mrsdonjuan

CALLING ALL MAY SURGERIES!

Only JUST found this thread. Duh! Nice to meet all the May people! Would like to hear from Lover4Life - how are you since surgery?

Melissa

Surgery date was May 7. How are you doing?  

Hi Everyone!

I am 45 days out now, and I am down 27lbs since surgery and 70lbs since I started this whole process! I am eating solid foods (mostly) and still being super careful with what I eat. I started having some salad this week - a mix of arugula, baby spinach, cottage cheese and sliced turkey. It still astounds me that I am never hungry. I am learning more quickly what full feels like bringing solid food into the picture. So far, no problems post surgically. I still have a shake in the  morning, then another shake at work and sometimes a yogurt on long days. I tend to eat something solid for dinner...turkey burgers, avocado, cottage cheese, scrambled eggs, and now salad!

I have not started working out - I am still working on energy level. I saw my PCP this past Monday and she took me off of my blood pressure medication (lisinopril,which I've been on for the last 10 years) and the diuretic (furosemide); I am no longer taking Januvia or Actos for diabetes, and my glipizide has been cut in half. My primary goal in getting this surgery was to get off of my medications, so I am almost completely prescription free! The amazing part of that is I weighed what I weigh now 7 years ago when I first started with this PCP - and my BP was through the roof. It was quite a realization to see that it truly was what I was eating - not necessarily my weight (although that wasnt helping anything). I am so grateful for this surgery and for this opportunity to turn my life and my health around. I cant wait to see what my next 50 years have in store for me! :)

How is everything going, 145? :)

Hey ,I had my revision lapband to rny .Everything going good so far I had surgery may 28,I am down 40 pounds