TheTimeIsNow

How do you take your coffee?

I'm allowed to have decaf coffee on my plan and I have enjoyed a small fast food coffee with cream and no sugar. my NUT said it was ok since is was small and I wasn't even finishing it. Today I got an medium ice coffee and planned to spend the day drinking it as part of my 64oz. but I'm having second thoughts because i don't want to inadvertently consume something I'm not suppose to (too much fat). 

I really enjoy coffee and have taken a lot of comfort in having my same coffee (sans caffeine) as I did pre-surgery: cream (half and half) no sugar.

What is your opinion-can ice coffee and coffee still be a part of my life or do I need to change this habit? What is your coffee or tea habit? 

I drink it with Splenda and half and half. Can't live without it. My doc said its fine in moderation.

Fat isn't the problem, sugar is. I drink it black with no sugar, maybe half a packet of fake sugar or a couple drops of stevia.

Truvia, splash of half and half and sometimes a squirt of Torani Hazelnut or some other coffee friendly flavor.

Half and half here. The recommendation was up to 2 cups of decaf a day. At my year and a half visit, I confessed that I usually drank more than that and surgeon said that was fine--just stick with the decaf. 

Decaf tea with splenda and fat free 1/2&1/2. 

I almost never drank coffee pre op. My surgeon says no caffeine in the first six months. I occasionally have a cup of coffee now. As long as you are getting in extra fluid, I don't see a problem with having some coffee. However, I would be careful of those coffee flavored drinks because they are often filled with sugar or other things that are not so good for us.

I've had a hard time with coffee as of late. My taste buds have been off and coffee and teas taste weird. I'm also sick of SF Torani syrups. Today i found these online and order the french vanilla and the mocha. I'm excited to try them. Hope this will allow me to enjoy coffee again. http://www.splenda.com/products/flavors-for-coffee?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=B.Branded+-+Products&utm_term=splenda%20coffee%20flavors&utm_content=Products+-+Flavors+-+Coffee|mkwid|sMuXwncLj_dc|pcrid|24831815464

ETA: That splenda site had some cool coffee drink ideas.  :)

Edited by ChiefsLady

I've never been a big fan of normal coffee (love the smell but hate the taste) but I've always liked flavored coffees and mixed stuff like that. So on the rare occasion I want a treat, I mix No Sugar Added Hot Chocolate and coffee together to make a Mocha. Tastes good, gives me a pick me up and only 50 calories and 8 grams of sugar.

With a little fat free creamer and protein powder :)

I use nonfat dry milk for creamer plus 2 splendas at home. At work or on the road I drink it black.

I used to drink 6-8 mugs of coffee a day preop, with tons of half-and-half. today i may have 2 or 3 max, as above.

My post op program allows caffeine.

I can only speak for my plan: I'm not supposed to have things with caffeine or higher than ultra-low, and was also told the acidity of coffee and similar should be avoided or taken great care with. It wasn't a huge part of my classes, but it was there.

So, from that I'd say a daily and especially large amounts of daily coffee isn't wise even if it's decaf. But once in a while as a treat or such would be okay.

I'm not much of a coffee person, extra so after moving back here to the US, but when once in a while I allow myself a soy cappuccino with raw sugar in it to my taste for the size of cup.

Black and full of caffeine every morning 

Flavored Keurig ...Hazel nut, Butter Toffee or Southern Pecan are my favorites.  I make a "slurry" half & half and one scoop (22 grams protein) unflavored unjury.  One caffeinated in the AM and decaf after work.  No problems, 6 month labs are perfect. Allows me to get my daily protein easily.

I try not to drink it that much, But working shift work, sometimes I have to (lol)--I drink small cups of it Black

I love Dunkin Doughnuts original blend. I put about a teaspoon of cream and sugar in it. My doctor approves it. I was having about half a cup a few nights per week, but recently dumped after about 3 sips so it scared me away. No more for me for a while!

Starbuck's cinnamon dulce sugar-free syrup, yum!  They sell it by the bottle.  I do both decaf and regular.  Also, sometimes Unjury vanilla and sometimes half and half.  Always stevia. I'm addiced to my Keurig!!  Also just ordered sugar-free peppermint syrup because I love "candy cane" coffee and its only around during the holidays.  I'm on my last box of coffee, so the syrup will have to do!!

I was told to drink coffee to help with constipation.  Problem is I like mine really sweet as I can't stand the coffee taste.   I have a kuerig.  I finally settled on cafe vanilla and cafe caramel flavors. My nut is fine with those. Its my one treat in the mornings.   I used to use coffemate and International delight sugar free flavors but with my older two kids in the house I never get any because they would use mine. My K-cups are locked in my WLS cabinet so they can't get to them. lol

I drink 20 - 28 ounces of decaf every morning with about 1/2 a cup of 2% milk and either a vanilla or chocolate Premier shake mixed in and a sprinkle of cinnamon. This is my 'breakfast'. Occasionally I'll make it with the Nectar Cappuccino powder and then I use more milk, probably a 1 - 1-1/2 cups to make it not so sweet.

Either regular office coffee with sugar-free flavored creamer or Starbucks skinny vanilla latte if I'm splurging or someone else is buying  :D

Coffee has been hard for me to give up.  I'm drinking decaf right now, but with skim milk it makes me slightly ill.  If I could just have it with a little half and half and caramel sugar free Torani, I think I'd be okay.  My nutritionist has said decaf is fine.  Even caffeinated occasionally, especially since I'm taking a pantoprozole daily.  The acidity is supposed to make us susceptible to ulcers is what I'm told.  

Today, I'm having my coffee decaf, with Torani sf caramel, but with half and half... and OMG I have missed it.  I know the half and half is full fat, but it's 60 calories, a gram of protein and at two tablespoons, hopefully it won't set me back... It's been wonderful.