msjmyates

6 week post op/ Checking in.

Hello all...

I am thrilled at the progress that I have made thus far. I didn’t know what I was expecting but down from size 24-26 back in a 20 in just over a month was far better than I ever imagined. I am just 40 lbs. away from my new haircut. I want to be less than 200lbs in ONDERLAND before I cut my hair short.

Some of the not so fun stuff. I can pretty much eat anything with very few exceptions. I have learned the hard way that my pouch does not like bone-in chicken, especially dark meat. I can tolerate baked chicken but its best if it is boneless/skinless. If you can I recommend following the nutritionist/doctor diet to the letter. I will admit I am very hardheaded and haven’t but I’m loosing and keeping my portions down. When I feel a stall or just can’t eat what my family is having (like cheese burgers) I use my syntha-6 shake. The drinking while eating is still a problem for me but I take a small swig if I need it and don’t keep the drink at the table with me. It seems to help. I am walking as much as I can. I haven’t gotten my clearance for work outs yet but hopefully at my next visit in 2 weeks. The Crystal Light & similar drinks I used to love now taste funny. I have to have my drinks ice cold now too, even water. I can’t tolerate room temp drinks it makes me feel like I swallowed a balloon. Every now & again I crave hot chocolate. It is so random.

Here are some of my more significant weights. I’m using an app on my phone to keep track.

"2014-04-10","237.0","lbs"

"2014-04-09","239.0","lbs"

"2014-03-27","246.0","lbs"

"2014-03-20","250.0","lbs"

"2014-03-07","255.0","lbs"

"2014-03-01","261.0","lbs"

"2014-02-27","271.0","lbs" Surgery

"2014-02-20","275.0","lbs"

"2013-12-06","280.0","lbs"

"2013-11-21","281.0","lbs"

"2013-11-15","282.0","lbs" ENOUGH!

"2013-03-09","240.0","lbs" wedding day

"2012-04-01","263.0","lbs" Pre-baby(#3)

Edited by msjmyates

Congrats on your weight loss & thank you for sharing :)  Keep up the great work !!!

Good job!

Congratulations on your progress so far! You're doing excellent!

Looks like you are doing fantastic! I hope to have the success this soon as you have had when I am six weeks out. Congratulations and keep it up!

Hello all...

I am thrilled at the progress that I have made thus far. I didn’t know what I was expecting but down from size 24-26 back in a 20 in just over a month was far better than I ever imagined. I am just 40 lbs. away from my new haircut. I want to be less than 200lbs in ONDERLAND before I cut my hair short.

Some of the not so fun stuff. I can pretty much eat anything with very few exceptions. I have learned the hard way that my pouch does not like bone-in chicken, especially dark meat. I can tolerate baked chicken but its best if it is boneless/skinless. If you can I recommend following the nutritionist/doctor diet to the letter. I will admit I am very hardheaded and haven’t but I’m loosing and keeping my portions down. When I feel a stall or just can’t eat what my family is having (like cheese burgers) I use my syntha-6 shake. The drinking while eating is still a problem for me but I take a small swig if I need it and don’t keep the drink at the table with me. It seems to help. I am walking as much as I can. I haven’t gotten my clearance for work outs yet but hopefully at my next visit in 2 weeks. The Crystal Light & similar drinks I used to love now taste funny. I have to have my drinks ice cold now too, even water. I can’t tolerate room temp drinks it makes me feel like I swallowed a balloon. Every now & again I crave hot chocolate. It is so random.

Here are some of my more significant weights. I’m using an app on my phone to keep track.

"2014-04-10","237.0","lbs"

"2014-04-09","239.0","lbs"

"2014-03-27","246.0","lbs"

"2014-03-20","250.0","lbs"

"2014-03-07","255.0","lbs"

"2014-03-01","261.0","lbs"

"2014-02-27","271.0","lbs" Surgery

"2014-02-20","275.0","lbs"

"2013-12-06","280.0","lbs"

"2013-11-21","281.0","lbs"

"2013-11-15","282.0","lbs" ENOUGH!

"2013-03-09","240.0","lbs" wedding day

"2012-04-01","263.0","lbs" Pre-baby(#3)

Congratulations! I have a question for you that maybe should go on the board at large. For starters, my surgeon never really talked about not drinking water or anything else with meals -- not personally and not in the paperwork on how to proceed through liquids through solids. Still, I've read enough to know that drinking is discouraged with eating after any bariatric surgery (I also had the lapband about four years ago, and was never able to not drink with eating with that, despite my doctor's instructions). Right now, the only thing I can eat without needing water to wash it down, is scrambled eggs. It's not a huge problem, because I'm trying to rely on Isopure as much as possible while I'm not feeling hunger pains.

But, at some point, I'm going to have to eat out with friends or family, and I'm wondering how you get to the point where you don't need liquids to wash down the solids. I chew my food until it's tasteless, and I still can't get it down without water. Any advice on what helped you get to that point would be greatly appreciated!

I just saw this. I'm at 5 weeks and just saw my surgeon yesterday. Things aren't going down easily for me either so he said if it continues for a week they'll have to scope me and stretch out my stoma.

wow awesome weight loss!

Congrats on the success!  Not drinking while eating has been my biggest struggle, as well.