GAviv

What Are You Wearing Today?

Awesome, CJ!!!! You pulled sleeveless off very well at that! ;)

4 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

I grew up believing I was big boned

This has been an interesting life-lesson for me, too. I am definitely not big boned, after a lifetime of thinking I was. 

I like the green outfit, too. Way to go on the color schemes - that's an art. You're doing well!

Saturday daughters wedding.  One size fits all (wouldn’t have fit me at old size!)

32618800-A234-423F-BADC-28A478E751BF.jpeg

On 7/1/2018 at 1:37 PM, CheeringCJ said:

I wore this bright ”sherbet” color dress to work the other day and got so many compliments.  I teamed it w/ a bright sweater/belt bc it was sleeveless.   I would have never worn it before (I sported more of the “hide in black style”!) but everyone loved it. I’m getting more comfortable with clothes the smaller they are 

8AB164FC-512F-417A-9CDD-0CAD988EB0FA.jpeg

@CheeringCJYou are rocking that dress!

E1149BDB-4278-40D3-9ECF-C1AD5C9C23BF.jpeg

Edited by NerdyToothpick

Today’s outfit. My $3.99 Ann Taylor size 12

pants from goodwill paired with my $2.99 blouse from there too! Even the shoes were from there for $4.99. I brought my sneakers though and got my 30 min 2 mile walk in at lunch though! 

I don’t see myself as thinner until I see the pictures that I take in the bathroom at work (how weird, I never thought I’d be THAT person that sneaks into the bathroom for the full length mirror pics!!! Haha!)

...and yes it is summer but there’s an AC vent over my desk that keeps me freezing so I dress like it’s winter all of the time!  At least I took my sweater off for the pic!!! :D

343FA0B6-E90E-4E1F-A1CB-5594C70B49B3.jpeg

7C4B88A2-024E-4A7B-83BB-1489D43F9368.jpeg

Edited by CheeringCJ

14 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

pants from goodwill paired with my $2.99 blouse from there too! Even the shoes were from there for $4.99. I brought my sneakers though and got my 30 min 2 mile walk in at lunch though! 

I don’t see myself as thinner until I see the pictures that I take in the bathroom at work (how weird, I never thought I’d be THAT person that sneaks into the bathroom for the full length mirror pics!!! Haha!)

...and yes it is summer but there’s an AC vent over my desk that keeps me freezing so I dress like it’s winter all of the time!  At least I took my sweater off for the pic!!! :D

Awesome deals from the Goodwill! A great choice while the pounds are still dropping off. 

Wow - I see a lot of vertical lines here - you're looking long and lean these days, CJ.

That is one classy outfit Cheering!

15 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

Ooh, you truly look great in that outfit!!! Love it.

On 7/2/2018 at 6:36 PM, CheeringCJ said:

So here’s my goodwill deal.  My size 14 capris (and actually it was good that they were only $3.99 bc they won’t fit for long bc I see they are a bit baggy already) and my size 10(!!!!) $2.99 blouse!!!  $7 for the whole outfit!  Now size 10s don’t really for me, that was a fluke but I wanted the tag to stick up so someone would have to fix it and see ;) 

i am super fearful of slipping back up and gaining weight after this honeymoon period is over so I decided to keep taking pics of me in my new (bargain) clothes so I will remember where I want to be and fight off the inclination to go up again!  (So just bear with me. I figure posting it here will force me to be accountable!)

and yes, in the middle of a heat wave, I wore sleeveless in public!!! Haha!

495975BF-9972-4A09-A9D8-0CC7E8603819.jpeg

Super cute outfits you've got goin on!  Loved the dress and love this too!  I like your fashion sense. :) Nice bargains!!  

1 hour ago, Jen581791 said:

Awesome deals from the Goodwill! A great choice while the pounds are still dropping off. 

Wow - I see a lot of vertical lines here - you're looking long and lean these days, CJ.

Could just be the awesome old bathroom tiling!!! Haha!  (Thanks!)

42 minutes ago, Brattykid said:

Super cute outfits you've got goin on!  Loved the dress and love this too!  I like your fashion sense. :) Nice bargains!!  

Thanks!  I’m not spending full price for anything yet til I’m stable. I just sent 10 bags to the veterans of America yesterday.  At this rate I can’t afford to buy new and hen get rid of them next month!  It is a lot of work to shop thrift but you get rewarded with a few nice things in the end. 

