Lizzyloo

Protonix...acid issues?

Hi All...

I am a bit over 5 months post op.  My doc put me on protonix to help with the lack of acid production and I was supposed to be on in only for the first three months after surgery.  Four days after stopping the meds, I felt very, very ill.  The doc said it was from the acid and that I needed to go on protonix again.  Has this happened to anyone out there?  Is it possible to need to be on the protonix for life or will things adjust?

It hasn't happened to me. I'm only a little over a month out and I need to take Protonix for six months to avoid acid and ulcer issues. It's supposed to also help heal the erosion that was done with my GERD pre surgery.

I'm almost 8 years out and still take acid reflux meds :(  

I'm 10 years out and take a daily PPI....I've had 2 upper GI bleeds and it's suppose to reduce the risk.

If I forget to take mine my stomach will start to hurt. I am 8 weeks out.

I'm still taking Pantoprozole, and am supposed to until 6-months post op.  I was on Omniprozole before surgery for acid reflux, but hope to not have to take that when I'm off of my current med. 

I was on omeprazole for one month after surgery. Then off for two but the reflux came back so I'm on it again. Kind of funny since the reflux was the reason I went to the Dr in the first place but weight was my major issue