GAviv

What Are You Wearing Today?

@Cardamom77 you look really glamorous! 

17 hours ago, Cardamom77 said:

I need a selfie studio. Or maybe I just need to clean my house. I’m actually going to a launch party at my bariatric clinic tonight. They’re starting to offer new aesthetic procedures and they’re doing consults and demos and giving away prizes. Also having hors d’oeuvres and cocktails? Anyway, figured I’d throw something decent on after work. 

E3360080-7FA0-4AC2-8A61-EB5B20C16600.jpeg

You look fab! (Can I ask where the dress is from? Love it!)

On 8/5/2018 at 3:24 PM, Nana Trish said:

This is just a simple tank top, one that was given to me by my daughters BFF’s mother, who had WLS surgery a couple of years ago. There were a couple of other tops in the bag that also fit, but were too short for my taste. There were also 3 pairs of size 12 pants (one pair of jeans) and they were all too big. The jeans were not skinny jeans, and I was swimming in them. The waist, if it was a size 10 would have been good...but apparently if they aren’t either slim cut, or skinny jeans, I can’t wear them. Plus, I swear, they weighed as much as I do!! Anyway, here is the top :) 

59547163-5456-40FA-9533-5D62E670F334.jpeg

5E449C11-B21F-45E4-A2F4-7E4901549870.jpeg

9C1A930B-19A9-49CB-B9CA-D657B6CF1D7B.jpeg

@Nana Trish Stunning as always. I love that color on you. 

18 hours ago, Cardamom77 said:

I need a selfie studio. Or maybe I just need to clean my house. I’m actually going to a launch party at my bariatric clinic tonight. They’re starting to offer new aesthetic procedures and they’re doing consults and demos and giving away prizes. Also having hors d’oeuvres and cocktails? Anyway, figured I’d throw something decent on after work. 

E3360080-7FA0-4AC2-8A61-EB5B20C16600.jpeg

I’m dying over that dress! Girl, you are serving up looks! 

1 hour ago, nimiety said:

You look fab! (Can I ask where the dress is from? Love it!)

Thank you! I got it from a local thrift store for $3. It's Piko brand, though. It's bamboo fabric. Technically, it's a top, but I thought it was long enough to wear as a dress. :)

1 minute ago, Cardamom77 said:

Thank you! I got it from a local thrift store for $3. It's Piko brand, though. It's bamboo fabric. Technically, it's a top, but I thought it was long enough to wear as a dress. :)

A+ thrift find! Woman after my own heart. 

Size medium top. Yay! Size 8 skirt. Double yay! ...... First time arms are out sleeveless in YEARS. Eeeek! :) 267111047_file-9(003).thumb.jpeg.8196691a08709b6a5d10ce80eb698a2b.jpeg

Oh, and first time shirt is tucked in since 2015! hahaha!

36 minutes ago, Cindy Lou Who said:

Size medium top. Yay! Size 8 skirt. Double yay! ...... First time arms are out sleeveless in YEARS. Eeeek! :) 267111047_file-9(003).thumb.jpeg.8196691a08709b6a5d10ce80eb698a2b.jpeg

Tucked and sleeveless! Victory! You look great :) 

What a lovely summertime outfit - I love the floral. 

I love the outfit too and I envy you being able to go sleeveless AND you've got your top tucked in.

You're looking pretty classy if you don't mind me saying.

On 7/30/2018 at 8:55 PM, CheeringCJ said:

(before I read the post, I just quickly saw you wearing awesome jeans and saw what I thought to be HUGE jeans hanging up behind you like they were your befores and this was your afters!!! That would make for an awesome commercial for weight loss pills or something! haha!)

Buwhahahahahahaha!!! I thought the exact same thing about the jeans hanging up behind her.

5 hours ago, Readytobeme said:

Buwhahahahahahaha!!! I thought the exact same thing about the jeans hanging up behind her.

Those are two pairs of jeans hanging side by side next to each other, thank you very much! Although one of my old pairs of pants may indeed have looked like that...

10 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

Those are two pairs of jeans hanging side by side next to each other, thank you very much! Although one of my old pairs of pants may indeed have looked like that...

I realized that after a moment but at first I was like Holy Moly!!!  Then again it would have to be like a size 94 and you’re trying on a size 2 which is what made me think of a weight loss pill add where they show someone who has obviously ever been heavy and they pretend like they lost 100#! But then again, you’re the real life of that, you just look like you’ve always been skinny, so maybe they’re not all wrong!

On 8/15/2018 at 1:15 PM, Cindy Lou Who said:

Cindy Lou!!!  Amazing!  I don’t think I’ve ever seen you before. You’re lovely, and so small!  Amazing! Love that you can go sleeveless and tucked in! I’m not brave enough for the tuck yet and oddly I’ve worn sleeveless for years but NOW hat my arms flap I’m much more conscious so I’m the cardigan queen now 

Thanks all for the encouragement! It was way out of my comfort zone to post the pic as taking a picture of myself is definitely a brand new activity. I think that might have been my first "selfie" EVER! I might make myself do it again in a month or so as part of a self acceptance improvement? Probably need work in that area? 

I'm not usually dressed that girly, but I was going to a girl's birthday lunch. So why not! :) 

Thanks again! 

18 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

I’m not brave enough for the tuck yet and oddly I’ve worn sleeveless for years but NOW hat my arms flap I’m much more conscious so I’m the cardigan queen now 

You can totally pull off tucked and sleeveless, I've seen your pictures here! You're perfect!

I figure I'd much rather sport small and flappy than big and round! To be honest, I have to admit I'm definitely more comfortable in sleeves, but I've read from a WLS surgeon that extra skin should be a badge of honor. I like that. It took alot of work to deflate and I don't want something new to be ashamed of! So I say, I will flap on! :lol:

On 8/15/2018 at 1:15 PM, Cindy Lou Who said:

What a lovely outfit made even more beautiful by the smile! Fantastic look!

1 hour ago, Cindy Lou Who said:

You can totally pull off tucked and sleeveless, I've seen your pictures here! You're perfect!

I figure I'd much rather sport small and flappy than big and round! To be honest, I have to admit I'm definitely more comfortable in sleeves, but I've read from a WLS surgeon that extra skin should be a badge of honor. I like that. It took alot of work to deflate and I don't want something new to be ashamed of! So I say, I will flap on! :lol:

Wow! A badge of honor is not a way I would have thought about the excess. You have a wonderful body positive surgeon. Thanks for passing along that wisdom. 

I don’t think this is a flattering picture but eh. I’m wearing a size small Boden top and size 6 overalls. It’s a little silly but not surprising given my personality.  :D

81474910-A9FC-4DFA-9ABD-73F9081B160E.thumb.jpeg.8b09a1a6b1b28bfbc23381d9ac0f6010.jpeg

1 minute ago, NerdyToothpick said:

I don’t think this is a flattering picture but eh. I’m wearing a size small Boden top and size 6 overalls. It’s a little silly but not surprising given my personality.  :D

81474910-A9FC-4DFA-9ABD-73F9081B160E.thumb.jpeg.8b09a1a6b1b28bfbc23381d9ac0f6010.jpeg

Uh, super cute! I love the overalls on you! 

1 minute ago, Cardamom77 said:

Uh, super cute! I love the overalls on you! 

@Cardamom77 Thank you! I’m in the midsts of potty training, so the pockets come in handy for storing bribes. :D

4 minutes ago, NerdyToothpick said:

Lynda, you look great!  Being a little silly is good - why should kids have all the fun by being silly?

4 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

So cute!

5 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

Hey there cutie! You look like you’re having fun despite potty training :) 

Super cute!!!!