kindred71

Surgery was NOT successful.... :(

So sorry to hear about your curveball, but luckily they took your appendix out.  My appendix was also not where it was supposed to be and was located under my ribcage during a different surgery. I have a huge scar because they had to keep opening me up to get to it (this was back in 1992) and was told the same thing - we took it because if you ever had an attack we wouldn't realize it because of where it is located.

As for the WLS, be patient and everything will be okay. Your surgeon knows what you like inside and is confident that you are a candidate for the sleeve. Feel fortunate! A lot of people who had the GBS several years ago wish that they could have had the sleeve due to a lot less issues with taking meds, malabsorption, etc.  So this may be the best thing ever for you!  :)

I am a big believer that everything happens for a reason. It must have been devastating after all the mental preparations. I hope your journey to health is smooth from here out.

I am sorry you didn't get the bypass but the sleeve maybe a better option for you in the long run. I know your Doc and But will get you what you need to be successful. Dont worry it will take a little time so just heal and feel better.

I have to believe AKA meant NUT. Do not...I repeat DO NOT trust your but to get you what you need to be successful! *chuckles* sorry, I just could not help myself!

Thank you everyone for your kind words and support.  You are right, this was a blessing in disguise.  If I ever had an appendicitus, they would never have known where to look for it!

I met with my surgeon today and we decided together that the sleeve is the best option for me.  She doesn't do them as often as the Gastric Bypass surgery because she's very particular who she operates on for this surgery.  I trust her and I know how careful she will be when she operates on me!  She treats us sleevers very, very carefully!

I'm over the shock of the unsuccessful GP but completely understand why she didn't do it.  There just would have been too much tension on the small intestine and that would lead to more problems.  I saw some REALLY cool pictures of my liver and stomach too!!

Sooooo.....the good news is I am tentatively scheduled for June 17!  They still have to get insurance approval, but they do not think there will be any issues with it.  I will only have to do my blood and EKG again, nothing else!  yay!  

I feel very confident and comfortable with this decision.  I've been reading a lot of posts from sleevers and doing all kinds of research on them.  I know this is the right thing for me...especially since GB isn't an option anymore!

Thank you again!  I appreciate every one of you!

Most excellent! I am excited for you, and I know you will not regret this route. I will be right here with you :)  We can be sleeve buddies! :D

thinking of you adn wishing you the best...rooting for you!

How did your surgery go?  How do you feel?

I'm doing ok!  Still have some pain in my abdomen and one of my incisions is infected, but overall I'm doing well.  The protein and fluids are a struggle to get everything ingested.  I'm still on Stage 1 diet as my hiatal hernia recovery was causing lots of pain.

I'm very thankful my surgeon was able to do this surgery since Gastric Bypass was not an option.  She rarely does them and I'm very happy with the way it turned out!

Great news! Glad you are on the other side of the surgery. Hopefully each day will improve, even if just a little. Jen

Thats wonderful news!  So glad you've got all this behind you now and can focus on your life ahead!

Welcome to the Loser's Bench kindred. There are a lot of sleevesters on TT. Please let us know if you need anything or have questions. Best of luck with your new life.