triadchick

what's the first thing you bought after

you started losing weight? I know I've gotten sage advice to buy cheap clothes/thrift shop clothes until you get to your goal weight but I am so looking forward to buying a pair of sexy boots...I dream about it... lol...anyone else have an item they bought clothing or accessory-wise?

I bought myself two pair of size large yoga pants just this past week!  And they actually don't look like I'm squeezing a king size pillow into a travel size pillowcase!!  

I've also bought myself new pj's 

Mostly though I've splurged on things that will keep me long term for now.  New insulated cups, a new lunch bag for carrying my stuff around with a tiny bit of style, ect.  

The first thing I did was go to a store I'd always wanted to shop at but never could because of sizes - and bought 4 sweaters.  More than I'd Ever spent on sweaters but  it gave me such a HIGH!

Since then I've found sweaters from the same store at Saver's for $5 but the rush I got from shopping somewhere that I'd never been able to was awesome!

Everything, really.

It's a problem. But boots were one of my first. Never could get them to close over my calves. Bought three pair of knee high boots that now look like I could put two legs in them.

Be careful what you buy early on.

I am still early out, but I look forward to those stretchy jean pants they sell in various colors, I also look forward to all of those "costume" t-shirts they come out at Halloween. Batgirl, Harry Potter and so on shirts I was never able to fit before. I also really would love some nice church appropriate dresses, for the last 4 years I've been wearing the same 2 outfits. I always see really cute things in the thrift stores and wish I could be that girl who could wear them. Now I will be that girl!

I'm with you. I want boots that go past my ankles. I can't wait to have smaller calves.

I've always had the skinniest calves and legs....even at my highest weight...but I couldn't wear sexy thigh high boots because of balance and how big i am

Haven't purchased anything yet. Monday is my bday and i have a gift check from Lane Bryant so i'm going to try on some new jeans to see if i can finally fit into 18s.

Edited by ccma

happy birthday early, ccma! :):D

First thing I had to buy was underwear.

First fun thing I bought was a pair of prostitute boots.  Which I still can't zip up all the way grrrrrrrrr.  But I love em and still rock em under jeans.

The first must buy for me was shoes. OMG! I did not realize how fat my feet were before I started losing weight! I was good on clothes, I have a closet full of sizes from 20 to 32. But I lost 1.5 sizes in my shoes early on and had to buy something to wear to work. I only bought one pair until I get closer to goal (or just need another pair). I have a pair of athletic shoes that still fit OK. They are lace ups so I can tighten them. :)

My treats so far have been things other than clothes. I treat myself to something totally self-indulgent for every 25 pounds I lose. I had a facial (first ever) at 25 pounds, a massage at 50 pounds and today I have an appointment for a new haircut and color for my 75 pound loss. Already have a beach trip planned for 100 pounds. I may be a few pounds short when we get there but I will be very close!   

I have not had a fun clothing purchase yet but I can't wait! I'm thinking a sexy bra instead of a utilitarian bra. Or maybe some fun jeans. Or some new PJs. Who knows?!

I have not bought any new cloths yet but the jeans I am wearing are getting baggy. I don't think it will be long now. What I want most is to have my floors redone. I was thinking when I loose a 100 lbs that will be my reward. U may be thinking well that not a reward for yourself but I have worked so hard to get this home and I want it to look really nice.

I brought a maxi dress brand new. The first dress above my knees since childhood. I think I blogged about it but I went into the store and was scared somebody would laugh or tell me to level the area because I couldn't fit the clothes. But, it didn't happen, I tried it on, it fit, I paid for it and wore it :wub:

I ended up giving it away once I lost more weight but I say, treat yourself to at least one new item. You deserve it.

NvatI2N.jpg?2

I have picked up lots of new clothes at thrift stores and from sale racks. I seem to have a thing now for narrow short skirts instead of the old maxi, ankle lengths I was wearing. But my best new purchase is a Latin style dance dress that is on its way. So excited for a competition coming up in June.

post-40418-0-46011600-1398512490_thumb.j

Edited by SKB68

I bought jeans! I really needed them:) Before I had always gone in and bought 3 or 4 pairs of the same jeans when I found some that were comfortable.

I brought a maxi dress brand new. The first dress above my knees since childhood. I think I blogged about it but I went into the store and was scared somebody would laugh or tell me to level the area because I couldn't fit the clothes. But, it didn't happen, I tried it on, it fit, I paid for it and wore it :wub:

I ended up giving it away once I lost more weight but I say, treat yourself to at least one new item. You deserve it.

NvatI2N.jpg?2

sooo cute on you! congrats!

First thing I had to buy was underwear.

First fun thing I bought was a pair of prostitute boots.  Which I still can't zip up all the way grrrrrrrrr.  But I love em and still rock em under jeans.

prostitution boots! ha! yes! that's what i want! are they hard to walk in? I've never worn heels so I don't know if i can do it

prostitution boots! ha! yes! that's what i want! are they hard to walk in? I've never worn heels so I don't know if i can do it

I hadn't either but they don't have a crazy heal on them.  2.5 inches I think they are...maybe 3 and its a wide clog heel so no its pretty easy to walk in.  I have a friend that wears like huuugggeeee ultimate prostitute heels and I tried those on and couldn't walk at all; it was pretty ridiculous.  So now I stick to the 2.5-3 inch chunky heel in all my new shoes.  Just picked up some sandels like that  :)

I also had clothes from size 24 to 18 so I didn't have to buy clothes right away.  I think it might have been yoga pants in xl.  I was ready to start a practice again and needed something to wear.  A good fitting bra will be a necessity .  I didn't buy the black high boots until this winter.  I think I was afraid they still wouldn't fit, but they did.  

I think mine was a membership at Gold's Gym. Started exercising at 6 weeks out.

Sweaters--I was always too hot before. Never even wore coats outside unless it was well below freezing. I bought sweaters out of need, but it's also fun to have them in different colors and accessorize them. Who knew?

Then--jeans, pencil skirt, little tiny leather-like jacket, dresses, jean skirt, etc. etc. etc. It's a problem  :P

After consulting Aviator's Log Book, I can tell you definitively. Hatch Peppers.

Hatch Pepper season begins August 1st.

Love them rascals. And they are good for WLS.

I'm with Molly it is definitely a problem!!  but so much fun! Yes, Triadchick...boots, boots and more boots!  I'm embarrassed to say I've purchased a dozen boots and many more high heel shoes!  I'm addicted and they thrill me to no end! I'm kinda tall and love to wear really high heels and my husband is 6'5" and we are a site to see when entering any place together!  Love it!!  I had said many times when I gave a way car loads of clothing that I wanted a small amount of quality clothes to replace them.  Um, I went a bit over that statement, lol.  Oh, but the first thing I bought was one pair of black dress pants in a 16W.  It was a mistake because when I found them in the Missy department in a regular 16, they fit much better.  I've since bought 6 more of the same style but in smaller sizes.  I have never had big legs and now they are skinny and why not show it off with pants that fit well?  Again, so much fun!

But here are the photos of shoes and boots I happened to have on my phone. :P

photo_zps78d21007.jpg

photo2_zps3a8bce14.jpg

photo1_zps0b518540.jpg

photo11_zps081e9590.jpg

photo3_zpsb708dd2a.jpg