so I just finished a 4 day liquid diet. protien shakes, sf Popsicles, clear chicken broth, lots of water... I am 3 years out but trying to kick start weight loss again. unsure where to go next. should I start adding soups? what soups are good to buy? is tomato okay? I've thought about maybe adding fat free beans, eggs, maybe making a chicken salad. I feel lost. it's been a very long time since I've been back to basics.

Take a look at the 5-Day Pouch Test.

I think you could start on the "Day 3: Soft Protein".

Reading here, most people have success by cutting back carbohydrates and increasing protein.

I tried jus dieting cutting out carbs and lots of protien and was still gaining weight. it's like a fast moving train and It won't stop. I was at 165 for a year and didn't budge up or down. now it seems no matter what I do it's creeping on.

Try high, high lean protein and non-starchy veggies, and no sugar and make sure you're getting your water.  That was my pre- op diet and I lost almost 15 lbs. in two weeks before surgery.