Chele0828

Hopeful, fearful, excited, anxious, but ready...really really ready :)

OMG! Rational, grateful Chele has LEFT THE BUILDING! It is day one of my liquid diet...all I can think of is spaghetti with meatballs, a chicken sandwich at burger king...general tsao's chicken....must I go on! I have lost my mind!

Double that with having to stop taking my Cymbalta and having CRAZY withdrawals (kinda shocking after only taking it for two months). I cant think straight or talk straight. I am in a constant state of head rush, sweating, and feeling like I want to to go sleep...oh and today's new withdrawal treat - mega headache! Bleck. Can I change my mind?

On the exciting side, I got my passport today! Dont worry friends, I really dont want to change my mind, but oh man...the thoughts of spaghetti running through my head are just...WRONG.

AND I am only on day one. Lord help me...this is going to be quite a ride!

Chele (mostly)

The first several days (3) were the worst. It gets better after that.

I sure hope so, Lenny. It really took me by surprise. All I could think of was all the things I should have eaten yesterday. I am glad to hear it will get easier...because right now, it kinda sucks :(

Chele

Sending Happy Healthy Liver thoughts your way!

Awww...thank you, Mandy :)

I have never been able to tolerate pain meds either.  After I left the hospital the only thing I took for pain (and there really wasn't much) was Tylenol.  It works just fine  -  hang in there it will all work out.  I had to appeal twice before I was approved but it did all happen eventually and it was the best thing I have ever done for myself!!!

Thank you, PatricaAnn. Can I ask why form you took the tylenol in? Liquid, capsule..?

Chele

I learned something VERY EXCITING today, right here in this forum! I learned that sleeve patients (once they fully heal their tummy) can periodically take ibuprofin! Woot! Very exciting, as it is about the only pain reliever I can take that doesnt make me hurl! Also, I read the someone actually had IV nsaids at the hospital instead of the usual myriad of opioid pain relief! That was the equivalent of a triple word score!!! Could it be that I wont actually spend my entire recovery time projectile vomiting?? YAY.

I have also begun to amass a list of things I will get to look forward too after surgery. Here is what I have so far. I am hoping that all of you might chime in with yours too!

• walk through a mall and go into any store I want and buy clothes off the rack!
  • not pour out of the seat that I sit in during my weekly staff meetings
  • run...even 15 feet...just run
  • be medication free
  • scuba dive without floating to the surface!
  • sit in a booth rather than scanning the room nervously in hopes of a table with chairs being available
  • leave food on my plate
  • wear zip up jeans
  • buy any kind of car I want and not worry if I will fit
  • wear Nike Airs without popping them
  • ride on roller coasters because the seat belts fit
  • say yes to hikes because I am not afraid I will be embarrassed when I have to turn back/have everyone wait while I catch my breath or cant go as fast
  • no longer have to buy bra's at the toyota dealership (280ZX)
  • be comfortable sleeping
  • go to the gym and not feel unmanageably self-concsious
  • camping comfortably

That is what I have so far...anything the rest of you can think of adding?

Chele

oooo good one...totally adding that one!

Be able to sit in the bathtub. Be able to see my feet while standing strait up. Being able to walk around Walmart without sweating. Go to the Zoo and not have to sit down at all. Sit on the floor and play with my 3 yr old grandson. Go to a theater an fit in the seat. I'll try to think of some more later.

OMG yes, Sissy. Theater seats...the bane of my existence. And I do ok getting down on the floor...its the getting up part that is problematic for me...

I personally think it is a conspiracy at Walmart...it is so darn hot in there! I always do the feedback thing and tell them, if you want me to buy more...stop making your stores feel like saunas! (although maybe its better that I DONT spend more).

As for the bathtub...i might get in there...but no water would, and the getting out...well - someone call 911! Great additions. thank you, Sissy :)

I take one extra strength caplet.  If the pain doesn't go away (which it usually does) I will take a second one.  I have had no problem with them swallowing or digesting them.  Oh the bath tub!!  I have started to take baths again and its heaven. I can get out without help now !!!