46 minutes ago, Readytobeme said:

Ooh, you truly look great in that outfit!!! Love it.

Thanks, I felt leaner and taller which is probably bc I had given up heels when I got heavier and so I’m used to flats. 

Ok here’s today’s. I think what is blowing me away is that my back lost weight. There is a natural curve inward at my lower back....just like “normal people”!!!  I’m so amazed when I see it. I put my hands on the back on my hips/lower back and can’t believe how differently it feels!!!

5D3EAC1A-6D06-47DB-990E-1BE6F3F09875.jpeg

Wow! Looking sooooo good, CJ! Please keep posting these. I really need the encouragement right now. I am feeling a little down about my very slow loss.

My husband is very supportive but today he even mentioned that this surgery is just not all it is cracked up to be. I truly expected to have a little more weight off now than I do.

I know that I just have to keep plugging along and that the weight will come off. Eventually.

Thanks again!

Oh gosh, @Readytobeme, I would think that 55lbs in 3 1/2 months is pretty spectacular, but that's because I haven't done it yet. LOL  I can imagine it's difficult not to want it all to be off at once, but think of it this way, the slower and steadier you lose the weight, the less excess skin you may have!  :)  Definitely stay the course and you'll accomplish what you have set out to do, remember it's gonna come off for a year or two.  You'll get there. ;) 

20 hours ago, Readytobeme said:

Wow! Looking sooooo good, CJ! Please keep posting these. I really need the encouragement right now. I am feeling a little down about my very slow loss.

My husband is very supportive but today he even mentioned that this surgery is just not all it is cracked up to be. I truly expected to have a little more weight off now than I do.

I know that I just have to keep plugging along and that the weight will come off. Eventually.

Thanks again!

How much have you lost post-op? (I tried to look back to see if you posted it somewhere, but I didn’t see it). If you’ve lost all 55 pounds on your tracker post-op, you’re doing incredible. I just looked back at my own stats, and at 3.5 months post-op, I was down 44 lbs and that’s with RNY (which has a faster rate of loss than VSG). Regardless, I just wanted to chime in and encourage you not to be too rough on yourself. You’re making great progress (even though I know it feels like you’re just slowly plodding along). And take measurements if you haven’t already! The scale isn’t always an accurate representation of what’s actually going on. According to the scale, I’ve gained 3 lbs in the last two weeks, but I’ve lost fat and gained muscle, which in reality has made me smaller. Keep the faith and stick to the program. The fat will come off.

On 7/3/2018 at 4:11 PM, Cheesehead said:

Saturday daughters wedding.  One size fits all (wouldn’t have fit me at old size!)

Great picture!

22 hours ago, Readytobeme said:

Thanks again!

Thanks!

you need to think back on when you were dieting (for years)....how many of those diets did you lose 55# in 3 months???  Absolutely none!  This is the real deal and you will continue to go down....i was getting smaller at your stage but it wasn’t as obvious....the further along i get the more it LOOKS different quickly.  I remember @Jen581791saying that and i had a hard time understanding it but i see it now!

On 7/3/2018 at 7:11 PM, Cheesehead said:

Ive seen them say “one size fits most” and i was never the most! It’s nice being the most now, right?

3 hours ago, athenarose said:

How much have you lost post-op? (I tried to look back to see if you posted it somewhere, but I didn’t see it). If you’ve lost all 55 pounds on your tracker post-op, you’re doing incredible. I just looked back at my own stats, and at 3.5 months post-op, I was down 44 lbs and that’s with RNY (which has a faster rate of loss than VSG). Regardless, I just wanted to chime in and encourage you not to be too rough on yourself. You’re making great progress (even though I know it feels like you’re just slowly plodding along). And take measurements if you haven’t already! The scale isn’t always an accurate representation of what’s actually going on. According to the scale, I’ve gained 3 lbs in the last two weeks, but I’ve lost fat and gained muscle, which in reality has made me smaller. Keep the faith and stick to the program. The fat will come off.

Actually, I lost the 55 pounds in 4.5 months. It is total including pre op diet. I weighed 277 the day of surgery. I know what you are saying is all true. I have just been way off track the past month. I only lost 4 lbs in the last 4 weeks. We went on vacation and even though I tried to stick to my program, I quit tracking my food and water. That was a HUGE mistake for me and something that I will not do again.

