GAviv

What Are You Wearing Today?

10 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

So, i went into hallmark yesterday (rarely do i go in) and there was a big section of 70% off clearance. They had clothes which i never look at bc they aren’t plus sizes. But i started looking. I saw an adorable dress for $60 then 70% off and i wanted it so badly. I tried it on (L-XL but it also said on the tag it was a 12-16 so a small l-xl). It swallowed me whole! I looked at the next size and it was S-M (8-10) 
“No way, Jose” i said as I continued to shop. But then something nagged me to try it (maybe it was Jose!). They don’t have dressing rooms so it would be over my clothes. And of course at the point of no return when it was over my head, the sales lady came along and I thought “I’d better not split this dress!”  It came down and fit! Whew!  I didn’t get it because once I realized the 8-10 fit ME (?!?!?!  Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that size would fit me!), but then my eyes were opened to a whole new concept and that clearance rack was my gold mine!!!  I ended up getting two shirts and one dress which were ridiculously overpriced but at 70% off it was ok.  I wore the tiny green dress today and got at least a million compliments from my $18 dress (honestly it is the first thing i have bought new since I lost weight...except underware! I have been getting everything at thrift shops.  This i splurged on bc it was a swing style dress and that was the smallest it came in so i know it will still fit next year).  I was at church and had my iPad with me but left my phone at home as i was programming my sous vide on it before i left and it was still sitting on my counter when i got home!)...so ignore the huge pink item in the picture!  But here is my new SMALL/MEDIUM size 8-10 dress!!! (It was sleeveless and I dragged along a white cardigan in case i got totally self conscious but i never put it on) it is much shorter than i am used to also....everyone could see my knees but I survived!

78432F1E-9290-42AE-9875-4E241897ADEE.jpeg

E9BE2190-2D30-4122-851C-CC760631326E.jpeg

99C1A0C5-1EBD-4931-B269-A0F1275826D4.jpeg

10 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

So, i went into hallmark yesterday (rarely do i go in) and there was a big section of 70% off clearance. They had clothes which i never look at bc they aren’t plus sizes. But i started looking. I saw an adorable dress for $60 then 70% off and i wanted it so badly. I tried it on (L-XL but it also said on the tag it was a 12-16 so a small l-xl). It swallowed me whole! I looked at the next size and it was S-M (8-10) 
“No way, Jose” i said as I continued to shop. But then something nagged me to try it (maybe it was Jose!). They don’t have dressing rooms so it would be over my clothes. And of course at the point of no return when it was over my head, the sales lady came along and I thought “I’d better not split this dress!”  It came down and fit! Whew!  I didn’t get it because once I realized the 8-10 fit ME (?!?!?!  Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that size would fit me!), but then my eyes were opened to a whole new concept and that clearance rack was my gold mine!!!  I ended up getting two shirts and one dress which were ridiculously overpriced but at 70% off it was ok.  I wore the tiny green dress today and got at least a million compliments from my $18 dress (honestly it is the first thing i have bought new since I lost weight...except underware! I have been getting everything at thrift shops.  This i splurged on bc it was a swing style dress and that was the smallest it came in so i know it will still fit next year).  I was at church and had my iPad with me but left my phone at home as i was programming my sous vide on it before i left and it was still sitting on my counter when i got home!)...so ignore the huge pink item in the picture!  But here is my new SMALL/MEDIUM size 8-10 dress!!! (It was sleeveless and I dragged along a white cardigan in case i got totally self conscious but i never put it on) it is much shorter than i am used to also....everyone could see my knees but I survived!

78432F1E-9290-42AE-9875-4E241897ADEE.jpeg

E9BE2190-2D30-4122-851C-CC760631326E.jpeg

99C1A0C5-1EBD-4931-B269-A0F1275826D4.jpeg

You look beautiful! 

On 8/18/2018 at 2:45 PM, Cardamom77 said:

but was pretty excited all the same :D 

I can see why you're so excited. You look so lovely!!!!!!! Thanks so much for sharing this! 

On 8/18/2018 at 8:15 PM, Cardamom77 said:

Not clothes, but hair. I’m probably going to color it, too. Probably a light pink, maybe lavender. Anyway, getting back to my punk rock roots. :) Oh and I used one of those makeup apps because I have some lovely 5 o’clock hormonal facial hair stubble. Lol! But that’s why my face looks a little cartoony.

LOVE the hair! What fun! And your pretty, pretty face with beautiful bone structure! Looking good!

On 8/18/2018 at 10:06 PM, kristinwitha_k said:

I went to Old Navy for a tank top, and walked out paying full price for this romper, but I couldn't help myself. I LURVE it.

SO cute! You are definitely rockin' that outfit! I too am impressed how great you look in horizontal stripes! NICE!

On 8/19/2018 at 12:53 PM, CheeringCJ said:

I wore the tiny green dress today and got at least a million compliments from my $18 dress (honestly it is the first thing i have bought new since I lost weight.

You look SO GREAT in this dress! SO TINY!! I can see why you got a gazillion compliments! You look very young as well! Thanks for sharing!