ibsoldout

central Texas? New here

Hi New to forum. 7 months post op. Lap band by dr. S in killeen.

Hi there, I'm in Houston. My brother was born in Killeen. :)

I had revision surgery back on Feb 7 th

Revision? As in second surgery? I pray I don't have that but so many do. Love Houston. We visit from time to time

I had the lap band back in 2007.... It wasn't a right fit for me. A lot of people have great success with it, I just did not.

Oops, I had the sleeve done

I'm in the Houston area too. Welcome to TT.

Me too. 1 month post op. I'm a recent transplant, but I'm falling in love with this place :)

I'm so glad to see another bandster on TT. Welcome! Maybe we can exchange stories.

Absolutely! You just got banned not long ago? I am close to green zone but not quite there maybe one more fill??? Hit a plateau for like 3 months, finally moving again.

Welcome!

Thank you!

Me too. 1 month post op. I'm a recent transplant, but I'm falling in love with this place :)

Yeah, I love Houston. So much to do here. Headed to an Astros game tonight.

We are thinking of moving to Galveston, as I'm in love with fishing, especially wade fishing since it gives me decent exercise at the same time. The doctors here have absolutely changed my life and while I hate the humidity I am learning to tolerate it.

We are thinking of moving to Galveston, as I'm in love with fishing, especially wade fishing since it gives me decent exercise at the same time. The doctors here have absolutely changed my life and while I hate the humidity I am learning to tolerate it.

I live on Lake Conroe and my favorite season is summer here - the hottest and most humid time.  I love July and August!!  

Here's the secret:  Live on the water.  Get a boat and/or SeaDoos.  Stay wet inside and out.  Indoors is all air conditioned so no problem there.  The worst thing is getting in your car on a hot day and the temp inside the car is 130 degrees.  I have a remote starter so my car is cooled down before I get in.

Galveston has a lot of character although not as much to do as Houston.  Sounds like your a boat guy too.

Wearing UnderArmor HeatGear compression shirts under your top shirt helps keep you cool too.  

Houston is a great place to live...tons to do!   Galveston is fun too just way more laid back.   Keep in mind Galveston is only an hour trip from Houston...so very easy access.  (depends what part of Houston too....Houston is HUGE! )  I am near Cypress area on 290.

weight.png

JFrog - I saw in another post that you are female.  So change "boat guy" to "boat gal" in my post above.

We spent all day at Marine Max looking at boats, I think we finally have it picked out! It's an NSV for me too because I was able to climb in and out of every boat we wanted to look at AND I can get comfortably into those itty bitty heads some of them have.

***head = potty for all you land lubbers***

From the DFW area. Had surgery 3 days ago. Gastric bypass. I am suffering at the moment, more with the gas then anything else.

From the DFW area. Had surgery 3 days ago. Gastric bypass. I am suffering at the moment, more with the gas then anything else.

Welcome to the Loser's Bench. Congrats.

Houston area too!  Welcome!