GAviv

What Are You Wearing Today?

Here's me at the pool today - on the way to the gym, though. The pool has actually gotten too hot - it just leaves me feeling heat-strokey now. It's above body temperature.

I'm wearing a Monsoon sweater in S, Benetton pleated chinos in size 40 (that's Italian for 36 European, 8 UK, or 4 US - man, I have to keep all those numbers straight in my head), and Aldo gold sandals. I'm working on a monochrome theme today - pinkish orange. Zero black. Not even shoes. This is a whole new world for me. I bought the same pants in green and orange, so I see a lot of colorful outfits in my future. 

Benetton was my dream clothing store when I was in high school. Sometimes I could squeeze into their stuff, but it usually looked bad, so I rarely bought any. Now I'm a grown-up old lady, and I can wear their stuff finally. High school wish fulfillment, here I come. Fortunately, the 80s are in.

IMG_1720.jpg.63080861eca77ef6d04f9a93aa9129be.jpg

5 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

Benetton was my dream clothing store when I was in high school. Sometimes I could squeeze into their stuff, but it usually looked bad, so I rarely bought any. Now I'm a grown-up old lady, and I can wear their stuff finally. High school wish fulfillment, here I come. Fortunately, the 80s are in.

Mine was J. Crew! I have already spent more money than I should be spending on clothes that won't fit for very long, simply because I CAN. :)

You look so cute! I love the monochrome. You look like a sunset. 

9 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

Here's me at the pool today - on the way to the gym, though. The pool has actually gotten too hot - it just leaves me feeling heat-strokey now. It's above body temperature.

I'm wearing a Monsoon sweater in S, Benetton pleated chinos in size 40 (that's Italian for 36 European, 8 UK, or 4 US - man, I have to keep all those numbers straight in my head), and Aldo gold sandals. I'm working on a monochrome theme today - pinkish orange. Zero black. Not even shoes. This is a whole new world for me. I bought the same pants in green and orange, so I see a lot of colorful outfits in my future. 

Love it!

I have GOT to get better lighting and a better mirror for this stuff. Here's what I'm calling my "questionable fashion choices" today. Haha! This skirt is great for biking, though! (I wore bike shorts underneath). Shirt is a Walmart t-shirt, skirt is something from the early 90's that I bought for $2 at a thrift store, and I decided that 90's fashion deserved some Doc Marten boots. 

IMG_2570.JPG

That’s a fun outfit @Cardamom77!  

On 7/1/2018 at 12:37 PM, CheeringCJ said:

I wore this bright ”sherbet” color dress to work the other day and got so many compliments.  I teamed it w/ a bright sweater/belt bc it was sleeveless.   I would have never worn it before (I sported more of the “hide in black style”!) but everyone loved it. I’m getting more comfortable with clothes the smaller they are 

8AB164FC-512F-417A-9CDD-0CAD988EB0FA.jpeg

I love this so much! Super cute! 

12 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

1IMG_1720.jpg.63080861eca77ef6d04f9a93aa9129be.jpg

I LOVE it!!  It is really great, i love the color and you look so lovely in it....and you don’t look like a “former fat person”..you have a flat stomach, you just look young and adorable! (And can I comment that you have a fantastic undergarment for the girls???) 

1 hour ago, Cardamom77 said:

I have GOT to get better lighting and a better mirror for this stuff. Here's what I'm calling my "questionable fashion choices" today. Haha! This skirt is great for biking, though! (I wore bike shorts underneath). Shirt is a Walmart t-shirt, skirt is something from the early 90's that I bought for $2 at a thrift store, and I decided that 90's fashion deserved some Doc Marten boots. 

1IMG_2570.JPG

You’re so spunky like i could never be! I am jealous that you can pull off such cool vibes! Looking awesome!

@Cardamom77......when did you lose 100#?????    Did i miss it?  You are AMAZING, girl!  Thought you were close but I didn’t know you hit it!  (And went passed it) and are SO close to your goal weight!  ROCK IT, girl! 

7 hours ago, kristinwitha_k said:

Mine was J. Crew! I have already spent more money than I should be spending on clothes that won't fit for very long, simply because I CAN. :)

You look so cute! I love the monochrome. You look like a sunset. 

She does looks like a lovely sunset!  

It’s good to see you around,   @kristinwitha_k! How are you doing?

13 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

You could wear anything at all and make it look good! Yuck on swimming in bath water though.

