GAviv

What Are You Wearing Today?

I could use some fashion advice please. I went shopping this weekend for a country club wedding March 3rd in Texas. 

Does this dress work? Groom first told me it was somewhat formal, then revised to cocktail attire. Nothing was noted on the invitation and the wedding is at 4. Another friend mentioned I could dress it up with jewelry, is it too casual?

This dress is a 16. I pulled multiple 22's before my friend convinced me to leave the plus size section...I wore a size 13 in 6th grade. And it has pockets! The shoes are navy.

IMG_20180217_123145.jpg

Attach34754_20180218_153139.jpg

I would think this outfit would work well. I would be dressing it up with appropriate jewellery though. Shouldn't take much to lift it up a level of formality. Good choice in my opinion as it will also serve casual very nicely.

I'll play along.  Here is today's outfit! 

OOTD.thumb.jpg.f0f2fd96d9a94c14f9e55206a324bbce.jpg

You look great, @xmandy!  I love that top!  :) 

(I'm wearing a fairly thick layer of cat & dog hair over an old purple t-shirt with a pair of fleece pants that are five inches or so too long for my legs and only intermittently rolled up, and no makeup.  So I will NOT be sharing any fashion photos today!!!)

5 hours ago, xmandy said:

Looks great!  Welcome to Onederland!

Lady, you look fabulous! :D

On 2/19/2018 at 6:08 AM, KMFL28 said:

I could use some fashion advice please. I went shopping this weekend for a country club wedding March 3rd in Texas. 

Does this dress work? Groom first told me it was somewhat formal, then revised to cocktail attire. Nothing was noted on the invitation and the wedding is at 4. Another friend mentioned I could dress it up with jewelry, is it too casual?

This dress is a 16. I pulled multiple 22's before my friend convinced me to leave the plus size section...I wore a size 13 in 6th grade. And it has pockets! The shoes are navy.

IMG_20180217_123145.jpg

I missed this when it was posted! It's a beautiful dress. I think the dark bright jewel tones of the flowers make it cheerful for an afternoon wedding but still relatively formal, and the black can be either dressed up or down in terms of formality. Since the date is this weekend, you may not have time for shopping, but if you do or if you have something in your jewelry box already, a big, bold statement necklace (silver or gold, or something that pulls out one color in the skirt) plus bold earrings or bracelet (but probably not both) would pull it together very nicely :) 

Edited by Jen581791

@xmandy You look great, and congrats on Onederland :) 

I think the color of the pants works very nicely with the blouse. Fluttery, ruffly blouses are the thing right now. I seem to be seeing them everywhere - it's a nice feminine style. 

On February 28, 2018 at 4:35 PM, Kio said:

You look great, @xmandy!  I love that top!  :) 

(I'm wearing a fairly thick layer of cat & dog hair over an old purple t-shirt with a pair of fleece pants that are five inches or so too long for my legs and only intermittently rolled up, and no makeup.  So I will NOT be sharing any fashion photos today!!!)

Omg @Kio...you are SO my fashion twin!!! :D Mine is usually the cat hair, the too big clothes and no makeup, but the addition of baby snot or slimy Cheerios on my shirt makes the outfit complete!! HAHAHA 

On February 28, 2018 at 2:30 PM, xmandy said:

I love your outfit!! You look beautiful ♥️ I want that top!!

On February 18, 2018 at 9:08 PM, KMFL28 said:

IMG_20180217_123145.jpg

That dress is gorgeous!! I'm so glad your friend talked you into leaving the plus size section ♥️

I did find some jewelry and had a blast in Texas.

IMG_20180303_152342_1.jpg

IMG_20180304_210758.jpg

IMG_20180305_214137.jpg

1 hour ago, KMFL28 said:

IMG_20180304_210758.jpg

IMG_20180305_214137.jpg

Remember the Alamo!!!

You look beautiful, and I hope you had a lovely time. The necklace and earrings make the outfit nice and polished. And the lipstick works with the skirt colors :) 

I wish I had nice thick hair like yours... 

5 minutes ago, Jen581791 said:

I wish I had nice thick hair like yours... 

Ditto. So much envy.

You look so lovely @KMFL28! The shape of that dress is really flattering on you. (I hate the word 'flattering' but can't come up with anything better. Main point: you look amazing. :) )

6 hours ago, KMFL28 said:

IMG_20180304_210758.jpg

IMG_20180305_214137.jpg

You look stunning!

Oh, and your hair! How I envy your hair!!

Edited by NerdyToothpick

On 2/28/2018 at 2:30 PM, xmandy said:

You look lovely @xmandy! Your stats are super impressive. :)

On 3/1/2018 at 7:34 PM, Nana Trish said:

Omg @Kio...you are SO my fashion twin!!! :D Mine is usually the cat hair, the too big clothes and no makeup, but the addition of baby snot or slimy Cheerios on my shirt makes the outfit complete!! HAHAHA 

@Kio @Nana Trish Do either of you remember that show, “What Not To Wear”?  I would be a strong candidate rn. Messy hair, sports bra that send my breasts in different directions, too big pants and I suspect a bit of cat or Toddler poo. It’s always cat or toddler poo in my house, which is why everyone who sees me says...giphy.gif

Joke’s on them, because I don’t eat in restaurants anymore. :P

27 minutes ago, NerdyToothpick said:

@Kio @Nana Trish Do either of you remember that show, “What Not To Wear”?  I would be a strong candidate rn. Messy hair, sports bra that send my breasts in different directions, too big pants and I suspect a bit of cat or Toddler poo. It’s always cat or toddler poo in my house, which is why everyone who sees me says...giphy.gif

Joke’s on them, because I don’t eat in restaurants anymore. :P

Hahahahaha @NerdyToothpick!!! :lol: You're so funny! 

I think I remember that show...not clearly though. I think most of the "everyday us's" would be strong candidates for the show though, lol...especially having to chase toddlers around :) 

Edited by Nana Trish

7 hours ago, KMFL28 said:

IMG_20180304_210758.jpg

IMG_20180305_214137.jpg

Oh my...stunning ❤️❤️❤️ Excellent choices for the jewelry and makeup!! You look so happy and dressy and just fantastic :) And the venue looks really amazing...I hope you had a great time!!

Thanks for the hair compliments! It took it's sweet time growing back in after surgery. I rarely curl it (might have a slight burn on my forehead from this attempt) but it was fun to get sassed up with big Texas sized hair!

I miss Greer. Happy St Patrick's Day! Love being able to fit in a $5 t-shirt.

Snapchat-1156225234.jpg

Adorable shirt, @KMFL28!

11 hours ago, KMFL28 said:

I miss Greer. Happy St Patrick's Day! Love being able to fit in a $5 t-shirt.

Snapchat-1156225234.jpg

A nsv!  Looking good!

So, not TODAY, but Monday, when I went to a meeting in New Hampshire.  I was super stressed out by Leah being sick and whiny all weekend, so instead of stress-eating per my old-usual, I went out and splurged on a new dress!  (Also - bonus cat!)

IMG_0513.thumb.JPG.8ff728affc3e2264c1983f24618e0c8c.JPG

2 minutes ago, Kio said:

So, not TODAY, but Monday, when I went to a meeting in New Hampshire.  I was super stressed out by Leah being sick and whiny all weekend, so instead of stress-eating per my old-usual, I went out and splurged on a new dress!  (Also - bonus cat!)

IMG_0513.thumb.JPG.8ff728affc3e2264c1983f24618e0c8c.JPG

So cute!! You look great. :) (Hi bonus kitty! I would pet you if you let me!)