I am on my 3rd day post-op

MOchic

I had my Lap-Band surgery this last Thursday the 27th. I am doing pretty good, I just have pain when I get up from sitting or laying. I have a couple of concrens though. I am constipated and I did't know if that is normal from the pain meds, I didn't use any pain meds in the hospital (morphine drip) and I have taken my meds they sent me home with just a couple of times. I just feel really bloated. Second, I have 1 small incision on my right side under my breast and it is a little swollen around the incision, I am not sure if it has been like that the whole time, I just noticed it last nigt.

The constipation can be normal after any abdominal surgery. Walking helps a lot. Call your dr office if you have concerns though. I think I was 5 days post op when walking and fluids started making things move again.

As for the incision under your breast..personally I would call to be sure. It could just be from moving around though, or from that natural body warmth/sweat.

I'm glad your surgery went well and you've come home!

Glad that you are home and doing OK. If there is any fever, discharge or redness associated with the incision, then I think that you should call the doctor. I am 17 days out from my surgery and I still have one incision that is a little swollen but no discharge or redness. The doctor said it was fine.

Sounds like you are doing pretty good. Congrats. The constipation is uncomfortable, but not too big of a deal if you get it under control. I'd recommend giving your doc a call to see if you can take milk of magnesia or miralax to get things moving without any cramping. It will probably take a few days of taking a couple of doses a day to get a bowel movement. And, definitely run the incision thing by your surgeon, too. A little redness and swelling is pretty normal, but if it's warm or oozing at all, that is a concern. Better to give the dc a call about both issues just to be safe:)