Sissy620

Any lap banders still on TT

Hi, I don't see on the other forums much activity from people who have a lap band. How many of us are still on TT? I would like to communicate with ones that have a band. Thanks.

Hi...I have lap band I'm finding most people have Gastric Bypass. I'd love to communicate!!

Hi Iraasch, when did U get your band? I got mine on 2/28/14. Tell me about yourself and your band experience?

I actually got mine approx. 5 years ago. Its been a real struggle for me but I'm not giving up. For the first year I had no restriction due to some trouble getting the fluid into my port. Finally he did it by xray and got fluid in. I lost around 30 lbs the first year but it was more me than the band because I could eat anything. I did ok for about a year after that and went from 265 to 180 which wasn't my goal but I felt good. Then I got another fill that was too much. From there it all went down hill...not the fault of the band but myself. I have pretty much vomited up everything I ate for over a year. I could easily eat crap (chips, ice cream, etc.) but nothing good seemed to stay down so I went for the bad stuff. My weight went back up to over 220. I had not gone to see my Dr for 3 years due to embarrassment. I finally made the decision to go back last month. My Dr and I had a long discussion about my options. I could have revision surgery and go to gastric bypass or sleeve, or take it out all together, or start over with my band if everything looked ok on an Upper GI. So my Upper GI looked good so my decision was to start over. I had all the fluid taken out of my band one month ago. I had a month of eating normal again(too normal) then I went back this past Monday and had my first refill...starting very slow in the fills this time. I am on clear liquids this whole week which has been pretty tough but I am determined. Then I will move to the next phases just as I would if I just had surgery. I know if I follow the instructions 100% given by my Dr I will be successful. I would love to know how you have been doing so far. Its nice to have someone to chat with....anyone I know personally has had gastric bypass. Sorry to ramble!!

I'm doing good now. About 3 days after surgery I had nausea so bad I was in the bed most of that week. I went for my 1st fill I told doc I was still had nausea he told me to stop all insulin unless it goes over 200. That fixed it. After having my child I started gaining and got huge. I keep wanting the surgery but at that time insurance would not pay but, now they do. Did what was required got surgery. I have lost 32 pound in 7 weeks. I don't eat till I'm stuffed stop just before full.you have to train your brain that way. I don't have any cravings for chips, candy, cake or any sweets. Will get my 1st fill next Tuesday. Your right it's good to talk to someone that's had the same surgery. I'm going to add you as a friend and will keep in touch. We can private message too. Have a great day!

Wow that's a great loss!!! Good for you! If you don't mind I would love to know some of your daily menu/meals plans. I found a lady on you tube under bandedwendy. She is awesome and I've got some great tips from her. I feel like I completely forgot it all!

I don't like cooking. I eat a lot of weight watcher and stuff like that but watch the salt. I am trying now to get more fruit and carbs in. If your still on full liquids remember you can't have any of this right now. I don't know what kind of calories your doc has you on mine is 600-800 a day it's.hard for me some days to get all the protein in 60 grams I keep trying. Hope is helps. Talk to u later.

Thank you....yes it helps. Anything helps right now. I've moved on to a little thinker thank goodness. Starting over is tough but I know it will be worth it. I'm down 10lbs from last Monday....hopefully it keeps coming off. Hope you are doing great!

I'm still here! 

I would love to hear about your journey!

Thanks for posting this I was feeling the same way!!! I had my banding surgery 11/5/12. I have had an up and down road so far. Was losing great at first following very by the book. Was down a total of 63 and very happy but due to some unforeseen circumstances was under a lot of stress and finding myself making less and less good choices. I'm down to a total loss of 55, but I haven't been to my surgeon because frankly I was feeling very much like a failure. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one struggling. And I hope we can together help support each other. I have made my "New Beginning" this week and made it to the gym once so far and will go tonight as well. Trying to do this right. I started at 300 and now am 255... This week I took my full body measurements and also pictures so that I can keep better track and hopefully use this as better motivation.

I would absolutely love to help support each other through this journey!! It is not one bit easy but I know its worth it. I found a girl named Wendy on you tube. Shes under bandedwendy and she has completely opened my eyes as to what I need to do. She has worked super hard by the book and has had amazing results. There are so many others on there too. She is also on FB and posts a lot of her daily food intake. I also just started using the My Fitness Pal app and I will be committing my self to entering everything that goes into my mouth! Are you on FB? If so, maybe we can message each other. It may be easier than this, since I'm not always on here.

My husband and I both had surgery 7/8/13. I feel really fortunate! We have A LOT of support through our doctor, we go to monthly check-ins, we have an advocate that has also had the surgery to touch base with should we have questions. I am almost down 100 pounds, and I have not yet hit my 1 year mark. My advocate says this is a 2 year program, so I am in a really great spot. I would like to lose another 50 lbs. 

I really have no horror stories! We haven't been ill, haven't had any trouble with foods or vomiting. (Not to say that things dont get stuck from time to time) :)

All though i did have one lady that stabbed me 5 times before taking me to x-ray to locate my port!

I am VERY compliant (i have a friend that had the surgery 3 years ago, and she has now gained all the weight she lost back. That scares me)

I work really hard on working out and pushing myself. I am overjoyed at the amount of things I am able to do now! I attend 2 pilates classes a week (with a drill Sargent instructor) and I am now able to keep up with the rest of the ladies! I have also started cycling on Saturdays. I am up to almost 11 mph and we ride for 8 miles! 

I would absolutely love to help support each other through this journey!! It is not one bit easy but I know its worth it. I found a girl named Wendy on you tube. Shes under bandedwendy and she has completely opened my eyes as to what I need to do. She has worked super hard by the book and has had amazing results. There are so many others on there too. She is also on FB and posts a lot of her daily food intake. I also just started using the My Fitness Pal app and I will be committing my self to entering everything that goes into my mouth! Are you on FB? If so, maybe we can message each other. It may be easier than this, since I'm not always on here.
yes I am on FB under Kimberly Foster probably will come up if you also look under Dover, Delaware .... I will have to check Wendy out what is he on fb under??

I have a lap band also and I just started back on TT this week.  I'd be happy for any of you to add me and share my experiences with you all.  

hi Kathleen...I just added you. Love your fun page!!! I would love to hear your daily meal plans. Looks like you have been very successful.

Hey Kathleen! What is your FB name, or feel free to add me Kimberly Foster and it's in Dover Delaware :) .... I am also working on putting together a FB page where not just gastric surgery but everyone can share weight loss ideas and motivation for each other!!

Can anyone tell me how to look up a name on FB with out having to scroll through all of them. Glad to see all the post on here.

Can anyone tell me how to look up a name on FB with out having to scroll through all of them. Glad to see all the post on here.
one of the easier things is if you type the persons name exactly how they have it and then type in where they live like if you look me up do Kimberly Foster Dover Delaware and my profile picture is of my step son on our front steps (knowing the picture helps too)

Hi Kim, thank you so much. I looked u up and found u easy. I like your family picture your step son is so cute. Good luck with your success. I'm here it you need to talk. U can PM me if you wish.

I don't come to the forum often because the band section is so quiet. I've been banded 6 1/2 years now. Maintaining an 80 lb loss. I've been having some port pain lately and am scheduling an appointment for that. There is no redness or anything, and I am not really concerned. 

I've had no complications on my journey, and I love my band. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Denise