I also just found out that I have hypothyroidism and I am sure that is not helping either. Just been on the old emotional roller coaster and disappointed in myself that I have gone off plan already.

I WILL get back on track and I WILL be successful though. I guess that I learned a few very hard lessons early on my journey.

Thank you all for the much needed encouragement! :)

1 hour ago, CheeringCJ said:

Thanks!

you need to think back on when you were dieting (for years)....how many of those diets did you lose 55# in 3 months???  Absolutely none!  This is the real deal and you will continue to go down....i was getting smaller at your stage but it wasn’t as obvious....the further along i get the more it LOOKS different quickly.  I remember @Jen581791saying that and i had a hard time understanding it but i see it now!

See, I felt like I was smaller than I am now. We took pictures while on vacation and I was shocked at how huge I still am. I do intend to keep plugging along and make this work. Believe it or not, my husband has more will power than I have to stay on track!

I still get hungry every two hours. I am out running around a lot during the day and rarely have good snacks with me. I bought a small insulated bag along with blue ice today. It will be easier to carry healthy snacks now so that I do not end up starving and eating off plan.

Edited by Readytobeme

I think I lost about that much in 3-4 months.  Down is always good!  :D

25 minutes ago, Readytobeme said:

Actually, I lost the 55 pounds in 4.5 months. It is total including pre op diet. I weighed 277 the day of surgery. I know what you are saying is all true. I have just been way off track the past month. I only lost 4 lbs in the last 4 weeks. We went on vacation and even though I tried to stick to my program, I quit tracking my food and water. That was a HUGE mistake for me and something that I will not do again.

I also just found out that I have hypothyroidism and I am sure that is not helping either. Just been on the old emotional roller coaster and disappointed in myself that I have gone off plan already.

I WILL get back on track and I WILL be successful though. I guess that I learned a few very hard lessons early on my journey.

Thank you all for the much needed encouragement! :)

55 pounds in 4.5 months is pretty awesome. You’ve made tremendous progress and you’ll continue to make more progress. You absolutely will be successful. We all have bumps in the road. That’s part of the process as we figure out our new normal. The hard lessons are valuable because they’re going to help guide you to success in the future. We’re here cheering you on. I look forward to celebrating with you as you get back on track and have many NSVs and pounds lost along the way. You can do this!

11 hours ago, Readytobeme said:

See, I felt like I was smaller than I am now. We took pictures while on vacation and I was shocked at how huge I still am. I do intend to keep plugging along and make this work. Believe it or not, my husband has more will power than I have to stay on track!

I still get hungry every two hours. I am out running around a lot during the day and rarely have good snacks with me. I bought a small insulated bag along with blue ice today. It will be easier to carry healthy snacks now so that I do not end up starving and eating off plan.

That is a great idea. I snack on cheessticks, almonds, 90 cal Greek yogurt, and gum. I know gum isn’t a food but sometimes I just need something in my mouth keeping my jaw busy and keeping my mouth moist so I can chew gum and avoid a snack altogether. 

Do you use a tracker on your phone ? I use MyFitnessPal (free version) and that helps me keep track of what works and what doesn’t. 

Edited by CheeringCJ

7 hours ago, Readytobeme said:

a small insulated bag along with blue ice

This has been my very good friend for the past year. I pack it every day. Some things I put in it: Babybel cheese, string cheese, Greek yogurt, protein bars (the good kind get melty, don't want that), tuna salad, egg salad, tiny cut up veggies with dip, leftover protein + sauce from dinner the night before, almonds. Not all of that every day, obviously... ;)  I usually make up a whole week's worth of tiny 4oz tupperwares of a few things to keep in the fridge all week, and just toss in one set each morning with the blue ice. Very very handy. I'm basically never without a healthy snack or five.

55 pounds in 4 months is incredible. You are probably just at that stage when you've lost a bunch but you're still just big enough that it doesn't seem that apparent to you (although it probably is to others). I went through that: "Hey! I've lost a lot of weight! I should be thin and fabulous looking now! What?!? I'm not???" The first half of my losses seemed like I was barely chipping away at myself, but the second half it seemed like I was the incredible shrinking woman. You'll be at that stage before you know it. It goes a lot faster than you think it will, but it feels like it takes ages sometimes.