt doesn't look snug - it simply fits your trim figure.

But it's easy for me to talk.  I'm the queen of self-criticism.  I can be the best of shopping companions but when it comes to myself - I can stand in front of a mirror and annihilate my own appearance.

15 minutes ago, cinwa said:

I agree with Nana Trish too - the T-shirt doesn't look snug - it simply fits your trim figure.

But it's easy for me to talk.  I'm the queen of self-criticism.  I can be the best of shopping companions but when it comes to myself - I can stand in front of a mirror and annihilate my own appearance.

Same here, @cinwa...but of course that’s what body dysmorphia does. It allows us to see the good in everyone but ourselves. I think that’s the hardest part of this WLS stuff. But we are all amazing and we all look great!! We just need to convince ourselves of it ❤️

You could easily pass for your daughters older sister..  You look amazing!  A child’s large!  I have my sons old sweat pants a size 10-12 that I wear for camping.  I can’t stand wearing anything snug or tight fitting.  It makes me feel fat!  It makes me feel like I’m gaining weight.  

Oh yes, and I see the coveted thigh gap!

Edited by Cheesehead

Wow, I can't believe this thread is still going!

9 minutes ago, GAviv said:

Yes. And you started it five years ago!  

4 hours ago, Res Ipsa said:

Yes. And you started it five years ago!  

Indeed! Time flies...

Threads don't seem quite as active as they used to?

@GAviv miss your stylist pictures.  Know you’ve been horribly busy..

I've miss you too GAviv!

I hope life has been treating you well.

Thanks @Cheesehead and @cinwa.  Miss everyone too! It's been a crazy year+. Not sure where I left off here, but we moved to Boston last November. New job, new house, getting everyone settled has been exhausting. But all is good. 

To be honest, I stayed away from here because I was embarrassed that I just couldn't get my head back in the game. I did great initially after Eli was born, but between the new job, move and everything else, I just let bad habits back in. I've regained some of what I lost, but not extreme. However, I'm super unhappy. I'm having a revision done to my bypass next Wednesday, so I will probably be lurking and reading up :) 

I'm just not happy with myself, and will hopefully get the kick in the butt that I need. And then hopefully contributing to this great thread again soon. Looking forward to catching up with everyone and saying hello again. 

You wouldn't believe how big the kids are now...Eli just turned 3! Dylan is 11 and Emma is 9. 

Kids.jpg

Oh my how they have grown, I still think of Eli as a baby! 

Glad you're taking the steps to get back on track.  When we're skinny it's so easy to forget that obesity is a chronic disease and our surgery is not a cure but a tool.  It is oh so easy to let a few bad habits and a few pounds sneak back in.  You're a TTF rock star Greer and what's important is that you have recognized the issue and taken back control.  No need for embarrassment.  We all have the same disease here.

Wishing you the best with your revision!

On 6/20/2019 at 10:54 AM, GAviv said:

@GAviv!! So nice to see you!! This thread is one of my favorites, lol...can’t wait till you start posting pics again :) You always have the best clothes!!

I absolutely cannot believe that your baby is 3!! He was born before I had my WLS, and I can still remember you posting about him after he was born ❤️ 

I agree 100% with what Mary said above. It’s nice to see you posting again, and I wish you the best of luck with your revision!

Great to see you posting again @GAviv, this is still one of my favourite threads (not that I’ve posted much in it), so now that you’re back it might be a bit more active!

I’m 4 (and a bit) weeks out from my gastric bypass revision (and Gastrogastric Fistula/Hiatus Hernia repair) and I’ve lost 22 of my 31 pound regain since the start of my pre-op diet which I’m ecstatic about.  I can’t say I’m loving the ‘soft foods’ stage but I know it’s for the greater good!  31 pounds to go and I’ll be at my goal weight, unlike you I never got there after my original surgery 4 years ago but I’m going to this time around! 

Like @msmarymac I still think of Eli as the baby he was when I was a semi-active member of TTF way back when! Your kids are gorgeous and Eli looks SO much like you!  I also agree with the point about it being easy to forget that obesity is a chronic, lifelong disease even when it’s under control, unfortunately (and I know this more than ever now) I’m always going to have to be vigilant and I’ll also never allow myself to feel too smug about my success either, things could turn around at any moment.

