FinallyImFirst

How long do you wait between bites of food?

I've been doing well with chewing 25-30 times when I eat, but how long do you wait between bites? I've been experimenting with the time clock on my phone and a 2 minute countdown. What is your "bite interval"? I'm just curious.

Struggling with slowing down. Hope I get it soon!

Well I am still mainly liquid but I was told to set down my fork or spoon between bites, count the ABCs while chewing, then pick the fork or spoon back up. 

Well I am still mainly liquid but I was told to set down my fork or spoon between bites, count the ABCs while chewing, then pick the fork or spoon back up. 

That is a great suggestion!

I used my iPhone in the beginning too with a 2 min countdown inbetween.  Now I wait about a minute between each bite and no need for a stopwatch anymore, kind of becomes second nature......if I'm thinking about it.  The times were I'm distracted while eating - sometimes it is scarey how fast I can still eat!  (and then pay the price for via angry sleeve)

Thanks guys. I was trying to think of a way when I'm not alone. The stopwatch creates questions :-) I think I'm going to try the ABC song. Will let you know how it works out. I hope it makes my sleeve happy :-)

I just make sure to put down the utensil and completely chew and swallow before I think about picking it back up. 

Lately I've been taking a real long time between bites, like seven or eight minutes or more. I find when I take a bite, or gulp of fluid, it satisfies my hunger for a while. Then, when I get hungry again, I take another bite or gulp. So it would probably mean I'm eating for much of the day, but with greater spaces between each bite or gulp. So in this case I have to eat/drink while I do other things.

59 minutes ago, Greg Dahlen said:

Lately I've been taking a real long time between bites, like seven or eight minutes or more. I find when I take a bite, or gulp of fluid, it satisfies my hunger for a while. Then, when I get hungry again, I take another bite or gulp. So it would probably mean I'm eating for much of the day, but with greater spaces between each bite or gulp. So in this case I have to eat/drink while I do other things.

Welcome to Thinner Times Greg.

You haven't posted your stats or how long ago you have your WLS (I'm assuming you had a VSG).  Tell us more.