karvette

3 weeks post op (lap band)

I haven't had any complications at this point. The main incision where the band was placed is the last of them to heal. I'm more active. I'm eating solids as of yesterday. Taking my liquid vitamin and trying to get in as much water as possible.

SW: 335

CW: 302

GW: 285 (1st GW by 6/30)

Will update again in about 2 weeks.

It sounds like your doing good. I hope every thing goes well for you.

Well done. I am having mine in a little over a week, and its good to hear how others are doing.  I have chewable vitamins to take that the NUT suggested.

Thanks everyone!

I started solids about 2 weeks ago. Weight loss slowed down tremendously. My band fill was scheduled for 6/10 but I was unable to have it done. I have too much scar tissue. A more sophisticated xray machine is required. I'm going back on 6/17. Praying that all will work out.

I was cleared to work out. I've worked out twice and burned a ton of calories. My plan is to kick it up a notch.

As of 6/13, I weigh 299. Total weight loss is 36 lbs. I'd like to see at least 295 by 6/21. My surgeon says that he'd like to see me at 286 by 7/10. I guess I put too much pressure on myself to be down to 285 by 6/30. I have a print out with all the milestones I should reach and that's what I will focus on.

Will update again later in the month.

The chewable vitamins are an excellent way to stay on top of your nutrients. I love them.

Hi im 3 days post op and in lots of pain with wind in my shoulder under my diaphragm and everytime I take a drink I get a massive urge to burp but cant then I end up in more pain is this norm x

Hey Lisa, that's VERY normal. My surgeon prepared me for that. It's common because your stomach is inflated with gas for the procedure. Get some Gas-X strips to help alleviate some of the discomfort. It should go away in the next few days. And congrats on your surgery!

Thankyouuu x

You're welcome!

You absolutely CAN!

My best advice, as I still struggle with this, don't be a slave to the scale.

There are going to be months where the numbers don’t move much, but that doesn’t mean you aren’t making progress!

Notice the small things, the pants that are getting too baggy, the XXL clothing that no longer comes close to fitting, the way you feel each morning and after every workout.

Today is my 1 year anniversary, and while I really wanted to be down 100 pounds, I only made it to 90.  But seriously, only made it to 90! LOL What a thing to complain about!

I have come father than I ever imagined! Taking 2 advanced Pilates classes every week, cycling every chance I get...and really trying to learn not to be so hard on myself.

Good luck on your journey! May you too feel this blessed on your 1 year anniversary!