GAviv

What Are You Wearing Today?

Wow, @Cindy Lou Who!! Thank you SO much!! ❤️❤️❤️

Wanna know where the arm muscles come from? Picking up my grandson!! Lol! He weighs 29 pounds now :) I started noticing a few months ago that my arms were looking kind of toned, and couldn’t figure out why...I haven’t exercised at all for years. Then I realized, it’s from taking care of my boy! Pretty nice side effect from babysitting 3-4 days a week, I’d say! 

Thank you for the beautiful compliments ❤️ I’m going to keep experimenting to see what I dare to wear, lol. 

4 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

Wow, @Cindy Lou Who!! Thank you SO much!! ❤️❤️❤️

Wanna know where the arm muscles come from? Picking up my grandson!! Lol! He weighs 29 pounds now :) I started noticing a few months ago that my arms were looking kind of toned, and couldn’t figure out why...I haven’t exercised at all for years. Then I realized, it’s from taking care of my boy! Pretty nice side effect from babysitting 3-4 days a week, I’d say! 

Thank you for the beautiful compliments ❤️ I’m going to keep experimenting to see what I dare to wear, lol. 

Trish, you look amazing. I love the dress - you may feel self-conscious wearing more form-fitting things, but you look great, and totally like you belong in it. Keep working those biceps!

20 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

Trish, you look amazing. I love the dress - you may feel self-conscious wearing more form-fitting things, but you look great, and totally like you belong in it. Keep working those biceps!

Thank you, @Jen581791 ❤️❤️❤️ I think you hit the nail right on the head, and you’re the first person to word it like that that has made me understand (I think) what my issue is with this dress. Or anything that actually “fits” me like it should.

I don’t feel like I belong in it.

How can the body dysmorphia still be this bad? I feel like I have come a long way as far as accepting my body the way it is, even liking it (despite all of the loose skin, etc) for the most part. Until I have to wear something nice. I have had more occasions to wear nice outfits in the past year than I have in the past probably 10 years pre WLS, so I’ve needed to have a few dressy things available to wear just waiting in the closet. I’m really hoping I can get past this...I love the way the dress looks on me, it’s comfortable, and it’s pretty. But I put it on, and all my brain can think is ~Omg look at my stomach, it looks so big~ But it DOESN’T. It’s a stomach. It’s not flat, but it never was, even at 110 pounds. I don’t have anywhere NEAR the amount of loose skin I thought I was going to have, especially after losing over 200 pounds. I want to stop obsessing over this and just wear the dress, and enjoy wearing it. Does that ever happen for someone as psychotic about form fitting clothes as me? 

On a good note, lol, I do like the definition in my arms...and I am planning on doing more toning exercises in the very near future. That was a completely unexpected result of lifting my grandson so much, but a pretty nice one. I want anyone planning on picking on Harper once he is in school to take one look at his Nana and say...no way am I gonna mess with that kid, look at his nana!! She’s pretty BA!! Ha! :lol:

Thanks for the impromptu therapy session, Jen...I really needed that!! Hugs ❤️

12 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

I don’t feel like I belong in it.

I'm a huge proponent of "fake it til you make it." Rock something slightly uncomfortable around the house for a while, until it feels sort of natural. Then pop out to the supermarket in it. Then wear it to the post office. Then wear it somewhere you want to look nice. Our brains are funny things, aren't they!

On 4/28/2019 at 10:15 PM, Jen581791 said:

I'm a huge proponent of "fake it til you make it." Rock something slightly uncomfortable around the house for a while, until it feels sort of natural. Then pop out to the supermarket in it. Then wear it to the post office. Then wear it somewhere you want to look nice. Our brains are funny things, aren't they!

I agree with that...hubby was telling me the same thing right after I bought the dress. I like the fake it till you make it name though, lol...awesome :) Yes, our brains are funny things. Frustrating things too! But, if I can trick it into letting me get comfortable in nice, well fitting clothes, then I'm all for it! 

On 4/30/2019 at 6:39 AM, Nana Trish said:

I agree with that...hubby was telling me the same thing right after I bought the dress. I like the fake it till you make it name though, lol...awesome :) Yes, our brains are funny things. Frustrating things too! But, if I can trick it into letting me get comfortable in nice, well fitting clothes, then I'm all for it! 

One last suggestion that I've been doing lately - If I have an outfit I feel uncomfortable in, I put it on in the privacy of my bathroom, and take a picture of myself in it with my head cut out of the picture. Then, I decide if I'm going to wear it based on the phone picture, not on the mirror. There's something about not being able to see my face in the picture that helps me make a more logical decision. It helps me look at it and ask, "If I saw someone else wearing this, what would I think?" 

Hope that helps. It helps me. :wub: 

It took me a while to get out of my comfort zone and something I found helpful in the early months after hitting the smaller clothes racks was to take a friend with me.

I'd never shopped in anything other than the big girls world of non-fitted and dark colours so it was a challenge to break that habit.  

On 5/2/2019 at 8:58 AM, Cindy Lou Who said:

One last suggestion that I've been doing lately - If I have an outfit I feel uncomfortable in, I put it on in the privacy of my bathroom, and take a picture of myself in it with my head cut out of the picture. Then, I decide if I'm going to wear it based on the phone picture, not on the mirror. There's something about not being able to see my face in the picture that helps me make a more logical decision. It helps me look at it and ask, "If I saw someone else wearing this, what would I think?" 

Hope that helps. It helps me. :wub: 

Great idea Cindy, I like it! 

On 5/2/2019 at 9:22 AM, cinwa said:

It took me a while to get out of my comfort zone and something I found helpful in the early months after hitting the smaller clothes racks was to take a friend with me.

