Shebasmom

Any RNY to Distal revisions here?

I had my RNY done almost 3 years ago. I lost weight very slowly (max was 12 lbs a month X3, then decreasing) I stopped losing weight at 18 months and began to gain weight after 2 years. I have a low resting heart rate (42-45) and was seen by a Cardiologist and Endocrinologist. All test and procedures didn't show any issues. It was assumed that my metabolism was affected by many years of yo-yo dieting. 

Now, I'm 15 lbs above lowest weight, trying to keep my calories around 1600-1700. I am hungry all the time, just like I was after my yo-yo dieting. I am seeking a revision to distal rny since my issue is metabolism related.(increased activity/exercise hasn't help) I also have GERD, so a revision to DS would worsen that.

I had my original surgery at Duke and would especially love to hear input from those who had their distal revisions there. I feel my pouch still has restricition, I am full on 8-10 oz food. I would like to have part of the reminent stomach, where the gretlin hormone is produced removed. Also what common channel length do you have? I want enough length to give me the weight loss and maintenance, but not have severe nutritional problems. 

Thank you in advance for any input.

I have not been revised.  My bypass was 150 cms.

The only issues I've had have been with vitamin D and iron but they're managed with additional supplements over and above the recommended 200% RDA vitamins and minerals.

I don't know if these might be of help:

Revision from RNY to ERNY

Has a revision from RNY to distal turned you into the human whoopie cushion?

Distal vs Proximal RNY

thank you for the links. I hope to get some responses too

Edited by Shebasmom

Any new topics or progress on this subject? 

none SunshineKaye. I was hoping to get some feedback.  I even sent messages to 2 people that had the distal revision, but no replies.  This forum isn't very active, so I may move on.  I was wondering what kind of revision you had? 

Sheba:

I private messaged you a lengthy answer to what I have found.