GAviv

What Are You Wearing Today?

4 hours ago, Cindy Lou Who said:

Okay, this was a post on August 15,  which was 5 1/2 months post op and I had lost a little under 90 pounds total. I was super excited.

Now it has been another 5 1/2 months, and instead of a medium top, I wear an XS, and size 8 skirt that is now in my give away pile with inches to spare. Another about 30 pounds down.  So weird!!

file-13.jpeg

Love it!!! I remember when you posted that first one and I was sooo impressed you were in a size 8 skirt, so it to see it so big is incredible.    I love the look on your face, you crack me up, Cindy! 

You were talking recently about others thinking you’re too small, but I think you look fabulous...not scrawny.  The thing that is such a shock to your family and friends, is you look like a naturally thin person who was born that way and it has to be such a change from how they were used to viewing you. And they may be afraid you won’t be able to stop and that you’ll end up wasting away to nothing quite literally.  However, I doubt there are ppl who die of getting too thin after VSG :) and you can start upping your caloric intake (think Jenn’s peanut butter protein balls! Yum!) but I personally think you look AMAZING!!!!  

You are the true POSTER CHILD for weight loss surgery!

You are doing an amazing job Tracy but that skirt is gorgeous - would it be worth having it taken in?

16 hours ago, Cindy Lou Who said:

Now it has been another 5 1/2 months, and instead of a medium top, I wear an XS, and size 8 skirt that is now in my give away pile with inches to spare. Another about 30 pounds down.  So weird!!

You look amazing, Cindy Lou Who! 

I love the skirt, btw. I think the tailor idea might be the way to go with this - it really is cute.

16 hours ago, Cheesehead said:
19 hours ago, Cindy Lou Who said:

Love it!  But you are making me cold in a sleeveless top!  We are getting snow and sub Antarctic windchills!  You’ve gotten so tiny!

It's 70 degrees in Houston today! But back to 35 degrees tonight. The shirt was switched to a sweater right after the picture! :lol:

15 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

You were talking recently about others thinking you’re too small, but I think you look fabulous...not scrawny.  The thing that is such a shock to your family and friends, is you look like a naturally thin person who was born that way and it has to be such a change from how they were used to viewing you. And they may be afraid you won’t be able to stop and that you’ll end up wasting away to nothing quite literally.  However, I doubt there are ppl who die of getting too thin after VSG :) and you can start upping your caloric intake (think Jenn’s peanut butter protein balls! Yum!) but I personally think you look AMAZING!!!!  

Thank you for your insight here. I bet you're spot on. I bet the thin, healthy look is a shock for those who know me. When I see others who are the same size as me, I don't think they look too small. Kind of like the idea of @Jen581791's of taking pictures. Maybe I'll tell my family to "let things settle" for about 6 months before they tell me to gain weight back. Then, in 6 months, they may be more used to how I look. (And I will too.) 

I lost another 1 1/2 pounds at my weigh in at Weight Watchers this morning, so I do plan to try out Jenn's PB protein balls. They sound fun to make! 

4 hours ago, cinwa said:

You are doing an amazing job Tracy but that skirt is gorgeous - would it be worth having it taken in?

Good idea. It's so pretty, and it also has emotional worth because I've had it for years as one of my "skinny"  outfits that were always too small! I'll story it away for when I want something new. 

3 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

You look amazing, Cindy Lou Who! 

I love the skirt, btw. I think the tailor idea might be the way to go with this - it really is cute.

Thank you! I have to say I think I trust all my TT heroes' opinion on my scrawny/not scrawny question more than my loved ones because they are prejudiced by loving me all those years when I was obese! Not their fault, but you guys probably have a clearer picture. Appreciate all the responses!