Good luck with your revision, mine was a kazillion times easier than my original gastric bypass surgery and 4 weeks out I’m feeling like a million dollars! 

@the_gilded_lily thanks so much. I’m relieved to hear about your revision and success so far. Way to go! I hope to replicate what I did the first time around, but my new surgeon is telling me that isn’t realistic. I told him I need to prove it to myself and him. I do like him very much, and I think he is just trying to manage my expectations. But in the end, I know it’s up to me. You get out what you put in. 

He is going to be tightening my stoma (?), shrinking my pouch and lengthening the bypass to increase malabsorption and help my chances for success. With all of that, he said my pouch will be like new! Here’s to second chances. 

I’m still so disappointed in myself, and everyday I go into my closet, I feel it more. So many beautiful things I can’t wear. Soon enough though. It’s great to be able to come back here and feel so welcome. I love this place and never should have strayed, as it played a big part in my initial success. Thank you all. 

@Nana Trish thank you for your kind words. 

Edited by GAviv

Welcome back @GAviv. The kids are beautiful! Glad to see you back in the game. Regardless of circumstances- when you were at you’re healthiest and now, on your way back there, you’ve always been a source of inspiration here at TTF and we’re all here cheering for you!

13 hours ago, Dunndeal said:

Welcome back @GAviv. The kids are beautiful! Glad to see you back in the game. Regardless of circumstances- when you were at you’re healthiest and now, on your way back there, you’ve always been a source of inspiration here at TTF and we’re all here cheering for you!

Thanks! So good to "see" you. Can't wait to get back in the groove. The pre-op diet is going really well, and I already feel so much more in control. Wednesday can't get here soon enough.

For now, meet our newest family member...Isabella. She's 15 weeks old and we just got her last Thursday. 

Isabella.jpg

7 hours ago, GAviv said:

Thanks! So good to "see" you. Can't wait to get back in the groove. The pre-op diet is going really well, and I already feel so much more in control. Wednesday can't get here soon enough.

For now, meet our newest family member...Isabella. She's 15 weeks old and we just got her last Thursday. 

Isabella.jpg

Omg...she is just too cute for words!! Congrats on the newest addition to your beautiful family!!

You will rock this!  Hope there are no complications.  You’ve got this.  Looking forward to your styling again!

Isabella is gorgeous.  I've always had a soft spot for spaniels but especial the Cavalier King Charles.

I lost my beloved Meg back in March and am just coming around to the idea of another furbaby.

2 hours ago, cinwa said:

Isabella is gorgeous.  I've always had a soft spot for spaniels but especial the Cavalier King Charles.

I lost my beloved Meg back in March and am just coming around to the idea of another furbaby.

We lost our telly (my first baby) about a year and a half ago. One of the worst days of my life. I still miss her daily. We still have rocky, and he's wonderful. I was very against another puppy and Avi has been asking me for months. I just didn't want the responsibility, and I have my hands full with a new house and very big job. So he decided to "surprise" me. It's hard to be mad at that face (which is what he was counting on, I'm sure).

On 6/23/2019 at 8:19 PM, GAviv said:

@the_gilded_lily thanks so much. I’m relieved to hear about your revision and success so far. Way to go! I hope to replicate what I did the first time around, but my new surgeon is telling me that isn’t realistic. I told him I need to prove it to myself and him. I do like him very much, and I think he is just trying to manage my expectations. But in the end, I know it’s up to me. You get out what you put in. 

He is going to be tightening my stoma (?), shrinking my pouch and lengthening the bypass to increase malabsorption and help my chances for success. With all of that, he said my pouch will be like new! Here’s to second chances. 

I’m still so disappointed in myself, and everyday I go into my closet, I feel it more. So many beautiful things I can’t wear. Soon enough though. It’s great to be able to come back here and feel so welcome. I love this place and never should have strayed, as it played a big part in my initial success. Thank you all. 

@Nana Trish thank you for your kind words. 

Greer - so glad to see you on here, and sort of relieved to hear that others have struggled. I've gained some back as well, and have thought many times about how to get them to reduce my stoma. Are you posting updates elsewhere on the board?

I gained back 10 and just lost it, but it jumps up and down.  Someone recommended gluten free dairy free anti inflammatory food diet.  Works, but almost too tough to stay on it. I am not really allergic to anything anyway.  

Thinking of all of us in this long term process.  Prayers and luck for us all!