14 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

That is a great idea. I snack on cheessticks, almonds, 90 cal Greek yogurt, and gum. I know gum isn’t a food but sometimes I just need something in my mouth keeping my jaw busy and keeping my mouth moist so I can chew gum and avoid a snack altogether. 

Do you use a tracker on your phone ? I use MyFitnessPal (free version) and that helps me keep track of what works and what doesn’t. 

Yes. I use the MFP app.

@kristinwitha_k Thank you! Ah, J Crew is a good one, as well. I'll be doing a little shopping when I go home next week (no J Crew in the Middle East...). I've been working on stepping out of my fashion rut a bit, and monochrome is a pretty easy leap to take.

@CheeringCJ Thanks, CJ! Sometimes I see it, and sometimes I don't - I appreciate the compliments :) And undergarments for the girls is a much easier endeavor these days - the underwires are just not having to do as much work! ;) 

@Readytobeme :wub: thx! Yes, the joys of outdoor pools in places where it's over 100 nearly every day for 1/3 of the year. I'm going to try out the sea tomorrow and see how it goes. I expect much of the same...

6 hours ago, Cardamom77 said:

IMG_2570.JPG

You have got a lot of flair, mixed with some whimsy, and a good eye for shapes and colors. Your flounced midi skirt with tucked T and Docs is right on point at the moment #fashiongoals 

4 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

You have got a lot of flair, mixed with some whimsy, and a good eye for shapes and colors. Your flounced midi skirt with tucked T and Docs is right on point at the moment #fashiongoals 

Awww thanks! I dress like a 20 year old. Haha! I'm almost grateful that I don't have a lot of money for clothes. It forces me to be creative and resourceful with hand-me-downs and thrift store buys. 

11 hours ago, Cardamom77 said:

IMG_2570.JPG

Oh and I love how your bikey bike photo bombed you.....hahahaha! :D

1 hour ago, CheeringCJ said:

Oh and I love how your bikey bike photo bombed you.....hahahaha! :D

Haha! Yep - I was getting everything ready to ride to work. 

Yeah, I recently hit the 100# lost mark! I'm either 105# or 106# down, depending on the day. Haha! I've been bouncing up and down between 173 and 174 lbs for the past week, so I'm taking another look at my diet. But all in all it's going really well! 

Hi everybody. I’ve been away for awhile but always lurking. Just wanted to stop by and tell you all how fabulous you look! @Cardamom77- so funky!

@Jen581791- so classic and summery! 

@CheeringCJ-that tiny waist!

Looking good ladies!

On 7/12/2018 at 5:45 AM, Jen581791 said:

Perfect outfit! I love those pants and so smart to buy them in different colors. You look fantastic!

17 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

She does looks like a lovely sunset!  

It’s good to see you around,   @kristinwitha_k! How are you doing?

I'm doing great, thanks! I poke my head in every once in a while to comment where I think I might have something to add. Otherwise, been busy with house projects and travel and work stuff. Hit 100 pounds down since surgery very recently, which was fun! In yet another stall at the moment, which is less so. But at this point out, the stalls are just business as usual, eh? So funny how freaked out I used to get. 

On 7/12/2018 at 7:34 PM, Cardamom77 said:

IMG_2570.JPG

Oh my, @Cardamom77...you are TINY, girl!! I'm absolutely loving your outfit!! Being an '80's girl always and forever, believe it when I say you've got it going on!!

On 7/12/2018 at 8:45 AM, Jen581791 said:

Oh @Jen581791...breathtaking as usual!!! Loving it!!

And I'm loving the zero black too!! Something I have not achieved for myself just yet lol

Edited by Nana Trish

On 7/1/2018 at 1:37 PM, CheeringCJ said:

I wore this bright ”sherbet” color dress to work the other day and got so many compliments.  I teamed it w/ a bright sweater/belt bc it was sleeveless.   I would have never worn it before (I sported more of the “hide in black style”!) but everyone loved it. I’m getting more comfortable with clothes the smaller they are 

8AB164FC-512F-417A-9CDD-0CAD988EB0FA.jpeg

Just beautiful, @CheeringCJ!! Bright and sassy, just like you!!

This dress is WAY more form fitting than I've ever been used to wearing. I bought it for the Boston get together, but still not sure that I'll actually wear it, lol. Ignore the goofy face I'm making in the pic (hubby made me laugh, then snapped it). I don't know that I'll ever be comfortable in clothes that actually fit, but I'm truly working on it ❤️

IMG_0636.PNG

Edited by Nana Trish

I think you look wonderful. You sure have done well. Hope I can do as well as you.