I am looking forward to being able to :

bend over comfortably and tie my own shoes

to take my children to six flags and participate with them instead of being a bystander

to Not be stared at because of my girth

to get rid of my seat belt extender in my car

to go out with my husband dancing

to clean my house with out feeling like I need to sit down every  10 minutes

to go to sleep pain free and wake up pain free

these are just a few off top my head.

Yes Mandy! So many I can related to! Especially sleeping and waking up pain free. I can't remember the last time that happened. And tying my own shoes...how about this one...paint my toenails!

And yeah...cleaning wipes me out. It will be nice to take it in stride!  Thanks :)

GREEN LIGHT, GO! Today I went to have my blood work done after the nailbiting week and a half of wondering if stopping the selected medications would resolve my sudden "elevated liver enzymes." I got the call at 5pm. Liver enzymes are totally normal again, and I am officially (and FINALLY) cleared for surgery. I am only 6 days away and counting! I am incredibly relieved and now its time to nail down the list and start getting things lined up for the trip.

I AM GOING TO MEXICO!!!! WOOT WOOT!!

Its really happening...now here it is, 6 days away, and imagine this...I am feeling hopeful, fearful, excited, anxious, but really really ready, and incredibly grateful to all of you who have supported me through what I can only call the WLS Roller Coaster ride of my life. Make me some space, homies...I am heading in short order to the losers bench! Finally! :D

I can't wait for you to come home! I'm from the PNW originally, so I have to ask, where in OR? My kids live in Idaho, but I graduated from high school near Seattle....have family in Portland. I came here for better medical care. It's been an amazing 2 yr journey for me but WLS is only 2 mo old. I'm loving the losers bench.

I am in Southern Oregon :)

I'm so excited for you. I hope everything goes beautifully!

Good luck with everything I'm sure you will be great. I found it much easier than my section pain wise. It's key hole. The only real 'Pain' Was the gas they used but soon passes if you move around. After first day should feel lots better. I was very tired from the antithetic for a few days, but slept in chair propped up, and after that slept in my bed. So all I'm saying if you can stand sections.... I found this far easier :) 

look forward to seeing your journey and all the best with your op :)

GREEN LIGHT, GO! Today I went to have my blood work done after the nailbiting week and a half of wondering if stopping the selected medications would resolve my sudden "elevated liver enzymes." I got the call at 5pm. Liver enzymes are totally normal again, and I am officially (and FINALLY) cleared for surgery. I am only 6 days away and counting! I am incredibly relieved and now its time to nail down the list and start getting things lined up for the trip.

Its really happening...now here it is, 6 days away, and imagine this...I am feeling hopeful, fearful, excited, anxious, but really really ready, and incredibly grateful to all of you who have supported me through what I can only call the WLS Roller Coaster ride of my life. Make me some space, homies...I am heading in short order to the losers bench! Finally! :D

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Sip, sip, sip

Walk, walk, walk

The more you walk, the better you will feel.

Great to hear!  Very exciting...keep us all posted!!

Can't wait to follow your post-op journey!

Thank you jfrog, lolly, spunkycat and GAviv. I am super excited. And Lenny - day 10 of the liquid diet is way easier than day three. I am officially over the mexi food obsession. Only 5 more days!

And don't you worry spunkster...if I walk away from this forum remembering one thing, its going to be sip sip sip, walk walk walk!

I will let you know as soon as I can after surgery...I should be back in the states 5/25!  :D

Chele,

I know I missed something. Is this it for you posting till after surgery?

Chele stay strong .. The good times will comes .. But always stay with your feed down in not going to be easy but a right mind set and a good positive attitude can make your jurney way easy my dear !!! Think of the day that you will use your passport to your new you !! Send you love

I just had my surgery May 12 th GBS. Doing well. Hurts less than a C section. lets see how it goes. Doing my clear liquid diet. Surviving although I have slight pain when burps come up.