GettinKinny

SnSforever916 journal

I'm surprised Dr. Grinburg wants you so low, you are taller than me and he set my goal at 150.  135 seems pretty low.  I actually have changed my goal to 140 now.

I'm surprised Dr. Grinburg wants you so low, you are taller than me and he set my goal at 150.  135 seems pretty low.  I actually have changed my goal to 140 now.

I love how these folks ask you what YOUR goal is and then put their own number in there.   :lol:

I know...I laughed...out loud very loudly. He said, "No, I am serious."  I was like OKay, well I will do my best but the best shape I ever was is when I was in the military size 4-6 super tiny and I bounced anywhere from 145-155. Personally I would love to see 145, but I am thinking 150-160 is realistic.

Maybe because you are younger than me? I am at 155 now and I am pretty happy but would like to lose 15 more, I can't imagine losing 25 more and that would be what I would have to lose to be comparable to what he is telling you.

Edited by spumoni

Maybe because you are younger than me? I am at 155 now and I am pretty happy but would like to lose 15 more, I can't imagine losing 25 more and that would be what I would have to lose to be comparable to what he is telling you.

Maybe? I don't know. For the most part, I am thinking he wants me lower because of rebound. Either way I will see when I get there. Before I had children I was 170-180 size 8-9. I wouldn't mind being there...but we will see. I would rather be healthy....the # on the scale is the last thing on my list. :)

You are KILLING IT! It is so fun to see your post each week and see how things are going. Its even better to see you feeling so good and literally melting away! It must feel so great to have people giving you such positive feedback, but I am sure nothing matches feeling those old clothes just hang on you, and starting to fit into smaller and smaller sizes! Also, some great awareness...I think I am going to tuck your towel trick in my back pocket for when it is my turn. You may just have to give us an updated photo soon :D

Way to go! Keep it coming!

Chele

You are KILLING IT! It is so fun to see your post each week and see how things are going. Its even better to see you feeling so good and literally melting away! It must feel so great to have people giving you such positive feedback, but I am sure nothing matches feeling those old clothes just hang on you, and starting to fit into smaller and smaller sizes! Also, some great awareness...I think I am going to tuck your towel trick in my back pocket for when it is my turn. You may just have to give us an updated photo soon :D

Way to go! Keep it coming!

Chele

Yes, the towel trick works wonders...I never thought I snacked until I realized that I was putting food in my mouth that I COULD NOT eat!

Yes, I feel great, strong and better each day. I love that I can wear clothes I have purchased to motivate myself to lose weight...now I can actually wear them! :)

NSV I weigh less than my hubby and I can wear heels again! It's the little things! ♥

Edited by snsforever916

The top is the day of surgery April 3, 2014 and the bottom photos are May 3, 2014.

Stats:

I lost 21 lbs

15.5 inches

1 dress size

The difference is not incredibly noticeable but for just one month, I'll take it!

post-41570-0-33424900-1399305342_thumb.j

It IS noticeable!  Great job!

Great Job!!!

I could definately see the difference in you at the support group meeting. I hadn't seen you in about 2 months and girl... the difference was sure there!!!

Keep rocking it!!!

Great Job!!!

I could definately see the difference in you at the support group meeting. I hadn't seen you in about 2 months and girl... the difference was sure there!!!

Keep rocking it!!!

I know...it had been a while. Thanks :) You looked amazing too! So excited to see you next time!

So excited...I am 39.9 BMI. I haven't see the 30's BMI in YEARS. That much closer to the 20's~!

I also went from Obese Class III (the highest) to Obese Class II.

I can cross my legs, wear heels and I weigh less than my hubby!

Edited by snsforever916

Way to go and I definitely see the difference in the pictures!  You're beautiful as you were before also!

Congrats, and you are only a month post op! You put in a lot of work pre op which made this "easier."

Super super exciting! Well done :)

Chele

Thanks yup 5 weeks post op and I feel on fire. :) Trying not to be one of those crazy ladies that bursts at the seems with pure joy (and annoy others)...but I am HAPPY!

I am looking forward to my future losses and getting to a place where I can physical, mentally and emotionally do whatever I've spent the last 6-7 years dreaming of.

