Giant77

A big hi from a BIG guy

Thinking of you today and hope that all goes well. Please check in when you feel up to it. Good luck!

Welcome!  There are many threads on this topic of which is the "right surgery"

It's a very personal decision, and obviously we all feel strongly about the option we chose.  I opted for bypass because I wanted the most drastic procedure done in terms of restriction and rate of loss.  I know myself and this is what I needed.  Also, I didn't want any part of my stomach removed permanently.

I am thrilled with my choice and reached goal in less than a year.  It is the single best thing I have done for myself.  I know I am healthier and happier, which means I can be a better mom and wife.  This is what it was all about for me.  I was pre-diabetic, and absolutely terrified of having that progress.  This is not a concern anymore, and I have never been healthier or looked better.

Ultimately, you need to figure out what is best for you and your lifestyle.  Either way, a big change has to happen to be successful.

Good luck!

PS - my husband's name is Avi :)

what she said (except my husband isn't named Avi)  lol

Hi kind folks,

Happy to report that the surgery went uneventful. I managed to get a whole lot of walking and around 30oz of water and a little but of chicken broth so far. There is not much pain except for the gas discomfort. As you all have suggested been doing sip sip sip and walk walk walk....hoping to get rid of the gas soon. Planning to try some protein shake from tomorrow. Just got back home. Hope you all are doing good as well.

Avi.

Glad you are doing well. Keep up with the sipping and walking. Best wishes for a speedy recovery

Congratulations and Welcome to the Loser's Bench.