erint2014

July 8th!

It's going to be here before I know it!  I am SO excited to begin this journey!

Me too! I'm starting to get nervous even though it's over a month away. I'm July 29th. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Ha Ha!

Congratulations!

I'm right there with you. Mine's July 9th. Is this really happening????

July 2nd! I am so excited to get this done! I keep worrying that something crazy is going to happen and the surgery will fall threw (I tend to be a bit pessimistic at times... obviously). Today is day one of my full liquid diet and it has been pretty good. In the homestretch now!!!

Y'all are gonna be loving life in a few months. :D

I'm right there with you too, erin.  My surgery is July 8 also.  Only 5 days to go!!!!!!

Edited by GadgetGirl

I'm July 8th also!!! This time tomorrow morning we will be preparing for surgery! Wahoo!!! I'm so ready!

Tomorrow can't come soon enough!   :D 

So how are my July 8th people?! Any struggles?

My surgery went well.  I came home yesterday.  A bit painful right now, but it's getting better.  Drinking water is tough!  I feel like I'm swallowing air when I drink, even though I'm sipping slowly directly from the bottle (no straw) and it's uncomfortable.  Tomorrow I start shakes, hope they go down OK!

My surgery went well.  I came home yesterday.  A bit painful right now, but it's getting better.  Drinking water is tough!  I feel like I'm swallowing air when I drink, even though I'm sipping slowly directly from the bottle (no straw) and it's uncomfortable.  Tomorrow I start shakes, hope they go down OK!

Straws are fine, I've never heard anyone say otherwise except bariatric program people. Do the best you can, every program knows you can't hit the target goals. Ask them directly, it took a load off my mind when they admitted this!

It's a bit easier today, so I think I can come closer! I can even drink shakes without nausea.  I have a call into the nurse about what to do with my clear bandages (take them off or leave them on) so I will ask her about goals also when she calls back.

It just occurred to me that I got out of the Navy on July 8th -- 44 years ago!  Scary how tempus fugit!

My dad is a navy vet 74-78