Thanks for being a part of my journey. ♥

Week 6 post op... Okay, 24 pounds since surgery. I'm on the slow boat to China but at least I am on the boat. I keep losing inches and clothing is fitting better. I will just have to take or leave the scale as it is. I am really trying not to weigh everyday but it is kinda like my morning ritual.

I am sitting anywhere between 500-630 calories, however, I notice some days I struggle to get that in and then I only lose an ounce or two the following day. Better than nothing but was looking forward to losing a little more quickly. I love how it's never my plan. I am thinking of upping my calories and seeing how that works. :)

New development!!! I can grab my leg, put my foot on my knee and tie my shoes normally. I can also do a standing hamstring stretch. Also, when I do Zumba I can add the little hops and turns which is the higher level, non modified version. <---That makes me super happy because before I had to modify everything...and I mean everything!

New weird body thing....My chest, lungs and throat feels weird. I am thinking my allergies are happening but just not to the full blown severity that it used to be. I also think I am getting so much exercise that weird abdominal/chest muscles are hurting.

You are doing great! I enjoy reading about your journey:)

Omgoodness, I was able to get older pre-op photos. They were taken pre-op August of 2013 my highest weight of 310! The difference in the photos is 68 lbs. :D

post-41570-0-13975400-1400192327_thumb.j

Edited by snsforever916

Those photos definately tell the story dont they! Awesome job girl!!!

Week 7...

Oh and I thought you were a lucky # but atlas you are not. I have been in stall. I decided to up my calories to get me out. It worked for a few days and then I stalled again! Boo! This month I have only lost 7 pounds. I say only like it's terrible, it's not, but I really would have liked to lose 15 pounds this month. I am on track to lose only 10. Oh well! -10 and I'll take it

I do notice that although I haven't been eating poorly, I have been having a bite here or there. I really need to stop taking these dang cheat bites!

To say that I have been stressed is an understatement. (although I am trying not to even recognize it...stress...what stress?)

My hubby had surgery and has pretty much been immobile for the last two weeks. A lot is on my plate...not food of course...but stressed has poked her ugly little head into my mess. Any time I stressed pre-op I didn't lose...so losing even any while stressed is amazing!

Exercise is going well. At least 2 hours a day or more. Food has been good, eating a little more than I should, but still under nutritional guidelines.

Down a total of 76 pounds....people are really noticing and asking advice. It's really cool to be told that I am someone else's inspiration to change their eating habits and incorporate regular exercise. My advice...baby steps. Each week take a habit and replace it with a healthier option. Change your nightly routine from unlimited t.v. watching to just 1 hour a night and take a walk or clean your house with the other time. Replace soda with water....heck all liquids to water....Baby steps. It totally made my gastric transition super easy.

I feel great...I need to work on my cheat bites. :)

Edited by snsforever916

Call me crazy (you wont be the first) but is it possible that you could be over-exercising? Both the nut and the group leader where I live say that excessive exercise can cause you to stall or even gain. The group leader has a masters in health ed. He says cardio one day for 30-45minutes and weights on alternate days no more than 45 minutes. It seems like it might be an idea to cut it back for a week or so and just see what happens? Also...since most of you are thinking I am delusional after my last statement, maybe you are not taking in enough fats? Maybe add some coconut oil to a protein shake or integrate some avocado into your meals? I have read quite a lot recently about stalls due to lack of fat in the diet...contrary to popular beliefs/lies, our bodies really need the fats to be balanced.

Finally, girl you know your stress level directly effects the cortisol in your body...which directly impacts blood sugar and other important health systems in our bodies. I dont know how you can reduce your stress level, and since I have already boarded the crazy train in this post, I am going to suggest something OUTRAGEOUS. Maybe asking for help would be a good idea. You are a wonderful human being and I have a feeling there is an army of people who would support you if you asked?

