What Are You Wearing Today?

3 hours ago, delilas said:

Went browsing clearance at a few stores, noticed this dress at Torrid. We're traveling for our anniversary and I thought it might make a nice dinner dress :)

Nice added NSV - this is the smallest size they sell, so I won't be able to shop there shortly.

ujaXBc5.png

ended up not getting it because even on clearance it was nearly 60 dollars, and I'm not positive how it will fit in 6 weeks time, but was pretty excited all the same :D 

LOVE! You look amazing!

I miss Torrid, honestly. I can't shop there anymore. But, having been a plus size woman, I also understand the need for plus size niche stores. :)

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Size 14 capri and XL (16/18) shirt.  And upper spanx.   Ignore the compression socks and slippers lol.....I work from home!  

Wearing a dress - size small.  I never wore dresses or skirts before, now for work I wear A LOT of dresses!  

i'm wearing my medal i earned yesterday.

Posted Images

4 hours ago, delilas said:

Went browsing clearance at a few stores, noticed this dress at Torrid. We're traveling for our anniversary and I thought it might make a nice dinner dress :)

Nice added NSV - this is the smallest size they sell, so I won't be able to shop there shortly.

ujaXBc5.png

ended up not getting it because even on clearance it was nearly 60 dollars, and I'm not positive how it will fit in 6 weeks time, but was pretty excited all the same :D 

@delilas That dress is stunning on you! You look youthful and carefree. you made a wise choice not buying it because you’ll only be shrinking. That’s a great feeling!

2 hours ago, cinwa said:

OOO!  I like that dress and it definitely smacks of something that can be dressed up for an evening out.

And although I'm no dress maker, I'm sure that it can be easily altered down a size or two so that you can get a bit more wear out of it.

I was wondering the same! It has a tie on it that at least cinches the waist a bit, and some dress tape would fix the cleavage area if necessary....I'm still debating it in my head, hahaha.

1 hour ago, Jen581791 said:

You look beautiful in that lovely dress! Such a catch 22 to be moving down sizes and needing new clothes and looking better so wanting to look nice but knowing that whatever you buy might not last even a month!!! It’ll stop eventually, but so hard not to buy too much as you go. 

It really is hard to not buy too much. I love fall, and I've been reigning myself in from buying anything yet for cooler weather, since we probably have 6-8 weeks of warm weather left here. I have a good pile of stuff from the last few months that I'm taking to a consignment store to try to get a little bit of money back on what I've bought and hardly worn, and a bunch of very dressy clothes from 18+ months ago that were rarely worn. Trying to avoid going through that every 3 months :D

Have you guys considered using something like Poshmark, curvsi, or ThredUp? You can sell your old clothes and then buy new ones. I was thinking of doing that until my weight stabilizes.

Not clothes, but hair. I’m probably going to color it, too. Probably a light pink, maybe lavender. Anyway, getting back to my punk rock roots. :) Oh and I used one of those makeup apps because I have some lovely 5 o’clock hormonal facial hair stubble. Lol! But that’s why my face looks a little cartoony.

ED2B4E27-B73B-4D3C-BEFB-C97CAD1C9BDF.jpeg

@Cardamom77 1) LOVE the hair. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! 2) Look at those collarbones! 3) Gotta love those chin whiskers. I’m petting mine right now.  :angry:

5 hours ago, Cardamom77 said:

LOVE! You look amazing!

I miss Torrid, honestly. I can't shop there anymore. But, having been a plus size woman, I also understand the need for plus size niche stores. :)

@Cardamom77 Every so often I see a plus sized outfit that I desperately want and momentarily grumble because it’s too big. Then I check myself because Fat Lynda longed to find cute clothes that weren’t a mumu. 

I went to Old Navy for a tank top, and walked out paying full price for this romper, but I couldn't help myself. I LURVE it. (You can see my hateful chubby ankles but I'm trying to care less about that. I think someday I'll be able to lipo those down.) 