I'd never shopped in anything other than the big girls world of non-fitted and dark colours so it was a challenge to break that habit.  

I can see how that would be very helpful. I just have to find a friend that will be honest and not tell me everything looks good just because it fits, lol. I really do like the way the dress fits and looks. It’s just going to take a while to get used to wearing something that fits exactly...as in touches my stomach. I had problems wearing clothes that fit like this when I was originally 129 pounds and had no loose skin, so this is a challenge. But I tried it on again today, and decided that I’m wearing it to a doctors appointment tomorrow. It’s supposed to reach 71 degrees and be sunny tomorrow, so I’m going to go for it :) 

Thanks for the suggestion, @cinwa! ❤️

25 minutes ago, Nana Trish said:

I can see how that would be very helpful. I just have to find a friend that will be honest and not tell me everything looks good just because it fits, lol. I really do like the way the dress fits and looks. It’s just going to take a while to get used to wearing something that fits exactly...as in touches my stomach. I had problems wearing clothes that fit like this when I was originally 129 pounds and had no loose skin, so this is a challenge. But I tried it on again today, and decided that I’m wearing it to a doctors appointment tomorrow. It’s supposed to reach 71 degrees and be sunny tomorrow, so I’m going to go for it :)

Thanks for the suggestion, @cinwa! ❤️

Something I saw on a "fashion expert" video the other day said "dress oversized and you'll look oversized". I've personally found this to be very true for me. It wasn't until I changed to more fitted clothes that I actually started to see how small I've really become. You rock that dress Trish....wear it with confidence!!!!

18 minutes ago, Aussie Bear said:

Something I saw on a "fashion expert" video the other day said "dress oversized and you'll look oversized". I've personally found this to be very true for me. It wasn't until I changed to more fitted clothes that I actually started to see how small I've really become. You rock that dress Trish....wear it with confidence!!!!

You’re so right, @Aussie Bear! I’m finding that out lately...the better my clothes fit, but better I look. I WILL wear that dress with confidence...thank you!!!

Edited by Nana Trish

Good news! Before WLS, I wore a 28/30. Well I just bought a pair of shorts and they’re snug but give it a couple of weeks and they’ll fit. They are a 20!! I literally can’t remember when I was that size!

its weird because the scale isn’t moving as fast as I’d hoped, but the inches are disappearing!

9 hours ago, Boston Redhead said:

Good news! Before WLS, I wore a 28/30. Well I just bought a pair of shorts and they’re snug but give it a couple of weeks and they’ll fit. They are a 20!! I literally can’t remember when I was that size!

its weird because the scale isn’t moving as fast as I’d hoped, but the inches are disappearing!

That’s awesome, @Boston Redhead!! Doesn’t it feel amazing to be dropping sizes like that? Congrats!! 

Don't get too comfortable in those size 20’s though...before you know it, you’ll try them on and they will be falling down! 

15 hours ago, Boston Redhead said:

That's FANTASTIC news! Way to go, and keep it up!! You and your body are on the move!! Buying snug clothes is so smart. I found myself trying on my smaller clothes when I felt like the scale wasn't moving or when I needed motivation. It helped SO much seeing snug clothes get loose, and then too big! 

You're rocking this! Keep up the good work!!

Thanks so much @Cindy Lou Whoand @Nana Trish!! That means a lot!

On 4/24/2019 at 3:19 PM, Nana Trish said:

I got a gift card to Old Navy for my birthday. I’ve been dying to get in there to find a nice spring/summer dress. I stopped in after physical therapy for a quick minute on Tuesday, and this is what I found. It’s a size medium. I have to wear a cami underneath it because it’s too low cut for me, but besides that I think it’s a pretty dress. The form fitting thing is way out of my comfort zone, but I bought it anyway :)

BA990D7E-4DC3-4870-B1C2-983577625E8C.jpeg

48610128-D59B-49CF-B2B5-409052B6374F.jpeg

Sweet baby Jesus! You are tiny @Nana Trish! What a lovely dress and lovely smile. ❤️

On 10/23/2018 at 4:18 PM, CheeringCJ said:

MY GOAL DRESS!

So I don’t know what it was about this dress but when I was at my heaviest and having the surgery, I bought this “dare to dream” dress. I wasn’t certain I’d ever get into it but I knew I wanted to and I knew I’d be thrilled if I could get down to that small of a dress. There is nothing fancy about it (and looking at it, I’m wondering what sold me on it bc it is pretty simple) but that I wanted to wear it one day. Today was the day!  I slipped it on not sure if I’d have that “sausage in casing look” or not but it was pretty comfortable. I’ve been struggling lately with “SVs” so I needed his big “NSV” for sure!!!!  So here I am in my goal dress!!!

1FFC2F15-8F07-49FF-89E2-1FF91BA5DACE.jpeg

I know this was taken a while ago but I had to say daaaaaaamn @CheeringCJ! This is a lovely dress but the best part is that you radiate happiness! Hooray!

20 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

Sweet baby Jesus! You are tiny @Nana Trish! What a lovely dress and lovely smile. ❤️

Thank you so much, @NerdyToothpick!!! I’ve lost 17 pounds (withOUT trying) since I had my 1st knee surgery...between the 2 surgeries and being in the hospital with gastritis, my appetite has sucked. I’m a lot “tiny-er” than I had ever planned on getting right now. I think I’m finally starting to get my appetite back, so I’m hoping to get back up to about 135 pounds or so and try maintaining at that weight. I do love the dress though, but I was stressing about wearing it out in public because it’s form fitting. Turns out I’m fine, lol. I still like it :)