Ok...crazy rant complete...just remember progress is progress no matter how slow it sometimes feels. You are close to having lost half of your goal weight - that is pretty darn exciting. I know for me, most of my life I have been "all or nothing" when I ate...i ate EVERYTHING, and when I didnt...I starved myself. I never felt good about how much weight I would lose (and Ive lost a bunch, several times) because I knew I would gain it all back and more. Remember, that is not what is happening now...it is off and you will keep it off. No matter how long it takes, if you are walking in the right direction, you will get there. One last request...when I am in this same boat...remind me of what I just said. I know its a whole lot harder when youre going through it first hand. Hang in there. ;)

Call me crazy (you wont be the first) but is it possible that you could be over-exercising? Both the nut and the group leader where I live say that excessive exercise can cause you to stall or even gain. The group leader has a masters in health ed. He says cardio one day for 30-45minutes and weights on alternate days no more than 45 minutes. It seems like it might be an idea to cut it back for a week or so and just see what happens? Also...since most of you are thinking I am delusional after my last statement, maybe you are not taking in enough fats? Maybe add some coconut oil to a protein shake or integrate some avocado into your meals? I have read quite a lot recently about stalls due to lack of fat in the diet...contrary to popular beliefs/lies, our bodies really need the fats to be balanced.

Finally, girl you know your stress level directly effects the cortisol in your body...which directly impacts blood sugar and other important health systems in our bodies. I dont know how you can reduce your stress level, and since I have already boarded the crazy train in this post, I am going to suggest something OUTRAGEOUS. Maybe asking for help would be a good idea. You are a wonderful human being and I have a feeling there is an army of people who would support you if you asked?

Ok...crazy rant complete...just remember progress is progress no matter how slow it sometimes feels. You are close to having lost half of your goal weight - that is pretty darn exciting. I know for me, most of my life I have been "all or nothing" when I ate...i ate EVERYTHING, and when I didnt...I starved myself. I never felt good about how much weight I would lose (and Ive lost a bunch, several times) because I knew I would gain it all back and more. Remember, that is not what is happening now...it is off and you will keep it off. No matter how long it takes, if you are walking in the right direction, you will get there. One last request...when I am in this same boat...remind me of what I just said. I know its a whole lot harder when youre going through it first hand. Hang in there. ;)

I know I need to slow down on the exercise in order to lose weight but I am deathly afraid of stopping because I do not want to lose muscle mass or look jiggly! Plus, when I keep myself busy, I think less about food.

I also know I need to increase my fat and most likely carbs.

Stalls are totally part of the process and I am totally over analyzing everything I  am doing. I think I need to take a chill pill and realize it's not a sprint...It's the rest of my life and it will take however long my body needs to, to get where I need to be. I just see the 100 pounds in 6 months and I want to be there, but I am realizing that it most likely will not be that fast...and I will be okay if it takes longer and that I am not a failure.

100% not a failure! I really do get the frustration though...it is now the journey and not the race. I don't know about you, but for me, my food addiction has ALWAYS been about immediate gratification, and in many areas of my life that has been true as well. The gift of what we are doing is that we get to appreciate delayed gratification...I am learning that is often way more gratifying than a quick fix. Don't worry about losing muscle mass or being jiggly...every step you are taking toward your goal is taking you farther away from those things.

I had a lady in my local support group tell me, "I wish I could take a snapshot of what is happening for you now and show you what your life will be like in 3 months from now. It would make everything you're going through so much more tolerable. This will all pass and you will come out of this on the other side AOK."  She is a wise lady...4 years out on her surgery and still taking care of herself, fully enjoying the life that her new body and health have made possible. I hold pretty tight to those words when I feel deflated or frustrated. This too shall pass and it will be on to and over the next hurdle. Be good to yourself. my friend. You do so much for everyone else. Give that same kindness and compassion to the person who matters the most...you...and you really do matter most. Be happy!

Not even 7 1/2 weeks and I am down 30 pounds. That just seems so crazy! I am so close to 220's. I am working my tail off to be there by 2 months post op. I got a timetable from my friend and it was basically to show the average weight loss and how long it would take.

For Patients between 250-300

10-12 in the first 10 days

15-25 in 6 weeks

25-35 in 3 months

45-60 in 6 months

80 lbs or more 1 year

90lbs or more in 18

I am doing pretty well! :D