GAviv

What Are You Wearing Today?

I took this in the bathroom of the homeless day center where I work, so pay no mind to the off-track shower door and hand towel. LOL This is me sporting the classic millennial (even though I'm 41) look of a short blazer buttoned over a long top. I don't actually know if that's a look, but it's cold in here, so that's what I'm wearing. Haha! And yes, those are Halloween nails. I love Halloween! 

IMG_4040.JPG

Edited by Cardamom77

MY GOAL DRESS!

So I don’t know what it was about this dress but when I was at my heaviest and having the surgery, I bought this “dare to dream” dress. I wasn’t certain I’d ever get into it but I knew I wanted to and I knew I’d be thrilled if I could get down to that small of a dress. There is nothing fancy about it (and looking at it, I’m wondering what sold me on it bc it is pretty simple) but that I wanted to wear it one day. Today was the day!  I slipped it on not sure if I’d have that “sausage in casing look” or not but it was pretty comfortable. I’ve been struggling lately with “SVs” so I needed his big “NSV” for sure!!!!  So here I am in my goal dress!!!

1FFC2F15-8F07-49FF-89E2-1FF91BA5DACE.jpeg

Edited by CheeringCJ

@CheeringCJ that dress is amazing on you! It may be simple, but the structure of it looks great on your frame!

1 hour ago, Cardamom77 said:

@CheeringCJ that dress is amazing on you! It may be simple, but the structure of it looks great on your frame

Thanks, @Cardamom77.  I got a lot of comments on it today.  I got a jacket that has the same two colors (at Good Will)that matches it perfectly so I wore that for the morning since it was chilly.  One girl commented on my dress and said “I love your clothes, you really need to take me shopping!”  Haha....she is a dr and has plenty of money, so should i take her to GW and the Salvation Army??? :D

2 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

MY GOAL DRESS!

So I don’t know what it was about this dress but when I was at my heaviest and having the surgery, I bought this “dare to dream” dress. I wasn’t certain I’d ever get into it but I knew I wanted to and I knew I’d be thrilled if I could get down to that small of a dress. There is nothing fancy about it (and looking at it, I’m wondering what sold me on it bc it is pretty simple) but that I wanted to wear it one day. Today was the day!  I slipped it on not sure if I’d have that “sausage in casing look” or not but it was pretty comfortable. I’ve been struggling lately with “SVs” so I needed his big “NSV” for sure!!!!  So here I am in my goal dress!!!

You look wonderful!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

MY GOAL DRESS!

That is a very stylish dress Cheering and the style definitely does suit you.

40 minutes ago, CheeringCJ said:

One girl commented on my dress and said “I love your clothes, you really need to take me shopping!”  Haha....she is a dr and has plenty of money, so should i take her to GW and the Salvation Army??? :D

Yes you should! Show her where the rest of us shop. LOL. 

I've probably already mentioned this, but we have a resale shop here called Beautiful Lives that benefits women trying to get out of tough situations. They treat you like you're at a high end boutique - they start dressing rooms for you, check in with you to see if you're looking for something specific, etc. All while selling items at super low prices. They have some higher end items that they sell for more (think Dooney & Burke and Coach purses for $60 - still a good deal!), but most of the retail-level stuff sells for around $2-$5. I bought an entirely new fall/winter wardrobe there for around $30 and a nice wool coat for $5. I LOVE that place! 

2 hours ago, Boho Rosy said:

You look wonderful!!!!!!!

Thanks, @Boho Rosy!  I felt good in it!

2 hours ago, cinwa said:

That is a very stylish dress Cheering and the style definitely does suit you.

Thanks, @cinwa!  I wasn’t sure what it was about that dress, but it did call to me last year and I wasn’t sure I would be able to ever wear it, so a NSV it was to be able to wear it! 

2 hours ago, Cardamom77 said:

Yes you should! Show her where the rest of us shop. LOL. 

