lennonforever

I am beyond SICK OF THESE PILLS!

War dog, calcium is best absorbed when taken with food.

Yes I mix it with food always

I found that the vitamins made me sick too - even the chewable ones.  I have finally started taking the Gummy ones and they work great.  They aren't dry like the chewables so I don't have to gag them down.  I just chew chew chew - they taste great and my last blood work was all good.  I take calcium, iron, multi, and B-complex 

Not all programs allow gummies. So please check with your surgeon/program if it is okay to take gummies.

I have taken fiber gummies from the beginning with no issues. Really makes a difference. I also like the kids chewables test I take...they're dinosaurs :)

Lennonforever I am going thru the same problem looking for a gummy multi vitamin 

I did switch from Caltrate 600+D3 chewable to spring valley adult gummy 500mg+D3.... I thought it said citrate ..... never mind... they tasted so good too sigh! 

Well hopefully PaticiaAnn will share what she takes

I had the same problem with pill forms but found that chewables or gummies work great (especially the gummies) - I take them throughout the day (iron and calcium shouldn't be taken together) and I have no problems 

PatriciaAnn WHAT kind of gummy's??? please

PatriciaAnn WHAT kind of gummy's??? please

Vitafusion for the multi and B-complex - I first found them on Amazon but have since found them in the grocery store's vitamin section.  I'll let you know about the Iron and Calcium when I get home - I just can't remember at the moment - just looked at the other vitamins and they all are Vitafusion except for the iron with is Bariatric Advantage (this one is more like a sweet tart than a gummy but doesn't gag me)

Edited by PatriciaAnn

I buy these at an online bariatric site.  I love the chocolate, caramel, and raspberry.  And as I said in another post, when I get tired of any one flavor, I start combining them -- raspberry chocolate or raspberry caramel together.  They're very good!

I like to keep things as simple as possible......My go to items are ProCare Healths bariatric vitamin.   It has a good citrus taste that doesn't linger like some other chewables, you only need to take 1 chewable a day, and it is very small too. It dissolves very fast when I take it, and they even tell you you can swallow if you prefer.  It works for me and I like the price compared to some others I have tried or looked into. (1 month 11.99) They have this in a capsule form now too...haven't tried that yet but I plan to try it when I get low.  My doctor gave samples of their product out and blood work has come back great....so I am sticking with the simple route!  :lol:

For my calcium I do the UpcalD packets like others have mentioned. The powder by itself reminds me of a less sweetened pixy stick. I used to mix in things ( yogurt, shakes, applesauce, salad dressing etc) but then someone in my support group said they just empty on their tongue and take a swig of water.  Tried that and was surprised it wasn't awful!  Now that is my go to way to stay on track while I am out and about.    

Lot of good suggestions in this feed too look into.  Nice to know when I am in a bind that there are items other people use that I can grab from local convenient  places! 

I was instructed to take one flintstone vitamin a day and one 1000mg b12 once a week

I take chewables and gummy (doctor approved). I take the iron first thing, the B-Complex and multi mid-morning and calcium mid-afternoon  - regular pills made me sick too and some of the chewables made me gag - but as others have said - they are with us for life!

Gadget, these are $19 on Amazon and I get them for $12 on bariatricchoice.com.

I didn't read all the replies yet but have u tried liquid? In the morning I take moringa liquid, liquid b12, and liquid iron. Lunchtime I take liquid multivitamin, evening I take liquid magnesium and benefiber. Then in the middle of the night, I eat a calcium chew. So the only pills I take are hair, skin, and nails.

I forgot, I also take a liquid probiotic.

To be honest, I just have a habit of taking the pills.  I fail to understand why its a problem.  They can be intimidating but if you just make it a habit, they go dow easy.

I take half in the morning and half in the evening.  It takes 30 seconds and i normally take them with a protein shake or V8.

Your future health depends on it.

Edited by Aviator

Mmmmmmm v8

I have taken fiber gummies from the beginning with no issues. Really makes a difference. I also like the kids chewables test I take...they're dinosaurs :)

Ahh...I never thought of fiber gummies! Great idea, thanks :)

I too take children's chewables...so does my NUT!

To be honest, I just have a habit of taking the pills.  I fail to understand why its a problem.  They can be intimidating but if you just make it a habit, they go dow easy.

I take half in the morning and half in the evening.  It takes 30 seconds and i normally take them with a protein shake or V8.

Your future health depends on it.

I can take anything even if it tastes gross. I fully intend to chew my Claratin and whatever else if doc lets me too. I will take what it takes even if it tastes gross. I don't like super sweet stuff and I kind of wish more of the vitamins were not so 'fakey sweet' tasting and more just ....blah.  Even chalky if necessary but they are so overly sweet/artificially sweet. 

I really would love to find a way to take LESS in actual NUMBER of pills even if they taste nasty. 

My hope is that I can tolerate the 500Calc/500D3 vs the 250's well so I can take less of those daily. I kind of wish I could just take my darned iron with my calcium but not supposed to. 

I would be totally fine with taking a hand full of nasty ones if I could get it over with in one shot. 

I can take anything even if it tastes gross. I fully intend to chew my Claratin and whatever else if doc lets me too. I will take what it takes even if it tastes gross. I don't like super sweet stuff and I kind of wish more of the vitamins were not so 'fakey sweet' tasting and more just ....blah.  Even chalky if necessary but they are so overly sweet/artificially sweet. 

I really would love to find a way to take LESS in actual NUMBER of pills even if they taste nasty. 

My hope is that I can tolerate the 500Calc/500D3 vs the 250's well so I can take less of those daily. I kind of wish I could just take my darned iron with my calcium but not supposed to. 

I would be totally fine with taking a hand full of nasty ones if I could get it over with in one shot.

I  would look into the vitamin I take-- It is a very simple daily routine-- ( ProCare Health-Bariatric One A Day)    I do 1 chewable  multi-vitamin in the morning, 3 Upcal calcium packets through out the day and then just pack in the protein.  Some of the lists of things people take would make my eyes cross if I had to plan that out all day!   More power to them for keeping it straight and getting the required nutrients--I'm just a simple sorta girl! I have sent lots of people their way when we discuss supplements at my support group meetings. My Nut recommended them and gave me a sample before my surgery.   It is worth a shot to call them because they offer a free sample- so for free you can try and see if it works for you!  

I have to take many, many pills a day. As far as vitamins--I get those in gummies and the calcium in the carmels. That way they are more like a treat. They do add calories to your daily food intake so make sure you record the calories.  Donna