IMG_1027.thumb.JPG.82baeb5296944327fa59b51f32874dd3.JPG

9 hours ago, kristinwitha_k said:

I went to Old Navy for a tank top, and walked out paying full price for this romper, but I couldn't help myself. I LURVE it. (You can see my hateful chubby ankles but I'm trying to care less about that. I think someday I'll be able to lipo those down.) 

@kristinwitha_k You look splendid rocking this look! I love your short locks. Have you always had short hair?

14 hours ago, kristinwitha_k said:

Cute and you CAN pull of horizontal stripes now....awesome!  I still have yet to try...

16 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

@Cardamom77 Every so often I see a plus sized outfit that I desperately want and momentarily grumble because it’s too big. Then I check myself because Fat Lynda longed to find cute clothes that weren’t a mumu. 

I soooo have done that.  Usually in a thrift shop bc in regular stores i am t shopping in the plus dept. but then i have to readjust my brain to rejoin every that the adorable outfit doesn’t fit!

Thanks, @NerdyToothpick! Yep, I cut my hair into a pixie about 4 or 5 years ago. Every once in a while I contemplate growing it out again but I honestly don't think I'd make it very far. Ha. I am way too low maintenance for having hair. 

Thanks to you, too, @CheeringCJ! I admit I never shied away from horizontal strips. Oops. Haha. I am confident you could rock the ISH out of them. Just do it! 

So, i went into hallmark yesterday (rarely do i go in) and there was a big section of 70% off clearance. They had clothes which i never look at bc they aren’t plus sizes. But i started looking. I saw an adorable dress for $60 then 70% off and i wanted it so badly. I tried it on (L-XL but it also said on the tag it was a 12-16 so a small l-xl). It swallowed me whole! I looked at the next size and it was S-M (8-10) 
“No way, Jose” i said as I continued to shop. But then something nagged me to try it (maybe it was Jose!). They don’t have dressing rooms so it would be over my clothes. And of course at the point of no return when it was over my head, the sales lady came along and I thought “I’d better not split this dress!”  It came down and fit! Whew!  I didn’t get it because once I realized the 8-10 fit ME (?!?!?!  Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that size would fit me!), but then my eyes were opened to a whole new concept and that clearance rack was my gold mine!!!  I ended up getting two shirts and one dress which were ridiculously overpriced but at 70% off it was ok.  I wore the tiny green dress today and got at least a million compliments from my $18 dress (honestly it is the first thing i have bought new since I lost weight...except underware! I have been getting everything at thrift shops.  This i splurged on bc it was a swing style dress and that was the smallest it came in so i know it will still fit next year).  I was at church and had my iPad with me but left my phone at home as i was programming my sous vide on it before i left and it was still sitting on my counter when i got home!)...so ignore the huge pink item in the picture!  But here is my new SMALL/MEDIUM size 8-10 dress!!! (It was sleeveless and I dragged along a white cardigan in case i got totally self conscious but i never put it on) it is much shorter than i am used to also....everyone could see my knees but I survived!

78432F1E-9290-42AE-9875-4E241897ADEE.jpeg

E9BE2190-2D30-4122-851C-CC760631326E.jpeg

99C1A0C5-1EBD-4931-B269-A0F1275826D4.jpeg

Edited by CheeringCJ
On 8/18/2018 at 11:54 AM, delilas said:

ujaXBc5.png

Looking good though. I wouldn’t have spent that much either, since you KNOW you’ll outgrow (under grow?) it!!! Look how tiny your waist is getting...wow!!!

