mrsmayf2013

Heart flutters/racing

Over the past 4 days I have been having heart palpatations and my heart kinda starts beating harder and faster.  I get a little winded when it happens and sometimes get dizzy if I start to stand up or if I am bent over when it does it.  I have a dr appointment for in the morning, but on the phone the dr said they would rather I go to the ER tonight just in case.  Has anyone else experienced these symptoms?  Do you think it is indeed a good idea to go to the hospital or wait til 9 am to see my dr? Im not having chest pains or anything, just annoying flutters and such.  

I haven't experienced this one, but I wish you a speedy recovery from whatever it is that is ailing you!

Anything with the heart should be taken seriously.

Go to the er if it happens .that way an EKG can be done while it is going on, making the diagnosis easier.

Sorry to be late with this but when it comes to heart related issues, it'd be ER for me.  

I hope you went to the ER!

I had a similar  experience, but it took years for it to become bad enough to show on the ekg. Mine turned out to be Atrial Fibrillation. I have been on medications for years now and no real problems. It is dangerous to ignore, so see your doctor, soon!  Good luck!

How's your potassium and magnesium intake?  When my potassium gets low, I get those, too.  I get them more often than I'd like and it feels weird.  Drinking a lot of water will deplete our potassium, so drinking G2 or taking supplements helps.  Check your multi and see how much it has in it, versus what the Recommended Daily is.

Gracious--not to be smart-mouthed, but I hope you listened to your doctor and went to the ER. Why bother with lay people on a forum who have vast experience, but are not medical professionals, when your doctor even suggests the ER? I don't get it. I'd have been in the car.

GO TO THE ER. don't take any chances..

What did the doctor say?  My second guess was low blood pressure.  Hope it wasn't serious.  Please let us know.

They ran tests, did EKG and did a full blood work.  Will get results this week.  She is thinking a possibility of several things PVC PAC blood pressure dropping too low when I first stand up which would not explain why it does it when I am sitting down doing nothing.  She is worried because I drove 9 hours the day it started with only stopping twice.  So she did a test for blood clots, if it comes back positive then I will see someone else, if it is negative then that rules out clots.  I will also be seeing a cardiologist where they will put me on a heart monitor for a day or week and see if they can see whats going on.