mrsdonjuan

CALLING ALL MAY SURGERIES!

congrats to all my May buddies! Thinking of you who all are scheduled for the next two weeks!

Thank you

I am new to support groups - my surgery is tomorrow.  I am so excited.  I look forward to being a participant.

We have a lot of May 19th'ers!

24 hours from now, I will be out of surgery and in recovery!  So exciting! and scary...but more exciting!

Mine was 8 May.... Hope all went well with those who've had surgery since posting!

I think all went well.  I must admit, my stomach hurts more than I expected.  I am only one day out and I know it will improve daily.  It does fell better to walk around than to lay.

Welcome to the other side!!

I'm doing pretty good. Go home tomorrow provided I am still doing okay. I felt great this morning once i got calories in...helped my lightheadedness go away. I spent the first night in recovery because I was super groggy out of surgery and I have sleep apnea.working in my liquid dinner tray and alternating between that and laying down. Feeling good though.taking it slow.

My surgery went well..still in some pain, and a bit nauseated, but I am home and resting well.

My surgery was May 5th.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  I have my two week check up today.  Hopefully I will be allowed pureed foods.  The protein shakes have been grossing me out and making me nauseous.  My nutritionist told me to drink milk then.

I am so glad you all doing well. May 28 ,is my day I pray all go well

Today is May 21 and I was just scheduled for May 27. I'm in shock but happy to have less than a week to freak out.

I wonder if I am a wimp or if I have a problem.  My tummy really hurts (I went on May 19).  Some others that went in with me actually expressed hunger.  Not for me.  I am just getting liquids in with popsicles and water.  I too am struggling with protein.  My doc starts us on mushy foods on Day 2 so technically eggs are already an option.  They had us take a bit of tuna fish in order to leave.  That was hard!

I had the gastric bypass, and all surgeons are very different.  My doctor kept me on a liquid diet for two weeks after surgery.  I had problems with the shakes because I wasn't hungry and they seemed disgusting.  My nut suggested milk, or milk with milk powder in it.  I am sorry you are having such difficulties.  Maybe calling and speaking with your doctor might help?

Thank you.  This is my first surgery and I wonder if I just had no idea.  I  got down some creamy broth today and I actually felt better.  It is interesting to see the wide range of instructions from surgeons.  They vary so much!

Each program is different. I have advanced to puréed but still prefers liquids because it sits well with me. Still having abdominal pain but only take Tylenol at night. Hate my multivitamin but loves my calcium chews. I am excited for next Tuesday because I can add eggs to my diet. Yeah!! I am despise Isopure because I had a bad experience with Gatorade. Loving this new body but would love some more energy and a good night sleep.

Congrats to everyone and good luck!!

My surgery is this morning ,prayers needed I am alittle nervous

Prayers

My surgery is this morning ,prayers needed I am alittle nervous

Sending thoughts your way! Hope all goes well and you are on the mend soon! :)

Hey guys, I had my band removed and bypass done on 20th may. Recovery was so much easier than with the band, doing really well and so glad I made the decision to have my band out! It's my wedding anniversary today and I'm celebrating with a dinner of puréed baked beans, unfortunately no wine for me! But will be worth it when I'm at goal! Hope everyone is doing well!

My surgery was the 14th. Still on pure liquids which is ok since I don't get hungry.

I had my first post-op.  All's well.  I asked my surgeon if he remembered my surgery and he was blunt, he didn't so we pulled up his notes.  All was normal and I saw my 36 bougie size, which I started to Google and I saw that it was just another topic to flip out about so I chilled.  

I can only still walk in terms of exercise.  I think the next appointment at one month post will be when I can do more.  Now, it's all the same, still on mushies and walking.

Oh, I did ask my doc if he did really remove anything b/c I feel that much better now (no pain or ache).  In this same thread, I thought I was having serious problems.  Goes to show, the body just needed to heal.   :D