MrsB

I look like a grandma

I had my six youngest (ages 8 to 1) at the store and got asked if I was their grandma. I'm so bummed. Seriously, my mood just tanked right there in the store. I'm 36, had my first at 20 and my last at 35. I know I look old, but sheesh.

I went right for the chips that I bought the kids.:(

Step away from the chips! Sounds like mama deserves a makeover. Treat yourself to some pampering, you've clearly been working too hard and deserve a real (non-edible!) treat :)

Treat yourself to a haircut, an age appropriate outfit and a makeover at a nice department store cosmetics counter.  Tell 'em what happened.  They'll show you make up tips to help.

Some people are just stupid morons.  My brother was born when I was 11 and some old woman asked how old I was, then berated me for having a baby when I was still a baby myself.  Some people are just completely clueless.

I'm not much older than you, and a teacher at my son's preschool referred to me as 'grandma'.  When I corrected her and explained that I was 39, she defended herself by saying, "Well, you COULD be his grandma."  Ummm...not a great comeback, sweetie.

I've noticed that growing out my hair, ALWAYS making sure it's colored, and buying new age and weight appropriate clothes has been a huge boost to my appearance.

I had a neighbor that was a grandmother at 32, so it is possible, but not likely!

You poor thing!  I was once asked if my best friend was my daughter, so I've definitely been there.  This too shall pass.  Put down the chips, get on the wagon and give yourself a big hug.  If you can afford a little makeover do it!  If it's any consolation I'm 51 now and no one would ever think my bf was my daughter. 

I lived in AL for a couple of years and met a lady that was 28 years old and was holding a baby, SHE was the grandmother!!!

It's just like people asking women if they are pregnant. My twins were 6 months old when I was in line at Walmart and a lady said "You poor thing, you are pregnant again!" I was not pregnant. I was so embarrassed I did not say a word.

Whenever I "think" something like that, I NEVER say it. So when people do make comments like that, I think they're just being haters. Jealousy is an ugly thing!

People really need to shut up.  I have been asked if I am my daughter's sister.  She hated that.  I recently was a the E.R with my Dad who is 95.  The doctor referred to me as his wife.  Really people.  Shut up when in doubt.   Never ASSUME, you know the saying.  Sorry Mrs B. no one wants to hear this.  You should have told them you were their mom and and show them how stupid they are.  HUGS

Bless your heart...My sister in law is 10 years younger than me and someone wanted to know if I was her mom!  

Go treat yourself to a mani/pedi and you'll feel good as new.   Do not eat those chips!!

Okay, this might make you feel better.. about 10 years ago we moved to a new neighborhood. One day this kid comes to the door with cookies that "my son" had bought. I'm looking at him thinking my son is 8, surely he didn't...oh...he thought my husband was my KID!

:P So yeah..

My other favorite was an old friend working at WalMart... she kind of yells over to me "when you going to have that baby?" and I yelled back laughing "three months ago!"

Ya gotta laugh :P

I know it's just getting older, but the comment took my breath away. I think I will work on getting a new cut and some makeup tips at the beauty counter . I've always looked older and serious, so I shouldn't be surprised.

People are such incredibly clueless jerks.  Disregard this idiots comments and get on with your bad self girl! You've got six kids and you've lost 89lbs this year, you should stand proud! Don't let the fools of this world get you down!

You inspire me!

Also, chips are bad but its not the end of the world.  Forgive yourself and move on!

Last week I had yet another person ask me if I was Alan's mom.... While he IS 8 years younger............

One was a salesman at a car dealership == now how many cars do you think that man manages to sell with comments like that?

After i got divorced i took my teenage daughter with me with i tried on clothes. She would let me know if she thought the outfits made me look matronly, elderly, or dull. Sometimes painfully honest but i did eventually dress better until I gained this last fifty.

Good luck.

Ok - a little R rated but when I was married I decided that I wanted to go to a strip club just to see what it was like. Curiosity and the cat, you know. Anyway, I was in my 30s so I did not think I needed an ID. I have always looked younger but I really didn't think I looked that young. Anyway, I did get carded and so I ran out to the car to get my ID and left my husband at the door. When I got back with the ID, he was royally pissed! The guy at the door had berated him for bringing his "daughter" to a strip club. I was three years OLDER than my husband!!! LOL  

He did not like it, but I admit, I enjoyed the scene a little.

People are stupid! Just roll with it and go on with life. I agree with the suggestions here. Treat yourself to something totally indulgent and pamper yourself. Mani/pedi, facial, massage, new 'do, even just a movie or a new book. Whatever makes you feel like a queen!!!!!

I got a good one, my boyfriend and I were at Dunhams so he could buy some weights and the cashier said I hope mom is not carrying those and she looked right at me! I proceeded to look at her and inform her I was not his mother so she then said sister......I informed her I was his girlfriend. He is only 1 year younger than me and he is white and I am half Mexican. She just probably couldn't believe this trim, hot guy was with an extremely overweight girl.