Kearsten

It's been two years, where'd that time go?

It just dawned on me today that it has been two years since my gastric bypass. Wow, that went by so fast! I started out at 324 with very limited mobility and today I am half that weight and could probably walk at least 3 miles without getting winded. I had to have my husband dress me because I could even bend down to put my underwear on and now I wear super cute clothes even to just sit around my home! I never would have thought that for once, I would actually make goal AND maintain AND have a healthy relationship with food as well as get a handle on my depression.

I get asked almost daily if I regret my decision to have WLS because my nutrition is so different than most people. My answer every time is no regrets with the exception that I should have done it sooner. Life is good!

A million congrats on your lasting success and happiness! Love that you wear cute clothes just to hang around the house! You are an inspiration!

Happy surgiversary!

Yes, you are quite an inspiration!  Congrats to you and your success!

Congrats on reaching and maintaining goal:). Way to go!

The time has flown by for me too - I'll be at 2 years out in June.  Hard to believe now, isn't it?   Congrats on your success, you look wonderful!!   :)

Thank you so much for posting. I'm a month or two away from my gastric bypass and I love hearing stories like this. Congratulations.

Congratulations!

Congratulations on your success.  Today I don't feel like I am missing out on anything from my life before surgery.   I am coming up on 2 years in June as well.  Wishing you continued health and well being.

Thank you all so much! Your encouragement gives me strength to keep working to stay healthy, fit and happy! Although, sometimes I do feel like my friends and family are getting tired of hearing about my weight loss. I feel that it's so much a part of my life that it can be a little "all-consuming" at times. Pardon the pun ;)