GAviv

What Are You Wearing Today?

4 minutes ago, NerdyToothpick said:

@CheeringCJ I will. Katya’s latest favorite is the family “MeowMaid” T-shirt. It’s a picture of a cat mermaid. My husband rocks his shirt with pride. ❤️❤️

Awesome dad!

On 9/2/2018 at 5:43 AM, NerdyToothpick said:

Katya didn’t want to wear clothes today, so I dug out our matching T-shirts. A matching tee works every time. 

Here I am in size 4 shorts (WHAT) from J Crew and an XL Children’s top. 

Edit: I had no idea the American flag was in the background. The husband received it as a gift when he became a US citizen. 

You're so freaking cute! Look at you in your bright colors! :D 

@NerdyToothpick I seriously think that one of the best unexpected benefits of this weight loss has been fitting into kids clothes sizes again. It has totally expanded my shopping horizons. :lol: I own a couple pairs of XL girls sweatpants from Old Navy, share sweatshirts with my 10 & 12 year olds, and shamelessly steal my 12 year old’s shirts when I’m too lazy to do laundry. 

Broke down yesterday and bought a new pair of 34" waist (34 length) chinos - started at 44" + before surgery, bought and have donated away a set of 38" pants, and now the 36" chinos I have been wearing since before the turn of the year are too big. The 34" pants are perfect. Still slowly losing weight! :cool: Can't believe it!

Went to Salvation Army this morning for their holiday 50% off clothes/shoes sales.   Got 5 dresses, one bathing suit, 4 pants and a pair of pjs (and jeans and a shirt for my son) all for $46!  Got some adorable dresses i must say!  So glad my new job I can wear dresses to...I had gotten away from wearing dresses when I was so heavy and now I wear them all of the time and love them again!  I got all 12s and two size 10s....and I put on my first pair of size 10 pants and they zipped up!!! YEAH!  I’ll post pics when I wear them.

Edited by CheeringCJ

9 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Broke down yesterday and bought a new pair of 34" waist (34 length) chinos - started at 44" + before surgery, bought and have donated away a set of 38" pants, and now the 36" chinos I have been wearing since before the turn of the year are too big. The 34" pants are perfect. Still slowly losing weight! :cool: Can't believe it!

That is awesome that you are still losing!  Are you losing weight (close to goal!) or losing inches instead?  Either way, great to know you can still go down after the so called honeymoon period!  Keep at it!

3 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

all for $46!

That's an NSV and a Bank Account Victory (BAV!) all rolled into one. So smart when you're actively losing.

13 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

That is awesome that you are still losing!  Are you losing weight (close to goal!) or losing inches instead?  Either way, great to know you can still go down after the so called honeymoon period!  Keep at it!

Bit of losing, bit of losing inches too. I have no idea what my goal "should" be. This just feels right. 

Achieved health goals?: Yes. :D

BMI is under 25? Yes. :D

Lost 40 years and developed rippling muscles everywhere and hair grew back on top of my head? Um, not quite ... :ph34r:

On 8/28/2018 at 3:05 AM, CheeringCJ said:

So here's another new-to-me dress from salvation army. I wasn't sure I could pull it off but I wore it. 

DF2AA4C5-0A8C-420C-BBC1-CB0AAB1FD24B.jpeg

That looks very cute on you!

On 9/1/2018 at 8:43 PM, NerdyToothpick said:

Katya didn’t want to wear clothes today, so I dug out our matching T-shirts. A matching tee works every time. 

Edit: I had no idea the American flag was in the background. The husband received it as a gift when he became a US citizen. 

ADC9C45E-6B23-449C-A952-A7A42FD0F9EF.jpeg

Cute, fun outfit!

14 hours ago, Carina said:

That looks very cute on you!

Thanks, Carina!

We have a little village celebration every post Labor Day weekend in my town/village. I have not attended this event in probably close to 10 years. Due to serious health issues, combined with my excessive weight, I was not comfortable in my own skin. Tonight was the first time in a decade I decided to attend. Although I STILL rely on my wheel chair for distance walking, I was not embarrassed to be seen in public this year. There are craft vendors, food vendors, live music, carnival rides and lots of things to browse around and just take it all in. I bought my first "normal" sized sweatshirt, and wore my beloved leggings with it (as well as a way too large turtleneck under the top), but to be fair, it's 49 degrees here right now, and I was cold!! Here is a pic of my outfit. It was VERY comfy :) The sweatshirt is a large, but I bought it big incase it shrinks when I wash it. I'm normally in small tops now. I thought it was cute...and it's sooo comfy!!

