wendysal

Optifast Pre-op (Weight dropping)

I am on day 6 of my optifast pre-op diet and just weighed in.  I am 6 kilograms / 1 stone / 14 lbs DOWN!!  I'm in shock. First time anything diet-like has worked for me in my life! If it wasn't for the Optitrotts I might have considered canning the surgery and just continuing with optifast.

Is everyone else dropping weight rapidly pre-op.

I lost 20 lbs in the two weeks before surgery

Please tell me how you guys cope up with 2 weeks liquid diet. It's my first day today and I'm hungry

I cried. Frequently.

I was told i could have ALL of the sugar free jello I wanted if I was hungry.

I dont think I will EVER eat jello again. 

LOL I already had 2 jellos and I dont feel like eating a third. I think I'll feel better once I start sipping a clear broth

It isnt forever. Just keep telling yourself that

5 years later......

ladies- that liquid diet and misery you are feeling right now WILL be worth it! head up, chin out and smile! Life is going to be great soon!
good luck
xoxox

I am on day 8 of pre-op diet. I just started the clear liquids today. I've only lost 6 lbs. How is everyone loosing so much weight during this time?

The point of the pre-op is to shrink the liver which makes it safer for surgery - not to lose weight.  The weightloss that accompanies it is just a bonus.  Since I had to do 14 days liquid diet and I only lost 13lbs total (and I was even 400lbs) I think your loss sounds pretty darn awesome.

Thank you Jolls. That makes me feel a lot better. I was worried the doctor wouldn't think I had lost enough for the surgery. Congratulations on your weight loss. :)