mrsdonjuan

July 21st. Sorry I had to VENT here! it just came out.

Hey everyone, I really hate to post my new surgery date because my clinic has change 4 times and its seemed like every time I tell someone they would change it again or postpone my date but now it only about 4 1/2 weeks away so hopefully they want change it again. I have 4 appt. before my surgery not for testing I did that all in May when I had my date for May. Appointments are as follow: July 9th Nurse Practitioner & NUT (for God knows what) July 10th (the NUT class for the fourth time) July 17th Surgeon, and the 18th pre-admissions to the hospital and then last but not least surgery July 21, 2014. :angry:  :(  :unsure:  :mad:  :o  :confused:  :)  :huh: < yes I do have all of these emotions. If you read my previous post you will see I've been through a lot to have this surgery, I have been approved since Sept. or Oct. 2013 had lap-band remove Nov 6 woke up with RNY because there was too much scar tissue, and half of the people on here that started this journey with me has lost hundreds of pound and I'm still at pre-op.

Oh no.  That all sounds so frustrating.  Can you tell me what RNY is?  What happened with your lap band?  The lap band kind of scares me despite all the success people have had with it.

Oh no.  That all sounds so frustrating.  Can you tell me what RNY is?  What happened with your lap band?  The lap band kind of scares me despite all the success people have had with it.

Sorry it took me so long to reply, but RNY is Roux-en- Y a medical term gastric bypass. And with my lap band I wasn't losing any more weight so I went into my clinic to get a fill and we discovered my band had slipped so at that time I decided to have the RNY gastric bypass Nov. 6th but there was too much scare tissue and the band itself had fused to my liver so my surgeon decided take the band out and have me to wait at least 6 months before she did the RNY so here I am. I'm actually over my six months because I gain 20lbs after my band came out and they wanted me to lose that first.

Good luck and I hope this is your final date and you get your surgery.

Best of luck! Things will fall into place.

Good luck!

Sorry for the hold up. I hope all turns out well.

I'm also on July 21st.  Crossing my fingers that it goes well for you!

Hey everyone! My date is July 21st. Can't wait. Currently on my Pre Op diet. 3 protein shakes a day and then a nice bowl of soup for supper. Getting use to taking the multi vitamins as well.

Thanks you guys!!!!!! HUGS

Hey everyone! My date is July 21st. Can't wait. Currently on my Pre Op diet. 3 protein shakes a day and then a nice bowl of soup for supper. Getting use to taking the multi vitamins as well.

Best wishes to you. I had a sleeve and I don't regret it for one minute. Week 1 postop is a little rough but hang tough. If you have nausea, get a prescription from your doctor so you can get your fluids in. Don't rush trying to do too much. Listen to your body. Rest when you need to. Post here if you have questions or if you need support.

Post on the post op vertical sleeve and that means you will be on the losers bench.

Sip, sip, sip

Walk, walk, walk

The more you walk, the better you will feel.