GAviv

What Are You Wearing Today?

16 hours ago, GAviv said:

Morning. J. Crew straight ankle jeans (size 27), small white Merona tank and small J. Crew linen sweater. 

Im ready for the weather to warm up. It's still pretty chilly here in the mornings, in the 30s. We are driving to Missouri for a long weekend, as my husband is graduating with his MBA. Its supposed to be in the low 80's! Yay!

image.jpeg

Oh my goodness you love amazing! Love this clean look. Your tummy is rediclous! So flat! Where was Eli hiding? ? 

20 hours ago, duffman27 said:

One of my great finds while shopping on vacation I found this medium Tommy Bahama shirt on a clearance rack for $18. I was so pumped! 

Happy Tuesday my friends! 

image.jpeg

Wow! That's a steal! Favorite Tommy Bahama I've ever seen! Love it.

19 hours ago, thornbury150 said:

I haven't mastered the full-body-selfie yet, so just use your imagination. I found these pants on the clearance rack at TJ Maxx in a size 10. Some 10's fit, others don't...so I thought...well, if they fit, great, if not, they will eventually. Well, they fit. Perfectly. This is paired with a now much-too-large size LG Eggplant Jones of NY blouse, makeup and a smile. 

I also wanted to brag on my daughter. Here she is, down 120 lbs in her 'first day at new job' outfit. Size 6 skirt, small navy tank top and she paired it with a medium white thin cardigan. 

IMG_0896.jpg

IMG_0845.JPG

Holy bananas! Your daughter looks amazing. She is adorable. Tell her we are proud of her:D

Latest NSV is being able to wear size 22s and 24s. For those of you in a size 6 or 8 or 10 now I'm sure it seems crazy to be excited about a 22 or 24 but I started out in a size 30 so it feels great to be able to shop in person at plus size stores now, many of which only go to 24 or 26 in store. I'm feeling more "normal" if that makes sense. 

I'm wearing this new outfit today. Top and cami are size 3 from Torrid (22/24), sweater is size XXL from Old Navy, pants are size 24 from Torrid and flats are from Payless.

image1.jpg

14 minutes ago, rds said:

Latest NSV is being able to wear size 22s and 24s. For those of you in a size 6 or 8 or 10 now I'm sure it seems crazy to be excited about a 22 or 24 but I started out in a size 30 so it feels great to be able to shop in person at plus size stores now, many of which only go to 24 or 26 in store. I'm feeling more "normal" if that makes sense. 

I'm wearing this new outfit today. Top and cami are size 3 from Torrid (22/24), sweater is size XXL from Old Navy, pants are size 24 from Torrid and flats are from Payless.

image1.jpgEvery size down is a huge victory. Congratulations! And you look very pretty in that outfit

23 minutes ago, rds said:

image1.jpg

Being excited about your weight loss, regardless of your clothes size, doesn't seem crazy at all. You look beautiful!  Love that top!

Thank you everyone!

Another day of adulting. Today I'm in a blue suit from Banana Republic. Size 4 jacket, size 6 pants and size 6 cream blouse. Snakeskin belt and nude patent leather peep-toe heels. 

image.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Dunndeal said:

Another day of adulting. Today I'm in a blue suit from Banana Republic. Size 4 jacket, size 6 pants and size 6 cream blouse. Snakeskin belt and nude patent leather peep-toe heels. 

image.jpeg

Wowzers dunn - another head turner. Always look so classy and sophisticated. And how could I forget the Dunn smile!

22 hours ago, Dunndeal said:

Good morning. At a conference this week so had to break out my stuffiest duds. I do love this suit but am glad I don't have to wear them everyday. Today I'm wearing a size 6, Madison Studio, grey pinstripe suit with an XS white tee with grey floral embellishment and grey and black pumps. 

image.jpeg

So pretty - nothing stuffy about this at all!

8 minutes ago, Stephtay said:

Stella Caraski tunic size M. Ann Taylor leggings size M. Charles David wedges. 

2016-05-04 10_47_59-20160504_103912.jpg - Windows Photo Viewer.png

Look Great Steph - Love the wedges and the Steph Smile - Happy and healthy - always a rock star!

4 hours ago, rds said:

It's not crazy at all, and you have every reason to be excited. This is so amazing and an awesome step in your journey. I never reached the point of having to mail order my clothes, but the largest size in the stores had gotten snug.

Those of us now in those smaller sizes get it. We really, really do. We were there too. And in a year or less, you will be able to reassure soneone else celebrating such a great milestone that you get it too, even though you'll be one of the ones currently in smaller sizes.

Edited by WendyH

On 5/2/2016 at 10:45 AM, GAviv said:

Morning. Banana Republic boyfriend jeans (size 27), small ivory Sonoma tee and one-size Limited vest thingy.

image.jpeg

Love this! You always accessorize so well!

3 hours ago, duffman27 said:

Wowzers dunn - another head turner. Always look so classy and sophisticated. And how could I forget the Dunn smile!

Thanks Duff!  I confess- I love it that you often say I look "classy" because it's not how I would ever describe myself but is how I (and others) have ALWAYS described my mom. 

22 minutes ago, Dunndeal said:

Thanks Duff!  I confess- I love it that you often say I look "classy" because it's not how I would ever describe myself but is how I (and others) have ALWAYS described my mom. 

I totally agree with "classy" as a very accurate description of your outfit - so is "sharp", and "professional."  In today's world of progressively more casual work attire, I am impressed. 

11 minutes ago, Res Ipsa said:

I totally agree with "classy" as a very accurate description of your outfit - so is "sharp", and "professional."  In today's world of progressively more casual work attire, I am impressed. 

Well said Res!

10 hours ago, rds said:

image1.jpg

You're beautiful!

New navy Ann Taylor suit. Pants size 0 jacket size 2 and Calvin Klein top pinkish color size S. I didn't wear the flops to the meeting I wore navy 4" pumps lol!

image.jpeg

Edited by Raeme

Here's what I wore today to a job-search related meeting. Medium green Sag Harbor sweater, size 6 brown Ann Taylor slacks ($6 at the thrift store), size 8.5M Anne Klein boots ($4 at the thrift store).

Sincere question, not fishing for a compliment. Does Ann Taylor do vanity sizing? I've been wearing mostly skinny jeans for a month, and I've lost some weight in the meantime, so I'm losing my sense of what size of slacks I'm in. I swim in 8s, and the waist on today's pants is entirely too big, but I don't know if it's that a 6 has gotten big or if these pants are a bit big in the waist.

rsz_20160504_122738.jpg

8 hours ago, Raeme said:

New navy Ann Taylor suit. Pants size 0 jacket size 2 and Calvin Klein top pinkish color size S. I didn't wear the flops to the meeting I wore navy 4" pumps lol!

image.jpeg

Great outfit!  Did you ever think that you would wear a size zero or two?

8 hours ago, WendyH said:

Here's what I wore today to a job-search related meeting. Medium green Sag Harbor sweater, size 6 brown Ann Taylor slacks ($6 at the thrift store), size 8.5M Anne Klein boots ($4 at the thrift store).

Sincere question, not fishing for a compliment. Does Ann Taylor do vanity sizing? I've been wearing mostly skinny jeans for a month, and I've lost some weight in the meantime, so I'm losing my sense of what size of slacks I'm in. I swim in 8s, and the waist on today's pants is entirely too big, but I don't know if it's that a 6 has gotten big or if these pants are a bit big in the waist.

rsz_20160504_122738.jpg

Looking sharp!  I love the color of your blouse.

2 minutes ago, Res Ipsa said:

Great outfit!  Did you ever think that you would wear a size zero or two?

Thank you. No never.