IMG_2755.PNG

On 9/1/2018 at 9:43 PM, NerdyToothpick said:

ADC9C45E-6B23-449C-A952-A7A42FD0F9EF.jpeg

@NerdyToothpick...I LOVE this outfit on you!! You are so fricken~fracken adorable!!! Loving your adventurous side!! I hope K followed suit ❤️❤️❤️

Edited by Nana Trish

Just now, Nana Trish said:

@NerdyToothpick...I LOVE this outfit on you!! You are so fricken~fracken adorable!!! Loving your adventurous side!! I hope K followed suit ❤️❤️❤️

PS...missing our chats...I hope you're doing well, my friend!!!

10 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

We have a little village celebration every post Labor Day weekend in my town/village. I have not attended this event in probably close to 10 years. Due to serious health issues, combined with my excessive weight, I was not comfortable in my own skin. Tonight was the first time in a decade I decided to attend. Although I STILL rely on my wheel chair for distance walking, I was not embarrassed to be seen in public this year. There are craft vendors, food vendors, live music, carnival rides and lots of things to browse around and just take it all in. I bought my first "normal" sized sweatshirt, and wore my beloved leggings with it (as well as a way too large turtleneck under the top), but to be fair, it's 49 degrees here right now, and I was cold!! Here is a pic of my outfit. It was VERY comfy :) The sweatshirt is a large, but I bought it big incase it shrinks when I wash it. I'm normally in small tops now. I thought it was cute...and it's sooo comfy!!

IMG_2755.PNG

Congrats on feeling good about yourself and making it to the village celebration! :) You're just a wee little thing these days. You look great - and comfy.

2 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

Congrats on feeling good about yourself and making it to the village celebration! :) You're just a wee little thing these days. You look great - and comfy.

It was fun, @Jen581791 :) Getting used to feeling good about myself is hard, lol, but I like it anyway. Hubby is constantly calling me ‘tiny’ these days...and the same as you calling me ‘wee’, that I STILL can’t get used to! Thank you so much for saying it though ❤️:wub: I was very comfy in the sweatshirt, and I bought it none too soon. The day I bought it it was like 97 degrees here, and last night I think the temp dropped to 45 overnight. 

On 8/27/2018 at 9:05 PM, CheeringCJ said:

So here's another new-to-me dress from salvation army. I wasn't sure I could pull it off but I wore it. 

DF2AA4C5-0A8C-420C-BBC1-CB0AAB1FD24B.jpeg

That is a VERY cool dress, CJ!! It looks lovely on you, and shows off those new curves, girl!! Love it!

1 hour ago, Nana Trish said:

That is a VERY cool dress, CJ!! It looks lovely on you, and shows off those new curves, girl!! Love it!

Thanks!    I took a sweater with me that day in case i was too embarrassed of the bat wings but i was ok w/o it....I’m getting there.  It is so hard not to judge....MYSELF!

13 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

IMG_2755.PNG

Look at you! Adorable!  Your legs are so tiny, were they always small or had they been big?  My legs were always pretty big (mostly thighs) but they are really shrinking down and I see them and don’t get that they are “mine””!!!

9 minutes ago, CheeringCJ said:

Thanks!    I took a sweater with me that day in case i was too embarrassed of the bat wings but i was ok w/o it....I’m getting there.  It is so hard not to judge....MYSELF!

I totally get that!! My arms look pretty *eh* but I’m a lot more open about wearing sleeveless tops than I ever thought I’d be, which is GREAT!! And yes, you are way too hard on yourself...your arms look fabulous! Don’t be embarrassed, ever!!

10 minutes ago, CheeringCJ said:

Look at you! Adorable!  Your legs are so tiny, were they always small or had they been big?  My legs were always pretty big (mostly thighs) but they are really shrinking down and I see them and don’t get that they are “mine””!!!

Aww :wub: Thank you, CJ!! My legs were pretty big prior to WLS. But they are much smaller now than they ever were before I gained my weight. I think my legs are still part of me that don’t look like “me”. I’ll post a side by side I did just the other day. The angle isn’t great in the before pic, but you’ll be able to tell.

55F78978-F177-4070-9539-F8C9B9253A90.jpeg

Feeling sassy today in a 6!

Capris size 6 (from a resale shop :)) and size medium top from a shirt I've had boxed up for a gazillion years. Nine dollar outfit! Yay! 

2099822821_sizesix.thumb.jpg.65403bbd18cda5db9a585343321899d2.jpg

And you look sassy too Cindy - I love the outfit!

45 minutes ago, Cindy Lou Who said:

Feeling sassy today in a 6!

Capris size 6 (from a resale shop :)) and size medium top from a shirt I've had boxed up for a gazillion years. Nine dollar outfit! Yay! 

2099822821_sizesix.thumb.jpg.65403bbd18cda5db9a585343321899d2.jpg

You are looking great!  And sassy to boot!  Only 6 pounds to goal!  

I'm wearing my sweet Doc Martens, too, but they didn't make it into the picture. Haha! 

42551283_424678848058984_3560696964066574336_n.jpg