18 minutes ago, CheeringCJ said:

So, i went into hallmark yesterday (rarely do i go in) and there was a big section of 70% off clearance. They had clothes which i never look at bc they aren’t plus sizes. But i started looking. I saw an adorable dress for $60 then 70% off and i wanted it so badly. I tried it on (L-XL but it also said on the tag it was a 12-16 so a small l-xl). It swallowed me whole! I looked at the next size and it was S-M (8-10) 
“No way, Jose” i said as I continued to shop. But then something nagged me to try it (maybe it was Jose!). They don’t have dressing rooms so it would be over my clothes. And of course at the point of no return when it was over my head, the sales lady came along and I thought “I’d better not split this dress!”  It came down and fit! Whew!  I didn’t get it because once I realized the 8-10 fit ME (?!?!?!  Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that size would fit me!), but then my eyes were opened to a whole new concept and that clearance rack was my gold mine!!!  I ended up getting two shirts and one dress which were ridiculously overpriced but at 70% off it was ok.  I wore the tiny green dress today and got at least a million compliments from my $18 dress (honestly it is the first thing i have bought new since I lost weight...except underware! I have been getting everything at thrift shops.  This i splurged on bc it was a swing style dress and that was the smallest it came in so i know it will still fit next year).  I was at church and had my iPad with me but left my phone at home as i was programming my sous vide on it before i left and it was still sitting on my counter when i got home!)...so ignore the huge pink item in the picture!  But here is my new SMALL/MEDIUM size 8-10 dress!!! (It was sleeveless and I dragged along a white cardigan in case i got totally self conscious but i never put it on) it is much shorter than i am used to also....everyone could see my knees but I survived!

That dress is adorable and you look great in it!  

You know, for the longest time in my puffy days I cut the label out of my clothes because I was so ashamed of wearing a 26 and 28.  Now, there are times when I'd love to wear them inside out so that I could show off the single digit size.  It's not a feeling I'm too proud of but it's a fact and I'll own it.

Just now, cinwa said:

That dress is adorable and you look great in it!  

You know, for the longest time in my puffy days I cut the label out of my clothes because I was so ashamed of wearing a 26 and 28.  Now, there are times when I'd love to wear them inside out so that I could show off the single digit size.  It's not a feeling I'm too proud of but it's a fact and I'll own it.

I totally get that...  i have felt so badly for men that have to wear jeans with a big leather patch on their hip that anouces how big your waist. Is....i’d be mortified!!!  

If i could have worn that tag on the outside I would have today!  

I know you can still.  Tell my belly and butt is big still but i am ok with it for now and i really hate the restriction of shape wear so i rarely wear it unless i need to (like i am getting a pic taken...haha)

Oh and by the way, the one thing i appreciate about the smaller sizes?  They neck and arm holes are appropriately sized!  Go figure! ;)

@CheeringCJ Way to go! That dress is lovely and you are wearing it well!! Flaunt that body! 

22 hours ago, kristinwitha_k said:

I stuggle with my ankles too! How are they not going down with the rest of us? You are rocking this!

1 hour ago, KMFL28 said:

I stuggle with my ankles too! How are they not going down with the rest of us? You are rocking this!

Cruel twist of fate, I guess! :) I've found there's very little information out there on the internet about removal of extra skin on your calves, because so many heavy people still manage to have stick legs. I have always had really big calves and ankles, and hoo boy is the extra skin and loose fat there a problem. Learning to deal with it is a struggle right now.  

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I'm really mostly very happy with how I look, snide comments about my ankles aside.  

10 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

10 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

You look beautiful! 

On 8/18/2018 at 2:45 PM, Cardamom77 said:

but was pretty excited all the same :D 

I can see why you're so excited. You look so lovely!!!!!!! Thanks so much for sharing this! 

On 8/18/2018 at 8:15 PM, Cardamom77 said:

Not clothes, but hair. I’m probably going to color it, too. Probably a light pink, maybe lavender. Anyway, getting back to my punk rock roots. :) Oh and I used one of those makeup apps because I have some lovely 5 o’clock hormonal facial hair stubble. Lol! But that’s why my face looks a little cartoony.

LOVE the hair! What fun! And your pretty, pretty face with beautiful bone structure! Looking good!