Chele0828

Hopeful, fearful, excited, anxious, but ready...really really ready :)

I have to say that the empty nest thing is amazing! Honestly, maybe it is easier because I had a lot of kids, seven total. To me nothing was more exciting then getting another one out in the real world! I have one back at home after graduating college and doing the job hunt or hanging out here until he gets into another school....though it isn't like having a kid here, he takes care of himself and is an adult. Now, the grandkids occupy a lot of our time. It is another chapter in our lives and it is great! Jen

14 day update:

I went to see my physician today. I am down a total of 52lbs, 9lbs since my surgery date! Now, I know you all are thinking that is good news, BUT in my mind, this is what was exciting. When I started my journey, I was taking Januvia, Actos, and glipizide for diabetes; Lisonopril, furosemide and potassium for BP. Today...I have dropped the Januvia and the Actos. The glipizide is down from 10mgs to 5mgs. furosemide and potassium are dropped completely, and the Lisinopril is down from 40mg to 10mg per day. I go back in one month, and my doctor expects that I will be dropped off of both of those meds as well!

Holy cow!  I was spending around $200 a month on prescriptions and diabetes supplies (strips and pokey things) - now reduced to $20. My numbers look great and my doctors was genuinely excited. She has worked diligently and caringly in an effort to encourage this change in my health. At one point I looked up after telling her all the good things I have been doing and feeling and I swear I saw a tear in her eye. She put her hand on my shoulder and said - "You've made my day. I could not be happier for you." How cool is that!

So far, no complications. Getting all my water and all my protein...I started on pureed foods yesterday. Who knew that cottage cheese could be soooo heavenly. I really think anything savory would have blown my socks off...so tired of sweet everything with the clear liquid (other than bouillon). I was so nervous, I wound up eating the cottage cheese one curd at a time - and it was small curd! :P

Chele, all great news!! Very exciting indeed.

And just think, this is only the beginning!

Thank you, Greer! I know...truly exciting news and only 14 days out. I am excited to see what lies ahead :)

I'm so happy for you, Chele!!  

Getting off and reducing your meds is awesome!  That is worth more than the 9lbs you lost already!!  And think of all the new clothes you can buy with the extra $180 you're saving each month!!!  Keep up your awesome effort!  You are an inspiration!

I filled my empty nest with horses. They are more expensive than the kids were!

Sounds like an outstanding option! :)

Chele: So glad things are going well for you! I tell you, getting off all my diabetes medicine after 10 years has made me feel amazing! The weight loss is a huge bonus in helping me move more. When I take a walk I think of each step one more step I get farther from diabetes! Really happy for you! Jen

Thank you, Kindred...YOURE NEXT!! :P

I love that, Jen. I completely understand. All my friends/family are focused on the weight loss...I am thinking...I have been on this BP medication for close to 10 years and now, I am almost completely off of it! Talk about a NSV! Knowing that these incredible improvements will continue, just incredibly exciting! :D

its been a great rollercoaster reading your story...   nothing as drastic for me over here in London. but nevertheless it has filled me with hope....  i'm just waiting for my date....   well done you...