I'm pretty hopeful for an August date.. everything seems to be pointing that way.

Anyone else looking at that timeframe? :) I'm glad it'll be over well before the holidays and hopefully before school starts too (have a couple older kids who are great help around the house when needed lol)

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got my date, August 28th! So excited to join the August club! 

I'm pretty hopeful for an August date.. everything seems to be pointing that way.   Anyone else looking at that timeframe? I'm glad it'll be over well before the holidays and hopefully before schoo

My date is set for Aug 5th! I am having gastric bypass, and am so excited! I could have scheduled sooner, but my wife is also having bypass in July, and I need to be a few week out from her surger

My date is August 4th, for the vertical sleeve. I am also glad I will have two weeks before my teen is back at school, so I will have help with her toddler sis, and baby bro. And so glad I'll be back on solids before the holidays, trying to cook for my foodie family will be challenge enough.

My date is set for Aug 5th! I am having gastric bypass, and am so excited! I could have scheduled sooner, but my wife is also having bypass in July, and I need to be a few week out from her surgery. We are both very ready to be healthier!

Yay more Augusties :) I'm still just hoping lol because I have to get insurance approval and it could take 2 weeks. So late August is more likely, possibly early September.

Twisted4Yoga, I totally get that lol I always make big dinners for the holidays and candies and cookies to give away (and some invariably make it into my mouth somehow :P) and I want to be able to do those things this year too.. not sure how it's going to go though.

Onthewaydown2014, that's cool you're going through all this together with your wife! I bet that will make things easier as far as making sure you have good wls-friendly food on hand :)

I have started making freezer crockpot meals for my family. During my preop liquids this should make meal time easier and the same for post op

I am late August!  August 25th to be exact!  That is an excellent idea @Twisted4Yoga!  I make most of the meals for my household and that is smart, making meals so that they taken care of too.  I have been so busy preparing myself for this journey that I haven't thought about my boyfriend and what he will be doing after the surgery!

My wife had her surgery today and everything went great! It now hits me that this is really happening! I'm so excited, and yet very nervous. 4 weeks from today! I am so ready!

Just got my date, August 28th! So excited to join the August club! 

Onthewaydown, glad everything went well for your wife! :) That's gotta be a relief.. and now you're next! :)

Twisted4yoga, that really is a good idea, gonna have to do something like that I think..

congrats to the new August dates! Here's hoping next week I'll know for sure if I'll be August.. well, at least hoping I get an idea if that's in the ballpark anyway.

I'm thinking I may be looking at August 26 or Sept 2.. he does surgeries three days a week and of those, Tuesdays are the best for me. Plus with kids starting school and such those two days are probably best. I haven't gotten "the call" yet but the coordinator said he loves doing surgeries so if I want a particular day he's cool with adding me on :P I'm still waiting on approval so I may be getting way ahead of myself lol

Seems like a long ways away right now but I'm sure it's going to go super fast! I have kid car shopping, school shopping, a concert and various other things to keep me busy for the next month or so lol

How is everyone else spending the next few weeks?

I'm trying to mental prepare myself for the preop diet. I recently purchased some Premiere protein shakes. The chocolate reminds me of Silk Chocolate Almond. It's delicious. However, the last couple of days it's been upsetting my stomach. I looked at the label and it contains milk. So I'm back on the hunt for either a good protein powder or a premade shake that doesn't contain milk. Anyone have a suggestion?

@ Strickland 5000; For no milk protein I like the vega brand. They taste pretty good.

@ dalaimama; This month has flown for me. I took my teenager clothes and school shopping. And then started my preop diet yesterday on the 20th. It seems easier day 2, but for some reason I've had headaches since starting. Hormones, Nerves, giving up coffee, who knows? lol. still the best thing I have ever done for myself and my family.

@ Newstart2014; We are only a day apart, I bet you are as ready as I am :)

@ ahavah heart; I'm glad you got your date :) Its always neat to see another petite sleever. I'm 5'3" too, and ready to take my pants in and not just hem all the legs up :)

@Krouse83 & Andreaslaughing; Congrats on your dates :)

@ Onthewaydown2014; Congrats on your date, and my best to your wife. How is she healing?

I know its still a month out, but I get to meet with the nutritionist Thursday to do one of the two classes about eating after surgery!  I also get to pick up the liquid diet that I will be on for the 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after in Thursday.  I tried one of the powders they gave me this morning.  (They suggested I try a few so that I can pick out flavors I will like)  I was bit nervous and thought that it would be horrible but it isn't!  Its not good, but its something that I can definitly drink for a few weeks.  Its all really starting to sink in!  I so excited for August for me and everyone!

Hello all, August 4th here. 

@strickland5000 : I have similar problems with milk among other things.  I was told to check out some veg, hemp,soy and rice protein! Warrior blend was something i was going to try out, raw meal too. i believe both are dairy AND gluten free if that's something that interests you. The veg one was.... fruitein. yeah. it comes in 2 flavors? one that's like.. a green leafy veggie blend, the other fruit? 

I haven't tried any of them yet! i'm on syntrax nectar which some flavors are lactose free! the vanilla bean is for sure (just checked)

I am jumping on the August train! August 21st I will be sleeved! Pre-op diet starts August 7th. So excited and nervous all at the same time! I am a registered nurse that works with bariatric patients on a daily basis. So I feel that I am very prepared for what is to come! 

@CeresCyan I love Syntrax Nectars!! Especially Fuzzy Navel. The others you suggested sound good. I've actually tried a hemp protein powder. It wasn't too bad. Probably something you want to try in juice or a smoothie. Don't just add water!