I've probably already mentioned this, but we have a resale shop here called Beautiful Lives that benefits women trying to get out of tough situations. They treat you like you're at a high end boutique - they start dressing rooms for you, check in with you to see if you're looking for something specific, etc. All while selling items at super low prices. They have some higher end items that they sell for more (think Dooney & Burke and Coach purses for $60 - still a good deal!), but most of the retail-level stuff sells for around $2-$5. I bought an entirely new fall/winter wardrobe there for around $30 and a nice wool coat for $5. I LOVE that place! 

Now I want you to take ME shopping!  what fun we’d have together!  I remember you saying you got some great deals there before.  I would love it there and spending the afternoon with you!  We could go do a light lunch afterwards...or just split one entree! Haha!

we have a place in philly that caters towards ppl getting back to work after being unemployed and underprivileged etc....we train them at my college and we send them to this place to get free career clothing which is wonderful.

On 10/18/2018 at 1:20 PM, Cardamom77 said:

I took this in the bathroom of the homeless day center where I work, so pay no mind to the off-track shower door and hand towel. LOL This is me sporting the classic millennial (even though I'm 41) look of a short blazer buttoned over a long top. I don't actually know if that's a look, but it's cold in here, so that's what I'm wearing. Haha! And yes, those are Halloween nails. I love Halloween! 

IMG_4040.JPG

Edited October 18 by Cardamom7

@Cardamom77, you are absolutely rocking this look!! And you're looking younger and brighter in every photo! Congratulations and thanks for sharing!!

On 10/23/2018 at 3:18 PM, CheeringCJ said:

MY GOAL DRESS!

Edited 22 hours ago by CheeringCJ

@CheeringCJ, you look fantastic in this dress! And the fact that you bought this months ago as your goal dress and are in it now is SO HUGE OF AN ACCOMPLISHMENT!!!!! What an enormous NSV!! It looks so great on you. Fantastic fit, feminine, and very professional look. Congratulations! 

I have a goal dress that I'm not into yet. (It's so old that I'm sure it's too young for me now even if I get into it! Haha!)  But  last week I sent it to the dry cleaners so it's ready, just in case I get there. ;)

I hope you wear your goal dress often and smile your gorgeous smile when you wear it! :) 

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 3:18 PM, CheeringCJ said:

MY GOAL DRESS!

Congratulations!!  You look fantastic and I love that dress!!!

On 11/2/2018 at 3:52 PM, xmandy said:

Congratulations!!  You look fantastic and I love that dress!!!

Thanks, Mandy!!!

Here’s what I wore yesterday, on my 41st birthday. 

7391E825-6F5A-407C-9D78-EA6418AB1E54.jpeg

54 minutes ago, Cardamom77 said:

41!!!!!!   NO WAY!  

1 hour ago, cinwa said:

41!!!!!!   NO WAY!  

It's true! I need to change my profile age - it still says 40. Haha! 

@Cardamom77, you're looking a very fit and sporty 41. Happy birthday! Have a Birthday Cake One Bar :) 

17 hours ago, Cardamom77 said:

WOW!!!!  You look so young and so very fabulous!  You are really skinny....you do see that, right?  But your face is so young too, man, you got good genes, girlfriend!!! :) 

Hope you had a great day (I had a bday cake protein bar for my bday and didn’t miss a cake at all!). 

You’ve done fabulous and you can truly say you are fabulous, fit and fourty! (Or fourty one but who’s counting?) 

Happy Birthday, @Cardamom77!! B)

giphy.gif

P.S.  You look fantastic!!! 

Edited by Brattykid

I looking fabulous!  Hope you had a great birthday!

Thank you! I didn't have a birthday cake bar, but my husband found a Swerve cake mix that was pretty good on carbs and had erythritol in it (which I handle well) and made a very lightly sweetened whipped cream frosting for it. It was perfect! He's a keeper. :)

On 11/5/2018 at 1:24 PM, Cardamom77 said:

WOW! You look so fit, so fab, so adorable! And Happy Birthday!!!! And no way you are 41! You look 21!!!